ADVERTISEMENT

Sad

So he decided to defend racism, by stereotyping a group of people. Interesting.

Dude thats disingenuous. I have not defended racism. I also do not believe I necessarily stereotyped a group of people. My main point is that clearly there are problems with racism in Nebraska. Hell racism is a problem across the globe.

I'll say it as many times as it needs to be said: What happened in the Iowa football program was horrible and there is not excuse. Frankly as much as it hurt me to see our Old Capital and Stadium get spray painted, it needed to happen. I wish they would have left it that way as a reminder.

There is no excuse for racism. FULL STOP.

Every team holds during the game. Do we hold more than others? Maybe. Bottom line is refs are missing egregious holding calls to our detriment. That is undeniable.

When Osborne was coach, he had years or goodwill built up. He was the recipient of many home team calls.

Reactions: headcard
Every team holds during the game. Do we hold more than others? Maybe. Bottom line is refs are missing egregious holding calls to our detriment. That is undeniable.

When Osborne was coach, he had years or goodwill built up. He was the recipient of many home team calls.

I think there is some truth to that. Woody Hayes was well before my time, but everyone says that he'd get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to calls. So perhaps there is an element of that going on. I just do not believe that there is an intentional plot (for a number of reasons, starting with: where do the conspirators met?, Who specifically are they? Why are they doing this? Why only holding?).

I think there is some truth to that. Woody Hayes was well before my time, but everyone says that he'd get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to calls. So perhaps there is an element of that going on. I just do not believe that there is an intentional plot (for a number of reasons, starting with: where do the conspirators met?, Who specifically are they? Why are they doing this? Why only holding?).

You are choosing to ignore the facts presented to you over and over, to focus on a conspiracy plot, you have invented. And please do not compare cosches like Lovie Smith and Kirk Farentz to Woody Hayes.

You are choosing to ignore the facts presented to you over and over, to focus on a conspiracy plot, you have invented. And please do not compare cosches like Lovie Smith and Kirk Farentz to Woody Hayes.

So I actually didn't compare Lovie Smith and KF to Woody Hayes, I compared TO to Woody Hayes.

You say "You are choosing to ignore the facts presented to you over and over" what specifically am I choosing to ignore? Anyone can speak in generalizations.

For example: You are choosing to say stupid shit over and over without actually articulating a point.

Reminds me of Iowa fans. Pot, meet kettle!

lol you just did it. Like you just provided an example of exactly what I am talking about. You are not adding anything to the conversation: whether that be the topic of racism or holding. You just write: "Reminds me of Iowa fans. Pot, meet kettle!" You essentially said "I know you are but what am I" like cool dude.

So I actually didn't compare Lovie Smith and KF to Woody Hayes, I compared TO to Woody Hayes.

You say "You are choosing to ignore the facts presented to you over and over" what specifically am I choosing to ignore? Anyone can speak in generalizations.

For example: You are choosing to say stupid shit over and over without actually articulating a point.
Listen dipshit, you have been given statistics and shown pictures and videos, you are choosing to ignore those things because they are not convenient for you and your Nebraska fans are making excuses mantra. You provide nothing, just trolling with no substance.

Listen dipshit, you have been given statistics and shown pictures and videos, you are choosing to ignore those things because they are not convenient for you and your Nebraska fans are making excuses mantra. You provide nothing, just trolling with no substance.

I actually responded to each picture (I do not think any videos were posted, not sure tho) and I responded to the two statistics that were presented (10 holding calls this year vs opponents 0 and no holding calls against opponents from 2015-2018). I did not "ignore" them, rather I responded to each as insufficient evidence of an intentional plot against Nebraska.

Personally, I do not believe that any of you *actually* think there is a plot against Nebraska. If the claim is that Nebraska has received the short end of the stick when it comes to holding penalties, I'd say sure.

But if you truly think that the Big Ten is out to get Nebraska then I'm sorry but you are wrong. I mean it is not as though Nebraska was forced upon us. The schools (with the expect of Northwestern and Michigan who voted against admission) voted in favor of admitting Nebraska. We had a choice. If the Big Ten truly hated Nebraska, they'd just kick them out.

Just checked no videos. Just two pictures (well one was a tweet that contained a series of pictures) and then two statistics about holding calls and the lack thereof for Nebraska's opponents.

Just checked no videos. Just two pictures (well one was a tweet that contained a series of pictures) and then two statistics about holding calls and the lack thereof for Nebraska's opponents.
Here is a clip of a hold taking away a Nebraska TD.

Her is a pretty obvious hold, a MUCH bigger hold than the one taking away a big play for Nebraska.

Here is a series of Iowa holds on a game in which they were called for ZERO.

I’m sure it’s fun to be on the right side of this and just laugh and pretend like there’s is nothing to it. But the ugly truth is, this would be an awfully big coincidence.

Last edited:
Nebraska has won 5 National Championships, 46 Conference Championships, 3 Heisman Trophies, 54 Consensus All Americans, 26 Bowl games, and over 900 total games.

It is a very impressive resume and only a few schools can match it. As an Iowa fan, it’s a resume that I’m envious of and rational fans of most schools would be too.

However, it is very sad to see fans of this proud program complain about holding penalties, as if the refs are out to get them. I must admit as an Iowa fan searching on this board for schadenfreude, it is a satisfying sight. But, at this point, it has just gotten pathetic.

In 5 games of football, Nebraska has had 10 holding penalties as opposed to their opponents’s 0. Now normal people would look at that stat and think “boy my team needs to stop holding.” But apparently that isn’t how Nebraska fans react. They put that tin foil right on their heads and start thinking: “iTs ImPoSsIbLe FoR uS tO hAvE *TEN* mOrE pEnAlTiEs BeCaUsE *TEN* iS sUcH a HiGh NuMbEr.”

Isnt it possible that Nebraska’s miscues come down to coaching? Is it that hard to believe that coaching, rather than crooked referees are the source for Nebraska’s penalties?

And I’m not even saying Scott Frost is a bad coach. I’d like for Nebraska to fire him because apparently our teams are rivals (according to the Big Ten at least) and I think that would hurt Nebraska. But guys he isn’t perfect and penalties are clearly one of his imperfections.

The world is not out to get you. The Big Ten is not out to get you. Frankly neither are overly concerned. Put the tin foil down! Hell the Big Ten LITERALLY has an vested interest in Nebraska’s success.

In Memorial Stadium there is a sign that reads: “Through these gates pass the greatest fans in college football.” Maybe you guys should start acting like it. In the alternative, you can keep posting conspiratorial bullshit and everyone else will just keep on laughing at you. But if you pick the alternative could you please switch it up a bit? Maybe talk about the Kennedy assassination, or Biggie and Tupac, or the moon landing, or Area 51? At least make it interesting.
You’re dumb and your coaching staff is racist

Coach Frost was proud to share that he was able to curtail the clapping from the sidelines that ultimately caused Nebraska to lose (or was it the holding or not holding that caused the loss?). If he was able to square around the clapping in a brief conversation at half time, why has he not handled this whole holding ordeal before now? My bet is one of two things. First, he knows better. He knows that his poorly coached and under talented players hold more than others do. He also realizes that opposing teams do not have to hold in order to win. Simple as that.
Secondly, and more probable (because it cannot be his fault) maybe he has brought it up to the B1G, and that the evidence that he has shown does not support the theory the his team is called more, or the other teams are called less. If he has not gone this route, it certainly supports the fact that he is not a very good coach.
He takes at least partial credit for "saving" the season. Wouldn't you think that such a powerful figure would have the ear of the B1G.
Not that he is a bad guy, but replace him with a coach (along with the surrounding staff) that is a better fit and Nebraska would begin to see some real results and they would no longer be the mockery of the B1G. I do not see how it can happen without a coaching change.

I see the "racist" banner being thrown around in here. Specifically what has Ferentz, or any of his staff done that has been racist? Be very specific, as I am dumb and look through black and gold colored glasses.

Here is a clip of a hold taking away a Nebraska TD.

Her is a pretty obvious hold, a MUCH bigger hold than the one taking away a big play for Nebraska.

Here is a series of Iowa holds on a game in which they were called for ZERO.

I’m sure it’s fun to be on the right side of this and just laugh and pretend like there’s is nothing to it. But the ugly truth is, this would be an awfully big coincidence.

That Illinois video is the definition of a hold.
Regarding the Iowa video, some were holds, some weren't. There are holds on a great number of plays in a game. Most do not get called. It is easier to evaluate in hindsight than it is to officiate a game in real time.

Regarding the Pick Six tweet, that is just a rehash of the same statistic that has been mentioned several times.

Coach Frost was proud to share that he was able to curtail the clapping from the sidelines that ultimately caused Nebraska to lose (or was it the holding or not holding that caused the loss?). If he was able to square around the clapping in a brief conversation at half time, why has he not handled this whole holding ordeal before now? My bet is one of two things. First, he knows better. He knows that his poorly coached and under talented players hold more than others do. He also realizes that opposing teams do not have to hold in order to win. Simple as that.
Secondly, and more probable (because it cannot be his fault) maybe he has brought it up to the B1G, and that the evidence that he has shown does not support the theory the his team is called more, or the other teams are called less. If he has not gone this route, it certainly supports the fact that he is not a very good coach.
He takes at least partial credit for "saving" the season. Wouldn't you think that such a powerful figure would have the ear of the B1G.
Not that he is a bad guy, but replace him with a coach (along with the surrounding staff) that is a better fit and Nebraska would begin to see some real results and they would no longer be the mockery of the B1G. I do not see how it can happen without a coaching change.
Of all the Iowa trolls we have seen. I’m not sure I have ever seen any talk out their ass this much and so incoherently. Amazing

I see the "racist" banner being thrown around in here. Specifically what has Ferentz, or any of his staff done that has been racist? Be very specific, as I am dumb and look through black and gold colored glasses.

It is hard to bring up specifics (although there are numerous) because it ultimately came down to culture. Black players felt that they were treated differently. I think the problem with looking at single instances is that it only tells part of the story.

A few specifics though: (1) Doyle told black athletes that he would, to phrase, 'send them back to their hood' (2) a few black players mention having their food stipends taken away.

Last edited:
That Illinois video is the definition of a hold.
Regarding the Iowa video, some were holds, some weren't. There are holds on a great number of plays in a game. Most do not get called. It is easier to evaluate in hindsight than it is to officiate a game in real time.

Regarding the Pick Six tweet, that is just a rehash of the same statistic that has been mentioned several times.
That Illinois hold pales in comparison to the Iowa hold on the TD. The hold on the Iowa QB was much more obvious than the hold on Nebraska taking away AM’s long run. How can it be OK to always just chose to call those one way? Even an Iowa fan should be able to admit that’s not right.

That Illinois hold pales in comparison to the Iowa hold on the TD. The hold on the Iowa QB was much more obvious than the hold on Nebraska taking away AM’s long run. How can it be OK to always just chose to call those one way? Even an Iowa fan should be able to admit that’s not right.

I agree that if the refs are "choosing" to call the game in another team's favor, that is wrong. In fact, it is more than just wrong, it is horrible. I just do not believe that is what is happening here.

I agree that if the refs are "choosing" to call the game in another team's favor, that is wrong. In fact, it is more than just wrong, it is horrible. I just do not believe that is what is happening here.

What would it take to convince you? In other words, are you just playing dumb here, or are you actually willing to be convinced of this?

What would it take to convince you? Evidence exists.

I would like to know who you believe is the ring leader (like specifically). I would also like to know how they get the refs on board (do they pay them to not call holding). I would like to know whether the individual schools are involved or whether this is solely a Big Ten administration thing. Then lastly, I would like to know why? Why would the Big Ten do that to Nebraska? For kicks? Is there a theory that they someone have a financial incentive to not calling holding against Nebraska's opponents? Is it to just make the fans on this board mad? Why would the Big Ten go to all this trouble in organizing a conspiracy around not calling holding on Nebraska's opponents and why did they randomly stop doing that in 2019 and then pick it up again this year?

He's a troll🤷‍♂️

I don't think so. If I am being honest, I thought there would be a lot of Nebraska fans who agreed with me. You don't have to believe me. I assumed it was just a vocal minority of the fans who believed that there was some polt or whatever. In fact, in my original post I pay respect to Nebraska's status as a blue blood program. I just think the conspiracy talk is strange.

One thing I am honestly curious about is everyone's thoughts on why the Big Ten would do this to Nebraska?

Last edited:
In 5 games of football, Nebraska has had 10 holding penalties as opposed to their opponents’s 0. Now normal people would look at that stat and think “boy my team needs to stop holding.” But apparently that isn’t how Nebraska fans react. They put that tin foil right on their heads and start thinking: “iTs ImPoSsIbLe FoR uS tO hAvE *TEN* mOrE pEnAlTiEs BeCaUsE *TEN* iS sUcH a HiGh NuMbEr.”
I haven't been complaining about penalties at all, but now that you tell me our opponents haven't been called for a SINGLE holding, I'm going to. Thanks for the ammo.

Yes, Nebraska isn't playing good football. Our fans are definitely complaining more about our own miscues than about the refs. But you're telling me in 5 games not a single holding penalty has been called in our favor?? And a good number of our 10 (maybe 3 or 4) have been phantom calls. Holding is an easy penalty to call (or not call) for a ref acting with bias.

Can you at least entertain the possibility that the league is biased against the newest team that has spoken out against some of the league's decisions? Why do you think it's so farfetched that the Big Ten would pick on Nebraska? It would actually be more surprising if they DIDN'T when you consider how humans (especially those with egos) behave. And Kevin Warren certainly has a hurt ego right now.

Again, I don't even hear much complaining from our fanbase about it. We're definitely more pissed off about our performance, so your complaint about our complaining is off-base. But the little complaining we do about the refs has merit. Failing to admit that is failing to understand human nature.

I don't think so. If I am being honest, I thought there would be a lot of Nebraska fans who agreed with me. You don't have to believe me. I assumed it was just a vocal minority of the fans who believed that there was some polt or whatever. In fact, in my original post I pay respect to Nebraska's status as a blue blood program. I just think the conspiracy talk is strange.

One thing I am honestly curious about is everyone's thoughts on why the Big Ten would do this to Nebraska?
Mmkay troll

Can you at least entertain the possibility that the league is biased against the newest team that has spoken out against some of the league's decisions? Why do you think it's so farfetched that the Big Ten would pick on Nebraska?

I do. When the Big Ten picked Nebraska it wasn't because of the TV market (in contrast to Maryland and Rutgers). It was because of Nebraska's place in college football history. A successful Nebraska brings value to the Big Ten. Rutgers and Maryland simply expand the reach of the Big Ten Network. But that is not the case with Nebraska. It would make absolutely no sense for the Big Ten to add Nebraska just to tank the program. That goes against the whole point of adding them in the first place.

When we are talking about money, institutions do not give two ****s about grudges. They want to maximize profits. A successful Nebraska team brings in money, plain and simple.

Nebraska has won 5 National Championships, 46 Conference Championships, 3 Heisman Trophies, 54 Consensus All Americans, 26 Bowl games, and over 900 total games.

It is a very impressive resume and only a few schools can match it. As an Iowa fan, it’s a resume that I’m envious of and rational fans of most schools would be too.

However, it is very sad to see fans of this proud program complain about holding penalties, as if the refs are out to get them. I must admit as an Iowa fan searching on this board for schadenfreude, it is a satisfying sight. But, at this point, it has just gotten pathetic.

Isnt it possible that Nebraska’s miscues come down to coaching? Is it that hard to believe that coaching, rather than crooked referees are the source for Nebraska’s penalties?

And I’m not even saying Scott Frost is a bad coach. I’d like for Nebraska to fire him because apparently our teams are rivals (according to the Big Ten at least) and I think that would hurt Nebraska. But guys he isn’t perfect and penalties are clearly one of his imperfections.

The world is not out to get you. The Big Ten is not out to get you. Frankly neither are overly concerned. Put the tin foil down! Hell the Big Ten LITERALLY has an vested interest in Nebraska’s success.

In Memorial Stadium there is a sign that reads: “Through these gates pass the greatest fans in college football.” Maybe you guys should start acting like it. In the alternative, you can keep posting conspiratorial bullshit and everyone else will just keep on laughing at you. But if you pick the alternative could you please switch it up a bit? Maybe talk about the Kennedy assassination, or Biggie and Tupac, or the moon landing, or Area 51? At least make it interesting.

Number of times you have had sex. Why don't we all take a stab at this. I will start

Any dude that would write out this long of a post on another teams site is an ever-virgin.

I do. When the Big Ten picked Nebraska it wasn't because of the TV market (in contrast to Maryland and Rutgers). It was because of Nebraska's place in college football history. A successful Nebraska brings value to the Big Ten. Rutgers and Maryland simply expand the reach of the Big Ten Network. But that is not the case with Nebraska. It would make absolutely no sense for the Big Ten to add Nebraska just to tank the program. That goes against the whole point of adding them in the first place.

When we are talking about money, institutions do not give two ****s about grudges. They want to maximize profits. A successful Nebraska team brings in money, plain and simple.
your continued obsession proves Nebraska doesn't need on-field success to continue its relevance in college football

our worst season is much more notable than iowa's best

Reactions: Herbert Husker
If we as Husker fans are going to argue penalties, we need to get it right.

The stat/trend was no accepted holding penalties on pass plays by B1G opponents. That is far different than no holding penalties in general.

Reactions: KinnicksRightFoot
your continued obsession proves Nebraska doesn't need on-field success to continue its relevance in college football

our worst season is much more notable than iowa's best

well that last part isn’t true but whatever lol.

But yes I tend to agree with the first part. I think Nebraska is still relevant because of their place in history. I don’t think anything I have said should give you the impression that I think otherwise.

An unsuccessful Nebraska also brings in money. We watch no matter what. Helping other teams win would actually maximize viewership. How many Indiana fans are tuning in this year compared to a couple years ago? Way more. How many Nebraska fans are tuning in compared to our last good season a few years ago? Same amount.

Besides, your last point is wrong. Institutions are run by people, and sometimes people do choose grudges over money. Delany did us no favors with scheduling, but I have no other complaints about him. The complaints about Warren holding a grudge against us are very valid for what went down in August and September. History is littered with powerful people who were blinded by their own egos.

An unsuccessful Nebraska also brings in money. We watch no matter what. Helping other teams win would actually maximize viewership. How many Indiana fans are tuning in this year compared to a couple years ago? Way more. How many Nebraska fans are tuning in compared to our last good season a few years ago? Same amount.

Besides, your last point is wrong. Institutions are run by people, and sometimes people do choose grudges over money. Delany did us no favors with scheduling, but I have no other complaints about him. The complaints about Warren holding a grudge against us are very valid for what went down in August and September. History is littered with powerful people who were blinded by their own egos.

I think some of that is fair but this goes beyond viewership within fan bases. I agree that number will be pretty static, but a good Nebraska team draws a national audience in ways that a good Indiana, and even Iowa, team doesn’t. That is why Nebraska was added to the Big Ten.

ADVERTISEMENT