ADVERTISEMENT

Ryker Fyfe - gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Riley letting a guy with a crappy attitude, one who was insubordinate and disrespectful, one who is incredibly "Bo-like", back on the team?
Are you attempting humor here?

Because if you're not, why do you wonder when people call you a troll?

At this point I just wish we moved on from Fyfe. The prospect of him playing are extremely limited at this point with Darlington and Bush as back-ups. Am thinking there would be some opportunities for playing time at the DII or even 1AA level for him. Would rather have the additional scholarship available for walk-ons making meaningful impact on the team at this point.

The link is this thread.

Yes...I found it humorous what has been said about Fyfe.
but Tom, there is nothing factual in this thread, it is all heresay.. so before we actually attribute things said or attitudes or god forbid use a 'bo like' adjective, we should really start fact checking.. unless of course you were just feeding the fire and wanted to see this hit 5 pages, which I admire..

Why the need to be a D about it? Wish him well stud. How's his hips? Could he play db?
Rozier30 gave his opinion about the talent of a player. Why is that so hard to absorb? There are many players that have played at Neb that had no business doing so. I`ve called them out before and was condemned for it like this Rozier30 poster is now. Some players are just not very good and don`t deserve a scholarship based on performance. Fyfe is one of them. If you disagree on Fyfe`s production level and whether he deserves a scholarship, provide justification and evidence why you feel that way. Don`t attack me, or Rozier30, or whoever else who keeps it 100. Let's keep our discussions and opinions based on football on the field.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Rozier30 gave his opinion about the talent of a player. Why is that so hard to absorb? There are many players that have played at Neb that had no business doing so. I`ve called them out before and was condemned for it like this Rozier30 poster is now. Some players are just not very good and don`t deserve a scholarship based on performance. Fyfe is one of them. If you disagree on Fyfe`s production level and whether he deserves a scholarship, provide justification and evidence why you feel that way. Don`t attack me, or Rozier30, or whoever else who keeps it 100. Let's keep our discussions and opinions based on football on the field.
Where was he on your recruiting board?

Why is Riley letting a guy with a crappy attitude, one who was insubordinate and disrespectful, one who is incredibly "Bo-like", back on the team?
This is unsubstantiated as far as i`ve see. He should not have a scholarship based on his performance on the field primarily, not attitude. I know a lot of players who have bad attitudes but were also all americans who helped the team win championships

I would have been fine if Rozier30 had merely given his opinion. But he didn't. An opinion goes as follows:

"I don't believe Ryker Fyfe is good enough to have a scholarship."

He said nothing of the sort...did you read his posts? Numerous times he talked about this as 100% fact. That's going to get a response.

You can say you don't believe he should have gotten a scholarship, and that is a valid opinion. Rozier30 never said that.

Don't know your husker history? Really? Really?

When frank named bobby Newcombe the starter, Eric quit the team for a little while... Charlie was comparing the situations... Not the talent.

Yes, I do. I would not even begin to compare the talent OR the situations. Do you really believe the RF would ever truly challenge for the starting position, to the extent that it would influence the coaches to drag him back? Really?

Yes, I do. I would not even begin to compare the talent OR the situations. Do you really believe the RF would ever truly challenge for the starting position, to the extent that it would influence the coaches to drag him back? Really?
Having Fyfe as the top backup last season illustrates how piss poor of a coach bo was. What an incompetent idiot. I will say tho that I did miss in johnny stanton. I had him as a top 20 QB in my yr end rankings. Now, a large part of his being unsuccessful in college has to do with piss poor coaching development under coach bo and beck. I will be interested to see how stanton performs at his next destination. To further illustrate how terrible of a coach bo was, brainstorm how many players went on to VERY successful careers in the NFL AFTER leaving nebraska, while they were just OK while with the huskers. There is something really wrong with that. OK, Anti- bo rant over

Last edited:
Why don't you reread my post. I clearly stated he was not talking about talent… Just the situation. It's really not that hard.

You can say they aren't similar at all, but if RF quit and then thought better of it, returning to the team a little while later, I would say there are some similarities... No one was saying the coaches went after him. You just assumed that.

Before you respond, I'm not saying it's an identical situation... Just that there are similarities.

What's being missed is that we still have a walkon senior QB on the roster that IMO, outplayed Fyfe in the spring game. Roster management wise, Broekemeier appears to be a more accurate passer and brings a similar remaining skill set to the game as Fyfe. Frankly, I thought Broekemeier looked as game ready as anybody in the spring game. Granted its a very small sample size, but the kid was a stud in high school and it would be fun to see what he could do in a real game situation. From everything I hear, Broekemeier is a good teammate and can fill that same backup role that Fyfe did without costing us a scholarship.
Broekemeier? Really? He`s even worse than Fyfe. He should be at U of Wyoming

Broekemeier? Really? He`s even worse Fyfe. He should be at U of Wyoming
That's just asinine. Broekemeier isn't eating a scholarship and he showed some skills in the spring scrimmage. HE IS the PERFECT team player walkon backup QB that we need right where he is right now. IF everything goes to hell on our QB depth chart we have a 5th year senior that is a damned good athlete that throws an accurate ball. He could hand off and make the throws to keep us in games if need be. Could he play for Wyoming? No doubt but I'm glad we have him.

That's just asinine. Broekemeier isn't eating a scholarship and he showed some skills in the spring scrimmage. HE IS the PERFECT team player walkon backup QB that we need right where he is right now. IF everything goes to hell on our QB depth chart we have a 5th year senior that is a damned good athlete that throws an accurate ball. He could hand off and make the throws to keep us in games if need be. Could he play for Wyoming? No doubt but I'm glad we have him.
There`s a reason he`s not on scholarship. Good student, good teammate, not so talented

There`s a reason he`s not on scholarship. Good student, good teammate, not so talented
Did you follow his high school career? Did you watch the way he threw the ball in the spring game? He had other scholarship offers and there's a reason he was a recruited walkon. If not for a injury he might be the one on scholarship instead of Fyfe. He has more talent and God given athletic ability in his PINKY finger than you have in your entire body. Just quit the B.S. It's obvious by your posts that you don't know squat about football or talent evaluation.

RollingLaugh
Did you follow his high school career? Did you watch the way he threw the ball in the spring game? He had other scholarship offers and there's a reason he was a recruited walkon. If not for a injury he might be the one on scholarship instead of Fyfe. He has more talent and God given athletic ability in his PINKY finger than you have in your entire body. Just quit the B.S. It's obvious by your posts that you don't know squat about football or talent evaluation.

Nice rebuttal... :)
It's exactly what I expected from the middle schooler. He's tried to portray himself as some kind of recruiting analyst and he doesn't know diddly. In order to even get an invite as a walk on at NU, you have got to be a stud. Period. I played with and against guys back in the day that either had scholarship offers or walked on at NU. Those guys were tremendous athletes probably in the top 1/10th of a percent of the population or better. Broekemeier in particular had a terrible injury that hurt his chances and it pisses me off to have some know nothing pimply faced kid bashing his talent level and contribution to NU. He IS in fact a valuable member of the team that has given of his time and body to the team on his own dime.

You guys insult ppl and then degrade them even further for not keeping the insult loop going... that's middle school behavior IMO

Reactions: nothingkevin
Goodness. What a thread. Lots of expert analysis here.

3 months ago, who'd have seen this coming?

Last edited:
Don't know your husker history? Really? Really?

When frank named bobby Newcombe the starter, Eric quit the team for a little while... Charlie was comparing the situations... Not the talent.

We need an expert in Husker History, especially the home grown cornfed walkon portion concerning the aforementioned 2 players. @jw.3 @blkshrtdynasty, if your caseload isnt too overwhelming, can you please set the record straight.

If I recall, EC simply threw out his shoulder during harvest, probably throwing hay bails.

Last edited:
Reactions: blkshrtdynasty
This information is second hand and may only be partially accurate:

Ryker wasn't run off because of his inability to play the position. He apparently was very disrespectful and acted almost insubordinate with the staff. His attitude this Spring was almost "Bo Like."

Ladies and gentlemen, Riley has found his scapegoat for the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT