ADVERTISEMENT

Ryker Fyfe - gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if sparky was telling the truth about you it needed to be said?

That's my point... You flew off the handle when sparky called you an asshat. I am guessing you would say that was over the top. But it isn't over the top when you disparage Fyfe the way you did? You didn't call him a name I guess...

Maybe I'm being too sensitive to Fyfe, but I think this fan base can heal just fine without you telling "the truth" about a player no longer on the team.
Well said!

So if sparky was telling the truth about you it needed to be said?

That's my point... You flew off the handle when sparky called you an asshat. I am guessing you would say that was over the top. But it isn't over the top when you disparage Fyfe the way you did? You didn't call him a name I guess...

Maybe I'm being too sensitive to Fyfe, but I think this fan base can heal just fine without you telling "the truth" about a player no longer on the team.
The continued focus on name-calling by grown-ass men on a message board tells me alot about this place.

This information is second hand and may only be partially accurate:

Ryker wasn't run off because of his inability to play the position. He apparently was very disrespectful and acted almost insubordinate with the staff. His attitude this Spring was almost "Bo Like."

Cornicator, how many do of the players we've seen leave so far are a result of the same "Bo Like" attitude displayed in the spring. I imagine not all of them, just curious what your thoughts are.

I was on this board alot last year and I don't recall a single poster calling for Fyfe to start. Maybe there was one or two, but I missed them if they were. There were lots of posters that thought that TA should sit and watch for at least a series at times when he was making bad decisions with the ball. One thing that was consistent with our QB play under Beck was poor decision making.

Wow, way to represent Mr. Moderator. I'm an "asshat" because I spoke the 100% absolute truth. What does that make you? A scholarship he never deserved and only an asshat would believe he did. So what does that make you?
Since when does an opinion of yours classify as "100% absolute truth"?

I was on this board alot last year and I don't recall a single poster calling for Fyfe to start. Maybe there was one or two, but I missed them if they were. There were lots of posters that thought that TA should sit and watch for at least a series at times when he was making bad decisions with the ball. One thing that was consistent with our QB play under Beck was poor decision making.
I thought Fyfe should get PT, and not just when TA needed to regroup, but also so he would have some experience if TA got injured. What seemed to be uncanny was about the time I really really thought TA should sit, he would come out the next series and do something amazing.

Reactions: jeans15
Yes. There are a few posters here like that. You make a post about how humid it is and then some kumquat goes off on you for being a Pelini-lover.
I remember your posts supporting Pelini when the writing was clearly on the wall that he was awful. So.....

Ha, that Fyfe knows how to pit Husker fans against one another. Well played young man, well played.

5525ba58318d1.image.jpg

Where does the most logically landing spot forfor him. Does he have a redshirt available. Does he go to Youngstown?

Where does the most logically landing spot forfor him. Does he have a redshirt available. Does he go to Youngstown?
IMO, he might thrive at NDSU, SDSU or a similar program. He's athletic enough to make some plays with his feet and his arm strength and accuracy is good enough to compete at that level. Most people are unaware of what a great high school athlete Ryker was. He's nuts if he goes to YSU. There are a lot nicer schools with much better academic options out there that would love to have him. Ohio's Fighting Frankies would be a good fit with their offense. If I remember correctly, they recruited him fairly hard out of high school.

IMO, he might thrive at NDSU, SDSU or a similar program. He's athletic enough to make some plays with his feet and his arm strength and accuracy is good enough to compete at that level. Most people are unaware of what a great high school athlete Ryker was. He's nuts if he goes to YSU. There are a lot nicer schools with much better academic options out there that would love to have him. Ohio's Fighting Frankies would be a good fit with their offense. If I remember correctly, they recruited him fairly hard out of high school.
I would agree about going to Ohio. I honestly think he has potential to do something, but will have to try somewhere else it seems. It's a shame how this worked out to be honest.

OK...good to know that any shortcomings over the next few years won't be Riley's fault.
I don't think that's true at all. I'm saying that human nature is to continue to talk about or blame " the last guy". As guys like Sam I Am on RSS did for several years into Bo's stint.

I would agree about going to Ohio. I honestly think he has potential to do something, but will have to try somewhere else it seems. It's a shame how this worked out to be honest.
What's being missed is that we still have a walkon senior QB on the roster that IMO, outplayed Fyfe in the spring game. Roster management wise, Broekemeier appears to be a more accurate passer and brings a similar remaining skill set to the game as Fyfe. Frankly, I thought Broekemeier looked as game ready as anybody in the spring game. Granted its a very small sample size, but the kid was a stud in high school and it would be fun to see what he could do in a real game situation. From everything I hear, Broekemeier is a good teammate and can fill that same backup role that Fyfe did without costing us a scholarship.

so how many can we sign this class? i don't normally keep track, but now i'm curious if we sign every scholly available or if they hold a few back for special situations since the new rules on 4 year scholarships go into effect. brings me to another question.. do the new rules have the effect of basically eliminating schollys for walk on players?

He has used his RS so he won't go to Ohio IMO, another site (premium content so can't link) has reported that there was an attempt to reach out to NDSU without success. His best option might be YSU if Bo with take him.

I have NO inside info on what his option may be, however, just what I have read.

Last edited:
Can we confirm RF's scholarship was pulled? If so this move has me SMH again at this staff. This leaves 3 QB's on scholarship of which 2 are RSFR and one has a history of concussion. Let's not also forget that staff struck out last winter at signing at QB. wow we just went from having deepth @ QB to thin @ QB. Wow!

But, but, but we have 2 verbals right now. And 2 in the bush is always better than 1 in the hand especially when those 2 help nada in 2015.

When I look at moves like this it makes me question this hire more and more. And it's funny most believe it was resources was the only reason Riley has lost most of his coaching career

Can we confirm RF's scholarship was pulled? If so this move has me SMH again at this staff. This leaves 3 QB's on scholarship of which 2 are RSFR and one has a history of concussion. Let's not also forget that staff struck out last winter at signing at QB. wow we just went from having deepth @ QB to thin @ QB. Wow!

But, but, but we have 2 verbals right now. And 2 in the bush is always better than 1 in the hand especially when those 2 help nada in 2015.

When I look at moves like this it makes me question this hire more and more. And it's funny most believe it was resources was the only reason Riley has lost most of his coaching career

I'd say we only need three QBs and have someone who could switch positions if needed in case of emergency. I really don't see how having two verbals from good prospects is a negative. I sure hope you aren't going to act this way the entire first season for HCMR.

When I look at moves like this it makes me question this hire more and more. And it's funny most believe it was resources was the only reason Riley has lost most of his coach

Tyson B is still here as well

I'd say we only need three QBs and have someone who could switch positions if needed in case of emergency. I really don't see how having two verbals from good prospects is a negative. I sure hope you aren't going to act this way the entire first season for HCMR.
We've seen enough of this from spinner that the only way we don't see him acting this way is if we go 11-1 in the regular season and push tOSU to the limits in the conference championship game. There is no reason for me to believe otherwise...

He should probably change his name to Eeyore...

Reactions: GretnaShawn
We've seen enough of this from spinner that the only way we don't see him acting this way is if we go 11-1 in the regular season and push tOSU to the limits in the conference championship game. There is no reason for me to believe otherwise...

He should probably change his name to Eeyore...

Actually, I picture him as Sad from Inside Out. I think he'd stay that way even if MR did extremely well.

sad_zps65oxg4vn.jpg

Reactions: timnsun

. Imagine that. You questioning this hire. Never would have thunk it. You seem to forget that our 5th year senior Broekemeier outplayed Fyfe in the spring game. It appeared to me that Fyfe was 4th on the depth chart after the spring. Losing a 4th string QB to transfer is hardly a major cause for concern. IMO, Broekemeier's skill set is a better fit for Riley's offense than Fyfe and he certainly looks like a more accurate passer. We've heard multiple times that Langsdorf and Riley put a premium on accuracy. It was obvious that Riley and Langsdorf had moved on from both Stanton and Fyfe so they're looking for a place where they can get on the field. We have plenty of QBs.

Some folks were worried this staff was "too nice" when they were hired. Between the recent house cleaning and trying to pick up Stevenson even though they signed Ozigbo, referring to him as their only back in the 2015 class, it appears nice doesn't count when it comes to roster/cancer management (a good thing).

Reactions: arf_man
Lots of angst over a 3rd/4th string quarterback. If Fyfe or Brokemeier get substantial playing time then we have waaaaayyyyyyy bigger worries than how good they are.

True neither Wilson nor POB will help this season. Husker fans need to realize neither would RF if he would have stayed here. Makes for a great story, the walk-on kid from Nebraska, but that is all it is.

W
Lots of angst over a 3rd/4th string quarterback. If Fyfe or Brokemeier get substantial playing time then we have waaaaayyyyyyy bigger worries than how good they are.
We've got an extremely talented backup in Bush, a 5th year senior that IMO could be counted on to hold things together if called on and I keep forgetting that Darlington looked like the best QB on the team. Most college teams would be happy with that. Most teams other that Ohio State are in trouble if they have to play their 2nd team guy let alone the 4th or 5th team QB like Fyfe was after the spring game. I'll always root for that walkon kid to succeed but if he really wants to play, Fyfe needed to go somewhere else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT