ADVERTISEMENT

Ryker Fyfe - gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zamzman

Senior
Jul 1, 2004
Another board says he's not participating in the summer 7-on-7 drills.

It didn't look like he was going to get any playing time. I think the younger QBs were ahead of him based on spring, so perhaps he'll go someplace to play right away. Good luck to him if true. I'm glad he gave it a shot as a Husker.

Another board says he's not participating in the summer 7-on-7 drills.

It didn't look like he was going to get any playing time. I think the younger QBs were ahead of him based on spring, so perhaps he'll go someplace to play right away. Good luck to him if true. I'm glad he gave it a shot as a Husker.

He was never good enough to QB Nebraska anyway. The fact he was given a scholarship and was 2nd string is an enormous red flag to how quickly this ship was sinking under that inbred gomer.

Good luck to him, maybe he can land in a smaller school and give it a shot, I think he could succeed in 1A or D-2 type situation. He did have a good drive in relief of Tommy against Michigan State last year for a td, so he has something to hang his hat on. I wish him well.

Yep and still posters said he should be the starter here. Insert giant face palm.
I don't recall anybody saying that Fyfe should be the starter. I think Beck would have done well at times to sit TA down and let him watch for a series and Fyfe didn't scare me as a backup. IMO he could have come in and held things together well enough to salvage some games. Stanton is the head scratcher to me. One of Bo's staff (a coach not a towel boy) that I know was really high on him and thought he was going to be our starter last fall. Obviously he was wrong but how do you go from that to 5th or 6th on the depth chart with a guy that recruited you out of high school???

Well, best wishes for Fyfe if it's true. I heard a rumor that his scholarship was pulled after the spring game.

I don't recall anybody saying that Fyfe should be the starter. I think Beck would have done well at times to sit TA down and let him watch for a series and Fyfe didn't scare me as a backup. IMO he could have come in and held things together well enough to salvage some games. Stanton is the head scratcher to me. One of Bo's staff (a coach not a towel boy) that I know was really high on him and thought he was going to be our starter last fall. Obviously he was wrong but how do you go from that to 5th or 6th on the depth chart with a guy that recruited you out of high school???
Good post, also Bugeater posts about Fyfe leading a nice td drive against MSU - not too many can say that, so Fyfe has talent. Its tough too win the starters position at a B1G school.,, Darlington had a big Spring game, many posted he wasn't getting that many reps, but his performance was changing that - appears we are clearing the decks , so to speak, to give the top 3 more reps ( some increase opportunity by leaving ). Seem to see evidence of increased recruiting acumen and roster management. We will have a very good qb roster in 16.

Best of luck to him, but still.. not sure I agree that he should have his scholarship pulled as he enters his Jr season, if that is what happened. I can see the headline now: "Home grown walk on, earns a scholly to have it pulled by the new head coach". It just doesn't look real good, if that is the case. Also, in the future, doesn't sound like this would be possible under the new conference rules. I always thought Ryker had a good shot to do something here. Sorry to see him go.

Best of luck to him, but still.. not sure I agree that he should have his scholarship pulled as he enters his Jr season, if that is what happened. I can see the headline now: "Home grown walk on, earns a scholly to have it pulled by the new head coach". It just doesn't look real good, if that is the case. Also, in the future, doesn't sound like this would be possible under the new conference rules. I always thought Ryker had a good shot to do something here. Sorry to see him go.
What if the headline was "ppl who shouldnt have a scholarship now dont"

Reactions: Rozier 30

Because Stanton cant hit the broadside of a barn In college.

Because Stanton cant hit the broadside of a barn In college.
I realize that he couldn't throw it in the ocean in the spring game. I'm wondering why or what happened. I was told that he had torn it up in bowl practices the year before and would likely be the starter. In the spring game this year, he missed wide open guy after wide open guy. He was known as an accurate passer coming out of high school.

He was never good enough to QB Nebraska anyway. The fact he was given a scholarship and was 2nd string is an enormous red flag to how quickly this ship was sinking under that inbred gomer.
Amazing how some people can be an asshat when it comes to a kid losing a scholarship. Why not take the high road instead of looking like a idiot.

Reactions: balsy and resdog851

Bo? Is that you? I would appreciate it Pellllini if you stayed on the Youngstown St. website. Thanks

Amazing how some people can be an asshat when it comes to a kid losing a scholarship. Why not take the high road instead of looking like a idiot.

Wow, way to represent Mr. Moderator. I'm an "asshat" because I spoke the 100% absolute truth. What does that make you? A scholarship he never deserved and only an asshat would believe he did. So what does that make you?

Last edited by a moderator:
i didn't expect that kind of response from the peanut gallery either.. and what is it with some people's fixation on some ex-coach? some of you got issues for sure.. maybe a group therapy session would help, or not.

I am happy to go on record as wishing Fyfe would have won the starting job, and was impressed with what he did in a spring game. Looked like a tough kid that just got the job done without the huge arm. Yes I liked him, and was rooting for him to start over TA.

you act as if I support the old regime, which i do not.. some of you all are so hung up on that crap, you just assume things, and well I'm certainly amused at where the tangent went.. there is def a group of you who somehow made that leap, right off the deep end. It's certainly entertaining.

you act as if I support the old regime, which i do not.. some of you all are so hung up on that crap, you just assume things, and well I'm certainly amused at where the tangent went.. there is def a group of you who somehow made that leap, right off the deep end. It's certainly entertaining.

I don't care what you support. I would assume if you are here you wold be supportive of Nebraska football as am I which is why I love watching a real coaching staff filter out untalented scholarship football players from a big time college football program roster. I love that because it makes my team better! I *&^%ing LOVE it!!!!

I don't care what you support. I would assume if you are here you wold be supportive of Nebraska football as am I which is why I love watching a real coaching staff filter out untalented scholarship football players from a big time college football program roster. I love that because it makes my team better! I *&^%ing LOVE it!!!!
You're awfully angry first thing in the morning.. hope you have a better day

Wow, way to represent Mr. Moderator. I'm an "asshat" because I spoke the 100% absolute truth. What does that make you? A scholarship he never deserved and only an asshat would believe he did. So what does that make you? Wash your mouth of that shit tasting sauce of yours and answer the question.
Wow... That time of the month?

I get that you don't like being called names, but using Fyfe to slam Pelini wasn't exactly the best way to go about expressing you frustration with the former coach.

You're awfully angry first thing in the morning.. hope you have a better day

Dude, I'm not mad. I'm not mad at all. I love where this program is going! I couldn't be happier because for the first time in a long while I've been happy with the leadership in South Stadium. Life is good , brother! I hope you have a great day!!!

Wow... That time of the month?

I get that you don't like being called names, but using Fyfe to slam Pelini wasn't exactly the best way to go about expressing you frustration with the former coach.

Look, I'm talking about a lot of players who didn't belong on the roster. You've been watching it all summer and I expect it to continue. Fyfe is just another player who didn't belong. Sorry for the honesty. Fyfe is not the only player who came to Nebraska and wasn't good enough...that's life and if you played any kind of sport you should be able to comprehend that fact.

Last edited:
This information is second hand and may only be partially accurate:

Ryker wasn't run off because of his inability to play the position. He apparently was very disrespectful and acted almost insubordinate with the staff. His attitude this Spring was almost "Bo Like."

This information is second hand and may only be partially accurate:

Ryker wasn't run off because of his inability to play the position. He apparently was very disrespectful and acted almost insubordinate with the staff. His attitude this Spring was almost "Bo Like."

A common denominator with the culture previously created as well as in the attitudes in many of the players being shown the door.

I realize that he couldn't throw it in the ocean in the spring game. I'm wondering why or what happened. I was told that he had torn it up in bowl practices the year before and would likely be the starter. In the spring game this year, he missed wide open guy after wide open guy. He was known as an accurate passer coming out of high school.

That's a stretch considering he was mostly compared to Tim Tebow.

Reactions: St. Anger
A common denominator with the culture previously created as well as in the attitudes in many of the players being shown the door.
Wasn't he one of the more vocal players about the new staff before they even got here? Can't keep around players with shit attitudes. Kind of figured that is what this was all about. If you deserved it to be handed to you Ryker, you are in the wrong place.

Reactions: Rozier 30
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT