ADVERTISEMENT

Ryker Fyfe - gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geeze, time to

lock1.jpg
this thread.

Amazing how some people can be an asshat when it comes to a kid losing a scholarship. Why not take the high road instead of looking like a idiot.

I don't take that as being an asshat to or about Fyfe, I think it's pointing out how desperate Bo and Beck were regarding the QB position.

For all their time here they never had a really good QB. Martinez was a good play maker based on his great speed, but that's about it.

Reactions: Rozier 30
Wow, way to represent Mr. Moderator. I'm an "asshat" because I spoke the 100% absolute truth. What does that make you? A scholarship he never deserved and only an asshat would believe he did. So what does that make you? Wash your mouth of that shit tasting sauce of yours and answer the question.

Be honest, do you really thing the sauce is that bad?

I am happy to go on record as wishing Fyfe would have won the starting job, and was impressed with what he did in a spring game. Looked like a tough kid that just got the job done without the huge arm. Yes I liked him, and was rooting for him to start over TA.

Seeing things that aren't there again? LOL jk jk.

Wow. There's a few things Ive learned in my years:

You dont tug on Supermans cape
You dont spit into the wind
You dont pull the mask off that old Lone Ranger

And you dont mess around with Tim or the Sparky Sauce.

Reactions: MotoHusker
you act as if I support the old regime, which i do not.. some of you all are so hung up on that crap, you just assume things, and well I'm certainly amused at where the tangent went.. there is def a group of you who somehow made that leap, right off the deep end. It's certainly entertaining.
Yes. There are a few posters here like that. You make a post about how humid it is and then some kumquat goes off on you for being a Pelini-lover.

Wow, way to represent Mr. Moderator. I'm an "asshat" because I spoke the 100% absolute truth. What does that make you? A scholarship he never deserved and only an asshat would believe he did. So what does that make you? Wash your mouth of that shit tasting sauce of yours and answer the question.
Oh screw you with that mod shit. I still have an opinion & I call them like I see them . Your comment of "He was never good enough to QB Nebraska anyway.
Strikes me as an arrogant condescending comment. Don't pull the mod card especially if that's all you got. BTW, fvck you for bringing my company into the situation. Kiss my ass bitch. BTW. I just banned myself again for 7 days.

Oh screw you with that mod shit. I still have an opinion & I call them like I see them . Your comment of "He was never good enough to QB Nebraska anyway.
Strikes me as an arrogant condescending comment. Don't pull the mod card especially if that's all you got. BTW, fvck you for bringing my company into the situation. Kiss my ass bitch. BTW. I just banned myself again for 7 days.

He wasn't good enough...ever. If you don't want it to get personal then don't make it personal by calling people "asshat" and "idiot". It's in the rules. And you still haven't answered the question.

He wasn't good enough...ever. If you don't want it to get personal then don't make it personal by calling people "asshat" and "idiot". It's in the rules. And you still haven't answered the question.
If you're looking for an answer, it looks like you will have to wait at least 7 days...

It's one thing to tell the truth, which you claim to be doing (even though if Armstrong goes down last year Fyfe would have been the starter), and another to crap on a player who gave 4 years to the program. I don't know what he was like privately, I have no inside info at all... But from the outside it seemed as if he represented the university well. Just say thanks to the guy and move on...

But what do I know?

Reactions: bigboxes

IMO you were an asshat by calling him out BTW, you never did ask me a question. .

Dude, I'm not mad. I'm not mad at all. I love where this program is going! I couldn't be happier because for the first time in a long while I've been happy with the leadership in South Stadium. Life is good , brother! I hope you have a great day!!!
I agree with sentiment about our leadership now. Having a Nebraska kid that most of us really hoped would succeed isn't something to gloat about though just because Bo might have been a little premature with a scholarship. Fyfe and Bo are two totally different topics. The kid has more talent than a good many of the QBs we've seen roll through Lincoln on scholarship since Osborne's days. IMO he could have been a serviceable backup. Leave it at and let's hope he gets a chance to show what he can do somewhere else.
If you're looking for an answer, it looks like you will have to wait at least 7 days...

It's one thing to tell the truth, which you claim to be doing (even though if Armstrong goes down last year Fyfe would have been the starter), and another to crap on a player who gave 4 years to the program. I don't know what he was like privately, I have no inside info at all... But from the outside it seemed as if he represented the university well. Just say thanks to the guy and move on...

But what do I know?
You nailed it timsun. Fyfe paid his own way for several years, worked his tail off, and beat out a highly rated scholarship guy for his spot. IF his attitude was bad, some criticism may be warranted, but the kid had enough talent to help us win a game and at least publicly he did all the right things. Hell, over half the guys most schools recruit don't end up contributing as much as Ryker did for us. Great player? Nope. Good player? Yes good enough to play d-1 football somewhere and that's more than some know-it-all posters on here can say for themselves.

Whether he was a Big Ten level QB or not, he was solidly our #2 option and the guy who was going in any time Armstrong went down. I feel like any time a walk-on makes the 2-deep they probably deserve a scholarship, general rule.

I don't think it's a guaranteed renewable scholarship, though, especially if he was one of the players causing dissent with the new staff.

Whether he was a Big Ten level QB or not, he was solidly our #2 option and the guy who was going in any time Armstrong went down. I feel like any time a walk-on makes the 2-deep they probably deserve a scholarship, general rule.

I don't think it's a guaranteed renewable scholarship, though, especially if he was one of the players causing dissent with the new staff.
So there are more?

That can't be good if there is an actual group of dissenters, a guy here or there i can understand.

Last edited:
I agree with sentiment about our leadership now. Having a Nebraska kid that most of us really hoped would succeed isn't something to gloat about though just because Bo might have been a little premature with a scholarship. Fyfe and Bo are two totally different topics. The kid has more talent than a good many of the QBs we've seen roll through Lincoln on scholarship since Osborne's days. IMO he could have been a serviceable backup. Leave it at and let's hope he gets a chance to show what he can do somewhere else.

You nailed it timsun. Fyfe paid his own way for several years, worked his tail off, and beat out a highly rated scholarship guy for his spot. IF his attitude was bad, some criticism may be warranted, but the kid had enough talent to help us win a game and at least publicly he did all the right things. Hell, over half the guys most schools recruit don't end up contributing as much as Ryker did for us. Great player? Nope. Good player? Yes good enough to play d-1 football somewhere and that's more than some know-it-all posters on here can say for themselves.
Publically he was a nuisance who complained from the start and had a terrible attitude toward the new regime. Cut the cancer out and hope it doesn't spread.

Reactions: Rozier 30
Well if this thread is any indication of how explosive the topic is, there might be a brewing problem now. Lets hope not. We really don't need a full on meltdown before fall camp.

C`mon guys keep the personal stuff out of here. Because it is the off season we have been lenient.

I see that has been a mistake so proceed accordingly.

Reactions: Jung A. Sungonung
66 replies to a post about a 3rd or 4th string QB? It's time to mix in another hobby, guys.

Wife wanted to see Trainwreck at the movies today. I am staying home. This Trainwreck is much more entertaining. 4th string qbs and condiments. Its a
SPARKNADO!!!!

And when IS that hot version coming to Hyvee anyway?

Well to be fair, the culture Bo instilled and the words he used on the way out the door did probably contribute to some bad blood with some remaining players. Fyfe I believe was pretty tight with Beck and Beck IMO got a bad rap most of the time from our fans. Even though I think we got a big upgrade at OC, I would have been just fine with Tim Beck being retained as long as Bo got the boot. I could see why Fyfe would feel loyal to Beck in particular. If Fyfe was unhappy with the situation after spring ball it was probably time for him to move on. Just the way it is.

Agree and thanks Sparky, Rozier is the board tool with all his talent evals. It's comical, glad you called him out. No need to be a d about college kids.

I'm 100% correct. Sorry you don't get it but all good because as mentioned before...the cancer is gone. Sorry you don't care as this isn't the first we've heard about entitlement within the roster.

I don't recall anybody saying that Fyfe should be the starter. I think Beck would have done well at times to sit TA down and let him watch for a series and Fyfe didn't scare me as a backup. IMO he could have come in and held things together well enough to salvage some games. Stanton is the head scratcher to me. One of Bo's staff (a coach not a towel boy) that I know was really high on him and thought he was going to be our starter last fall. Obviously he was wrong but how do you go from that to 5th or 6th on the depth chart with a guy that recruited you out of high school???

Lots of people did. C'mon. "I don't recall." Tons of people thought he should come in last year.

Zero inside information but it's fairly safe that out of over a hundred returning players on the roster that a few didn't like the change.

I said it when Riley was hired. Most of the players will realize that maybe Mike Riley loves them just as much as Bo and will be just as good for them. The ones that don? They will walk and it is fine. They would never buy in anyway.

As far as Fyfe, whether or not he deserved a Scholls is not his fault. If he isn't D1 quality, then that is on the prior staff for not recruiting better. He was elevated to second string.

Now it was out of line for him to call you an asshat. But I will NOT sit idly by and endure your disparaging of that delicious wing sauce!

Feel bad for Fyfe, not his fault he got the Shea McClellan treatment. But he was probably not a scholarship QB.

Reactions: sparky62
I'm 100% correct. Sorry you don't get it but all good because as mentioned before...the cancer is gone. Sorry you don't care as this isn't the first we've heard about entitlement within the roster.
What's your measuring stick? 100% correct? That's your problem right there... Sorry you don't get it but all good because as mentioned before (by Sparky)... this is arrogance, plain and simple.

Look, I'm not saying he should stay and that he isn't a cancer; it sounds like it might be good he is moving on. The problem is how you proclaimed it. Nothing wrong with the truth, but sometimes it doesn't need to be said.

What's your measuring stick? 100% correct? That's your problem right there... Sorry you don't get it but all good because as mentioned before (by Sparky)... this is arrogance, plain and simple.

Look, I'm not saying he should stay and that he isn't a cancer; it sounds like it might be good he is moving on. The problem is how you proclaimed it. Nothing wrong with the truth, but sometimes it doesn't need to be said.

It's not arrogance. Its plain and simple. I believe if this fan base is going to heal properly the truth needs to be said. It's disgusting.

It's not arrogance. Its plain and simple. I believe if this fan base is going to heal properly the truth needs to be said. It's disgusting.
So if sparky was telling the truth about you it needed to be said?

That's my point... You flew off the handle when sparky called you an asshat. I am guessing you would say that was over the top. But it isn't over the top when you disparage Fyfe the way you did? You didn't call him a name I guess...

Maybe I'm being too sensitive to Fyfe, but I think this fan base can heal just fine without you telling "the truth" about a player no longer on the team.

Why the need to be a D about it? Wish him well stud. How's his hips? Could he play db?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT