ADVERTISEMENT

Ruth Bader Ginsberg died

If he is going to nominate somebody, he’d be smart to nominate Amy Coney Barrett. He needs the white suburban female vote to win. Coney Barrett is a Catholic mother of a bunch of kids. The optics of her getting put through the ringer will be a bad look for the left and could possibly swing him votes. But that’s if he’s smart. I doubt he does it and we get another crap nominee more like Kavanaugh and less like Goursech.
She's probably the most qualified of the 4 that I've seen mentioned. They've known RBG was on her death bed for weeks. This shouldn't be a drawn out process to pick her successor.

Technically yes. Actually no. They had to muzzle her after her last faux pas. She hasn't written her own opinions for years. What transpires now will be very interesting. Trump has EVERY right and SHOULD nominate somebody quickly to fill the court.
Won't pass. All never trumpers and other big tenish president/chancellor types have already gone on record saying they'll vote no period. But Trump is pretty smart cookie at calling bluffs

It might work in his favor to nominate a black woman...... It seems like he had a few female black jurists in his sights the last time around.

This is interesting, if he did this, nominate a black female non-super conservative...

Well, the reaction would be epic.

It might work in his favor to wait.

I think I see where you are coming from. No reason to give the jackals even more reason to massage the narrative and fire up the anti-everything base. But waiting would be bad imo, getting someone on the court would do 3 things.

A) put brakes on the mush-brains should they win ( If we wait and lose, Romney, Collins, etc. will be unwilling to give the republicans the 51 votes they need and the "HARRIS" administration will be selecting her replacement)

B) fire up the crowd that has been waiting 50+ years for someone willing to push back against the dividers.

C) Since Roberts is basically a lefty at this point we need a solid 5 to decide the post-election crap. Put someone like Cruz on the court and you have a solid 5.

IMO it's worth the risk to fill the spot. Of course the senate could easily find a way to screw this up. Looking at you China-Mitch.

I
She's probably the most qualified of the 4 that I've seen mentioned. They've known RBG was on her death bed for weeks. This shouldn't be a drawn out process to pick her successor.
Think those were merely addition to his existing list.

I think Barrett, Kethledge and Hardiman were considered last time and he may pick from those 3?

I think he really liked his interview with Kethledge but the circumstances don't fit and I think it makes sense to go with Barrett. I think she would do a good job, so I agree with GretnaShawn.

Yeah that's over the top. I don't agree with hardly a thing she's been in the majority on but she is a person of our history and I'll give her my respect
Wish others felt that way....
5ee8da3bd9769.image.jpg

Reactions: HuskerDana
Wish others felt that way....
5ee8da3bd9769.image.jpg
Win the election and make sure you keep the senate and retake the house. Priority#1. Don't spike the ball with 2 minutes to play. Act like you have been there and take care of business. It's all about the middle (independent) voter. Bases ain't changing on either side

Reactions: sandiegohawk
Well I just had a thought and a scenario just went through my mind that I can't say in full because it will get me banned. But it involves a 4-4 court AND Jan 20. I'm rethinking my opinion. Should nominate

Reactions: dinglefritz
If he is going to nominate somebody, he’d be smart to nominate Amy Coney Barrett. He needs the white suburban female vote to win. Coney Barrett is a Catholic mother of a bunch of kids. The optics of her getting put through the ringer will be a bad look for the left and could possibly swing him votes. But that’s if he’s smart. I doubt he does it and we get another crap nominee more like Kavanaugh and less like Goursech.
Wasn't she on Trump's short list before landing on Trump?

Let's get someone in there ASAP. Clarence Thomas will retire soon. We can't risk having two two loons added to the court

Reactions: bshirt73
Heard it here first folks. It’s not about right or wrong or even smart or dumb. It’s about leveraging a perceived political position/ narrative. Start taking the over / under on how many times the Trump interview regarding “some sort of punishment” for those who seek abortions (If it we’re illegal) will be replayed between now and Election Day. Then remember who the only real true anti-establishment candidate is. (Hint: and this is a universal truth) It’s the one with the most enemies. The revolution is already happening folks, shhhh don’t tell the pretenders.

Last edited:
This country is about to get ripped apart even more than this summer. Can you imagine if Trump and the republicans get ousted in the election and ram through their SCOTUS pick afterwards? Bloodshed.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said unequivocally Friday night that President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee to fill the vacancy of late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg “will receive a vote on the floor of the United States Senate.”

Last edited:
Is PERIOD conservative or liberal?
Obama nominated a justice. The Senate just didn't vote on confirmation. Trump absolutely should nominate someone. I think Ted Cruz is his first choice but there will be a lot of pressure to choose a woman. This is a tough choice for President Trump. I think you go with instinct and Ted Cruz.

Democrats botched the last nomination. They need to stop compromising, they're just going to lose every time.

I dont disagree one bit. Will they wait until Feb or Monday? Precedent says Feb reality says Monday

Mitch McConnell in 2016: “The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president."

Nothing but politics...
ask yourself “what would Harry Reid and Obama do. ..? “
Answer: with a a majority democrat majority Senate- cram a liberal in there

rebublicans have a majority and can do whatever the f they want, just like the Democrats WOULD do.... FACT

Obama nominated a justice. The Senate just didn't vote on confirmation. Trump absolutely should nominate someone. I think Ted Cruz is his first choice but there will be a lot of pressure to choose a woman. This is a tough choice for President Trump. I think you go with instinct and Ted Cruz.

Cruz is a good pick if you’re already going to vote Republican. It’s an ehh pick if you’re on the fence. Trump needs suburban women to win this election. And he doesn’t have them now. His only plays are pushing the riots and return to order and/or nominate a women that appeals to suburban women. The Democrats will be in the position to either say the nominee is a good pick, say it’s wrong to pick/let election decide (which won’t get them far, IMO), or go after her.

It really paints the Democrats into a corner. They will probably pick door number three and they will go after the pick. If it is somebody like Amy Coney Barrett, who is a Catholic mother of seven, two which are adopted from Haiti, who holds the Catholic position of being pro life, suburban women will most likely relate to her. And any attacks on her would feel like an attack on them.

You don’t get that with Cruz. I like Cruz, but he has an unfortunate look. The beard helps, but he often looks like a weasel. No fault of his and he would be a great pick. But he’s the wrong pick headed into an election, IMO.

Reactions: HuskerO and bluenrg
Didn’t Cruz already say he wouldn’t accept a Supreme Court nomination? I like Coney Barrett, solid choice in my book.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Cruz is a good pick if you’re already going to vote Republican. It’s an ehh pick if you’re on the fence. Trump needs suburban women to win this election. And he doesn’t have them now. His only plays are pushing the riots and return to order and/or nominate a women that appeals to suburban women. The Democrats will be in the position to either say the nominee is a good pick, say it’s wrong to pick/let election decide (which won’t get them far, IMO), or go after her.

It really paints the Democrats into a corner. They will probably pick door number three and they will go after the pick. If it is somebody like Amy Coney Barrett, who is a Catholic mother of seven, two which are adopted from Haiti, who holds the Catholic position of being pro life, suburban women will most likely relate to her. And any attacks on her would feel like an attack on them.

You don’t get that with Cruz. I like Cruz, but he has an unfortunate look. The beard helps, but he often looks like a weasel. No fault of his and he would be a great pick. But he’s the wrong pick headed into an election, IMO.
First of all. You'r wifes photo on your icon thingy is disturbing. Trump doesn't NEED suburban women to win this election. He has them wrapped around his finger. They are part of the party that wants not to have people burn their city to the ground, and have the person supposedly in charge of the situation say...carry on. All is well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT