ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers: 20th in Rush Defense & has given up 203 passing yds per game.

bomber89

Assistant Head Coach
Oct 12, 2004
They are 20th overall in Rush Defense while only giving up 203 yds passing per game. Only bright spot is they are tied with Nebraska with 3 sacks on the year. I think its another dog fight.

Last edited:
They are 20th overall in Rush Defense while only giving up 203 yes passing per game. Only bright spot is they are tied with Nebraska with 3 sacks on the year. I think its another dog fight.

We will be lucky to win 3 games this year if we play like we did Saturday. The next 2 games should be our 2nd and 3rd wins but I'd say there is only a 50/50 chance of winning them

Reactions: ssmill777
We will be lucky to win 3 games this year if we play like we did Saturday. The next 2 games should be our 2nd and 3rd wins but I'd say there is only a 50/50 chance of winning them
I actually agree, and will go so far as to say we will lose at least one. Barfnecht has us rated as the #13 team in the B1G. That's hard to swallow, even from him. The scary thing is - our AD thinks we're showing good progress??? Me thinks he is sweating a little job security right now. Maybe more than a little.

It probably will be a good game, but Rutgers' stats are misleading. Morgan State not only didn't score against RU, Morgan State hasn't scored a point all year, having played Towson (10-0 loss), SUNY-Albany (26-0 loss) and Rutgers (65-0 loss). Granted, RU's defense held the punchless Bears to 145 yards, nearly 200 yards fewer than SUNY-Albany's defense did, but . . . . wait. WTF? Am I writing a post comparing Nebraska to SUNY-Albany and Morgan State? NOOOOOO!!!!! :confused::(

Reactions: CC_Lemming
Morgan State is one of the worst teams playing football in ANY division of college football. For real. Rutgers also lost to Eastern Michigan. They are a bad team.If we do lose to them, I have no problem if the "big money" peeps start letting the hammer drop Sunday morning. I think we beat them somewhere around 27-10.

Reactions: 9and4
I actually agree, and will go so far as to say we will lose at least one. Barfnecht has us rated as the #13 team in the B1G. That's hard to swallow, even from him. The scary thing is - our AD thinks we're showing good progress??? Me thinks he is sweating a little job security right now. Maybe more than a little.

I honestly think that Eichorst gave Riley an extension because it gives him (Eickhorst) more job security. He knows we are still paying Bo's contract off, so extending Riley's contact will make it almost impossible to fire Riley, and vis a vis Eickhorst.

I honestly think that Eichorst gave Riley an extension because it gives him (Eickhorst) more job security. He knows we are still paying Bo's contract off, so extending Riley's contact will make it almost impossible to fire Riley, and vis a vis Eickhorst.

The athletic dept. has enough cash on hand right now to pay off Bo and any coach under contract. The reason they don't pay them off in one lump sum is if he gets a big time job then we only pay the unmet balance of what he is owed to what he would be getting with his new contract. This is standard operating procedure for Athletic departments.

Battle for the cellar so far in 2017 in the Big Ten. Rutgers is clearly #14 in B1G. It is a consensus pick. While Nebraska isn't a concensus #13, it is interesting Nebraska basically opens Big Ten vs. #14, then #13 in Big Ten.
And you love it, don't you.

The athletic dept. has enough cash on hand right now to pay off Bo and any coach under contract. The reason they don't pay them off in one lump sum is if he gets a big time job then we only pay the unmet balance of what he is owed to what he would be getting with his new contract. This is standard operating procedure for Athletic departments.

The point is...Eichorst and Riley are in essence a package deal. If Riley gets fired, Eichorst knows he is gone too, so he is going to do anything in his power to extend Riley's tenure. Extending Riley's contract means that the school will be on the hook to pay him more to get rid of him. That's ultimately more job security for Eichorst.

Battle for the cellar so far in 2017 in the Big Ten. Rutgers is clearly #14 in B1G. It is a consensus pick. While Nebraska isn't a concensus #13, it is interesting Nebraska basically opens Big Ten vs. #14, then #13 in Big Ten.

Don't be so sure about RU as the #14 consensus pick.

it is not a tough schedule. even the couple decent teams on the schedule are considered down this year.

This is not the Rutgers team of last year. A few kinks to work out with new players, but watch out. Rutgers will give Nebraska a very tough game as well as they will with some other B1G teams.

I guess I would ask who is better Arkansas State or Rutgers?
If you consider that Rutgers was playing Washington tight mid-late 3rd Quarter with the score 10-7 and Washington having scored via a punt return by its AllAmerican, I would say Rutgers by far is better than Arkansas State team. Washington is a Top 10 program, who went to the playoffs last year with a stud QB in Jake Browning. Browning took a huge hit on a sack during that game and Washington's all Pac-12 RB had less than 100 yds rushing. Beware, Rutgers is a lot better this year despite the record.

ADVERTISEMENT