ADVERTISEMENT

Rut Rohhh!

BS. It because the program sux right now and nothing more. If this were Nebraska of the 90s , 80s, 70s would these guys be leaving? Hell no....
3c7041a9-58ef-4b6a-9bb8-ba5f954687ee_text.gif

Says the nerdy fanboy who signed up here less than a year ago. Sorry buddy but as quick as he is the guy is very overrated on this board by uneducated fans like you. He's too small to be a consistent gamebreaker. I never said he wasn't good but him deciding to leave the current sh** show in Lincoln is not going to make or break this team (nor will it at any other school he lands). If someone wants to quit being a Husker then I don't want them anyways, you can go ahead and cry all you want though.
Pathetic

Disagree, he is used well and is very successful.

Yes 1 TD this year. Extreme success. He should be a heisman candidate next season along with that successful AM guy. Im kot so sure Frost would have expected him yo knly have 6 total TDs in 18 games when he recruited him. Unfortunately, his lack of success is not Wandale's fault. When he is the only threat that hurts his success.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Wandale is a successful guy on an unsuccessful team.

What does this mean? It means he is not successful enough to make a difference in the team's success, at least not on a consistent basis. Sometimes he does make a difference, but mostly he does not.

That's not a badge anyone wants to wear.

Also, as to the rumor thing of kids wanting to wear the #1 jersey.. that kind of stuff is so adolescent and self centered, players have to learn to let that go. If it's used as a recruiting tool, fine I guess, but it should only be for one year. Part of me would hesitate on a kid that is too hung up on such a thing. Of all the things that actually matter in football, your jersey number isn't one of them.

If Wandale leaves, I'm not going to worry about it, because he is not a consistent difference maker. It does reinforce that problems exist in the Frost locker room/offense side of the ball.

It took him 8 games to score his first TD of the year. And it wasn’t his fault.

I think as long as our offense is as bad as it is it’s impossible to use him well though. He’s an open field threat and if you don’t have other weapons he’s not going to see the open field.
Teams are keying on him big time. We want to get him in space but it's tough when there's always a crowd of defenders around you when the ball gets to you.

Another reason this would be so confusing. He has been a focal point and has put up good numbers here. To leave and go to Kentucky of all places???
From the moment he committed to NU, Robinson has had people in his "camp" pressuring him to leave. It's been a constant issue. Wandale is a legit good football player, but it's been a constant struggle for this staff to keep him happy. And by saying keeping him happy, I am placing all of the blame on the vocal jackass back in Kentucky who keeps feeding WR all of this negative crap.

Also, as to the rumor thing of kids wanting to wear the #1 jersey.. that kind of stuff is so adolescent and self centered, players have to learn to let that go. If it's used as a recruiting tool, fine I guess, but it should only be for one year. Part of me would hesitate on a kid that is too hung up on such a thing. Of all the things that actually matter in football, your jersey number isn't one of them.
Agreed. I think Frost and staff are still torn in that debate of compromising your standards to recruit solid kids and flaky kids with more upside. We've gone through it with the Florida kids-- they wow you with talent but the four of them didn't stay one year COMBINED. Wandale is certainly in that camp as well due to outside influences he has.

At this point, I guess I would rather bring in a high character three star than a four star who may be a jackass, but he's two inches taller or runs a 4.5 instead of a 4.6 or he's from Florida instead of Iowa, etc. What we've been doing with these skill kids has clearly not been working.

Yes 1 TD this year. Extreme success. He should be a heisman candidate next season along with that successful AM guy. Im kot so sure Frost would have expected him yo knly have 6 total TDs in 18 games when he recruited him. Unfortunately, his lack of success is not Wandale's fault. When he is the only threat that hurts his success.
He had two TD’s against Rutgers, so not sure how you think he only had one this year and that stat is not a great measure of success. He was 4th in the conference in receptions per game and averaged almost a 100 yards a game. The guy gets his touches on space, he was Top 25 in receptions per game and that doesn’t even include his rushing attempts, not sure what else you want for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Red I 73
Agreed. I think Frost and staff are still torn in that debate of compromising your standards to recruit solid kids and flaky kids with more upside. We've gone through it with the Florida kids-- they wow you with talent but the four of them didn't stay one year COMBINED. Wandale is certainly in that camp as well due to outside influences he has.

At this point, I guess I would rather bring in a high character three star than a four star who may be a jackass, but he's two inches taller or runs a 4.5 instead of a 4.6 or he's from Florida instead of Iowa, etc. What we've been doing with these skill kids has clearly not been working.

Well said. We have more defections that N. Korea.

I think Robinson has been featured and has been fine. He has gotten his touches in this offense. Everyone says he's a guy you want to get in space but in the redzone, space is limited. I think the reason why he hasn't scored more TD's is because he's not built to be a red zone guy. I think most of his TD's come from big plays and for whatever reason we didn't get that this year or last.

I hope he stays. He seems like a good locker guy. If he chooses to leave, then well like JD, it's next man up. It will be an opportunity for someone. Just adds to the unknowns.

To me I think they need to figure out why they didn't get big plays besides fixing turnovers and penalties. Is it lack of downfield blocking? A defense that is not stretched vertically? Talent? OL issues? QB Issues? Last year I thought it was because of perimeter blocking and not taking deep shots with a big WR. The blocking was slightly better this year I think but we still didn't have a consistent deep threat or take more shots. Not sure why not. Youth? Philosophy?

I don't know what to say. It's probably a little of everything and without being able to specifically point to something and say....this is the problem then I don't know whether to say we have huge issues or we are not far off. I guess I will go with the glass is half full.

People focusing on just the offense - touches - total yards etc are only looking at a small piece of the puzzle

many cultural - systemic reasons why W and others have left that are unique to Neb and this staff

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
Word was that Wandale was leaving and the staff got him to change his mind.
I've wondered if the staff's expertise in selling kids is actually a negative. if they have to sweet talk so many kids into coming here and staying here then that could be problematic. maybe they need to shift their focus to kids who WANT to be here and dont need the coaches superior selling skills to keep them here.

Will suck if we lose the kid, but I understand. I think we’ve lost several due to the pandemic. Lincoln isn’t too much fun in winter... too it off with a pandemic and I can see why kids would want to move back closer to home. Wish him the best if rumor is true.

I’m not positive he’s a starter on either team playing Monday night.

That’s tough to say as who knows how he would have developed under a real coaching staff over the last two years.

Of course, when you are rolling out guys who couldn’t even be OSU/Bama waterboys in your two deep potentially losing your best offensive player is a big deal.

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
I think Robinson has been featured and has been fine. He has gotten his touches in this offense. Everyone says he's a guy you want to get in space but in the redzone, space is limited. I think the reason why he hasn't scored more TD's is because he's not built to be a red zone guy. I think most of his TD's come from big plays and for whatever reason we didn't get that this year or last.

I hope he stays. He seems like a good locker guy. If he chooses to leave, then well like JD, it's next man up. It will be an opportunity for someone. Just adds to the unknowns.

To me I think they need to figure out why they didn't get big plays besides fixing turnovers and penalties. Is it lack of downfield blocking? A defense that is not stretched vertically? Talent? OL issues? QB Issues? Last year I thought it was because of perimeter blocking and not taking deep shots with a big WR. The blocking was slightly better this year I think but we still didn't have a consistent deep threat or take more shots. Not sure why not. Youth? Philosophy?

I don't know what to say. It's probably a little of everything and without being able to specifically point to something and say....this is the problem then I don't know whether to say we have huge issues or we are not far off. I guess I will go with the glass is half full.
Solid post. It is difficult to determine what the downfield passing problems are when we can only watch the games on TV. From some of the few times there is a camera shot downfield it appeared there were often guys open that were not thrown to. Sometimes it seemed the receivers were uncovered for not too long and were not thrown to. Sometimes the receivers were open for not too long and thrown to late. Sometimes the receivers were open all day and not thrown to. And sometimes they were flat out waving their arms with no one around them and not thrown to. In these cases sometimes the play started with a bad snap and sometimes the blocking wasn't great, but it seems most of the time it was QB decision making.

There is NOTHING wrong with Wandale's character

Solid post. It is difficult to determine what the downfield passing problems are when we can only watch the games on TV. From some of the few times there is a camera shot downfield it appeared there were often guys open that were not thrown to. Sometimes it seemed the receivers were uncovered for not too long and were not thrown to. Sometimes the receivers were open for not too long and thrown to late. Sometimes the receivers were open all day and not thrown to. And sometimes they were flat out waving their arms with no one around them and not thrown to. In these cases sometimes the play started with a bad snap and sometimes the blocking wasn't great, but it seems most of the time it was QB decision making.
This can be what happens when you are trying to make 1 guy happy and get the ball in his hands all the time. It is also a hindrance when you have to try and give the same guy goal line touches when he is too small. Wandale can go to Kentucky and he will make some plays im sure but we will be fine. Addition by subtraction may help this offense. I really liked wandale coming out of HS but I've been pretty disappointed despite his stats. He has a great burst but his top end speed isn't that great and he doesn't have the agility I thought he would. I like Rondale Moore a lot better honestly. There were several balls thrown to Wandale that could have been caught but his arms were to short to reach the ball. Imagine trying to throw the football over 6'5 and taller guys to throw it to a guy that is 5'6 at best, thats a heck of an angle for a qb. Scott F and RH could have done some things better but with all the drama from his recruitment and now this, he should go back home imo.

If I’m a kid in college during these weird times... I’d want to be close to my family too. There may be more in his decision than what Scott Frost’s performance influenced

I can't blame anyone for transferring but I will be super disappointed if Wan'Dale leaves. He's honestly the only player right now that I truly look forward to watching on a week to week basis. If he leaves, I honestly don't see how Frost survives 2021.

Reactions: bradjens
I can't blame anyone for transferring but I will be super disappointed if Wan'Dale leaves. He's honestly the only player right now that I truly look forward to watching on a week to week basis. If he leaves, I honestly don't see how Frost survives 2021.

Frost is going to have troubles in 2021 with or without Wandale...the schedule doesn’t change. Winking

Reactions: dinglefritz
It's time to fire Ron Brown! He is responsible for player development off the field. I was very unhappy when he was hired, He is way too conservative and out of touch with today's young men. The guy is very opinionated and just doesn't line up with the majority of skilled players we are recruiting. Just a terrible fit all around.
I don't know if the Wandale rumor is true, I certainly hope not but it is obvious we have a retention problem and that is this guys job!

family believes his numbers were severely limited by the inability of this staff to put a second collegiate level WR on the field to take some of the coverage heat off W

likewise pissed off the staff can't field a second string collegiate RB and playing W at RB - something they assured them wouldn't happen when he almost left last year

hopefully cooler heads will prevail
Wandale would be able to go anywhere he wants if he leaves. Being the focus of an
offense that has no identity is not helping his goal of making it to the NFL.

And...

When he’s on the field and at running back he’s getting the ball 90% of the time . That won’t work guys.

It's time to fire Ron Brown! He is responsible for player development off the field. I was very unhappy when he was hired, He is way too conservative and out of touch with today's young men. The guy is very opinionated and just doesn't line up with the majority of skilled players we are recruiting. Just a terrible fit all around.
I don't know if the Wandale rumor is true, I certainly hope not but it is obvious we have a retention problem and that is this guys job!
You mean a group of young men who grew up in a much more tolerant world don’t want to listen to a man who uses the university address to spread his intolerance? No way. I agree with this and as much as Ron Brown is a nice guy these players stand for equality of not only race, but sexuality, religion, and anything you can think of.

Reactions: I M HIPPY
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT