ADVERTISEMENT

Russell Wilson on the Move?

both surprising and interesting.

would look great in a Bears uni!

Another QB who's ink is barely dry on his last contract wants out.

If we are to helieve he is tired of getting his head kicked in, then the Bears make no sense. Makes you think there is more going on with the Seahawks situation than we know about.

If Wilson is going to force his way out, and he wants to win, then his list of teams doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Cowboys probably give him the best chance to win, but that isn't saying a whole lot.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Saints have the best roster with the best chance to win, but money would be a problem. They are about 260 million over the cap.
Bears should sell out for him, like the Mack deal.

I do not understand how the Saints can be in play unless they gut their roster to get under the cap?

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Danger-Russ is a top 5 QB in most people's eyes. Hard to believe Seattle would let him go, but they seem to be going through some changes there. Not sure what the deal is. Thought there was some scuttlebutt not too long ago about Pete The Cheat maybe wanting to leave...

To me, Russ has been the only redeeming quality of the Seahawks.

Last edited:
This is part of a concerted effort by players to exert NBA like control over the NFL. NFLPA calling for agent collusion. If allowed The NFL will be as unwatchable as the NBA.

Funny these guys had no issue with their respective teams when the owner was signing their payday. In the case of Wilson, was he offering his cut for line help? I doubt it.

He has a no trade clause but gave a list of 4 teams he would go to. Wants to stay in Seattle.

I know 3 of the 4 are the Saints, Bears and Raiders. I can’t remember who the fourth team was.

Salary albatross. Takes all of that cash and then complains that his team is lacking talent at other positions. F him. Same reason I’m cool with the Cowboys not giving 40 mil a year to Dak. I mean, the Zeke and Cooper contracts were bad enough. Ugh. Being a Cowboys fan is challenging.....even if this thread is about Russell. Whatever, gimme another scotch.

Salary albatross. Takes all of that cash and then complains that his team is lacking talent at other positions. F him. Same reason I’m cool with the Cowboys not giving 40 mil a year to Dak. I mean, the Zeke and Cooper contracts were bad enough. Ugh. Being a Cowboys fan is challenging.....even if this thread is about Russell. Whatever, gimme another scotch.
What he needs to do is say "I'll rework my contract to get us these guys". If he wants change he needs to leverage his contract and be willing to make less IMO. Brady did it for years in New England to try to get WRs and O linemen to sign with them.

What he needs to do is say "I'll rework my contract to get us these guys". If he wants change he needs to leverage his contract and be willing to make less IMO. Brady did it for years in New England to try to get WRs and O linemen to sign with them.

Agreed. Seems so counter intuitive for the QB's, or any player for that matter, state that they want the big contract so they feel secure and respected and don't have to worry about providing for their family.....then get said contract so large it eats up to much cap space to get other difference makers....then complain and want out a year later. Which has happened twice now recently. Wilson's situation doesn't bother me as much as Watson though as Wilson has brought a title and would have been two if Pete would not have gotten so cute with his play calling and he seems like a great guy overall...but I find myself feeling the exact opposite with Watson. He's comes off as a little bitch to me.

Agreed. Seems so counter intuitive for the QB's, or any player for that matter, state that they want the big contract so they feel secure and respected and don't have to worry about providing for their family.....then get said contract so large it eats up to much cap space to get other difference makers....then complain and want out a year later. Which has happened twice now recently. Wilson's situation doesn't bother me as much as Watson though as Wilson has brought a title and would have been two if Pete would not have gotten so cute with his play calling and he seems like a great guy overall...but I find myself feeling the exact opposite with Watson. He's comes off as a little bitch to me.
To be fair, I think Wilson's main frustration though is with the offense and play calling. The offense is what Wilson and Pete have butted heads about more so than personnel from what I've read and heard. Seattle is way too predictable on offense.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
To be fair, I think Wilson's main frustration though is with the offense and play calling. The offense is what Wilson and Pete have butted heads about more so than personnel from what I've read and heard. Seattle is way too predictable on offense.

Heard Wikson was on pace to be the most sacked QB in league history and that he holds onto the ball longer than anyone. Cannot help but wonder if a big time FA or two on the line could help there....and if Wilson could manage to just be average with the time he holds onto the ball they might be in a different place.

Reactions: dinglefritz
These guys think thr
Can we just stop with the absurd notion that NFL players need $100 million dollars to be able to provide for their families? If you made 5 million or 10 million dollars over the course of a career that's generational money right there.

And it is disingenuous of Russ to grab that big money and then turn into a whiny little b. You're a 1040 Russ, not the one writing the checks. Stay in your lane.

These guys think thr
Can we just stop with the absurd notion that NFL players need $100 million dollars to be able to provide for their families? If you made 5 million or 10 million dollars over the course of a career that's generational money right there.

And it is disingenuous of Russ to grab that big money and then turn into a whiny little b. You're a 1040 Russ, not the one writing the checks. Stay in your lane.

I agree. But in the immortal words of the great phlosopher Patrick Ewing...they make a lot of money but they spend a lot of money :)

But I agree with you on the 100mil thang, but with football players I give them a little slack compared to other sports due to the violent nature of the sport. We have seen many a football players limp forever after the age of 40. CTE issues. Suicides. Paralyzed, or severe injuries they never fully recover from, etc etc. So imma gonna give them a lot of slack in the money thang...just don't whine to hard when you're eating up all the cap and your team cannot afford a better left tackle or safety net (TE) and i'm good.

Bingo. Brady showed the way. But thats not the new empowerment movement. A player should get the contract, force a trade to wherever they want to play with whoever they want cause it’s no fun to make choices

Not happening at least this year’8
Seattle needs money to build the defense and get some road grades up front. Pete wants to run the ball and play defense. I love wilson but he is hot and cold. I would rather spend money on a killer dline and solid oline

Sh!t gets old. Fine if you want your $40 million/year, but then you need to understand that you are essentially untradeable and the team really can’t do much in free agency. Once the team misses on a few draft picks, you’re screwed, but you’ve got no one else to blame.

He has a no trade clause but gave a list of 4 teams he would go to. Wants to stay in Seattle.
Which is laughable if you think about it. If he "really wants to stay in Seattle," there is no list of possible destinations.

Ask your wife: "I'd really prefer to be loyal to you, honey ... but if I were to cheat, it's be with Kate, Cathy, Joan or Sue." See how that plays.

Reactions: jteten
ADVERTISEMENT