ADVERTISEMENT

Run D

Hopefully the run D will be more consistent with a new ILB

Honas - 3 solo tackles total on 80+ rushing attempts in minn/ill losses last year

Hopefully the run D will be more consistent with a new ILB

Honas - 3 solo tackles total on 80+ rushing attempts in minn/ill losses last year
This is what drives me nuts about Chins D. Teams spread us out a d we leave the middle wide open. All the back has to do is find that cut back lane, i.e. like Minnesota keeps doing to us or they run a drag or skinny post over the middle from the slot or WR and it is wide open

This is what drives me nuts about Chins D. Teams spread us out a d we leave the middle wide open. All the back has to do is find that cut back lane, i.e. like Minnesota keeps doing to us or they run a drag or skinny post over the middle from the slot or WR and it is wide open

I think the more warranted criticism for Chin applies to defending the RPO.

Nebraska's run D vs non RPO teams in 2020 was top 5 in the country.

Nebraska vs Penn State, Illinois, and Minnesota was embarrassing. 75% of their run yardage allowed came vs those teams. And they were almost exclusively RPO.

I think the more warranted criticism for Chin applies to defending the RPO.

Nebraska's run D vs non RPO teams in 2020 was top 5 in the country.

Nebraska vs Penn State, Illinois, and Minnesota was embarrassing. 75% of their run yardage allowed came vs those teams. And they were almost exclusively RPO.
Lining up in the I and handing off to the RB, which is what MN did over and over with great success, is RPO now?

What a football genius!

You don't even know what you're trying to argue. Just stop.

No team in college football runs RPO more than Minnesota.
Im talking specifically against NU, specifically on plays that won them the game.

Just lined up and handed it off right down our ‘remade front 7s’ throat.

Reactions: Vito Corleone
Im talking specifically against NU, specifically on plays that won them the game.

Just lined up and handed it off right down our ‘remade front 7s’ throat.

As am I.

I'm sure there is a middle school football board you can visit somewhere. That's where your expertise will fit.

As am I.

I'm sure there is a middle school football board you can visit somewhere. That's where your expertise will fit.
I think you need to rewatch the MN game.

Long td on 4th and 1 - power
Multiple late 3rd/4th down conversions - power
Final td of the game - power

Our ‘remade front 7’ couldn’t stop it once when it needed to.

Your only expertise seems to lie in the ability to blow smoke and type long lists. 🤡

I am well aware of what an RPO is and also an audible. They both essentially give the QB the option to run or pass. I personally don't care what a team uses, they both take advantage of misalignments or mismatches.

It is all predicated on how the D lines up and we consistently give away huge gains on 3rd when they spread us out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT