ADVERTISEMENT

rumor: Lance Leipold has agreed to become head coach

So he traveled from Waco back to Lawrence on Saturday night but took an early flight out on Sunday to meet with Trev… Oh Ok
he's far too old to handle that

I also worry about his frailty. it's probably been 25 years since somebody told him to f off, which will (and should) happen hundreds of times a day as soon as he loses a game here.

being the head coach at kansas in no way qualifies someone to be the head coach at Nebraska

• Haha
Reactions: huntered
i love the “look at what he did at KU”… what has he done? He’s 5-3 and they very well Could not win another game… what a panty dropper

quick, how good is he at recruiting?
Recruiting seems fine to me. He's been able to recruit decent to good qb's and rb's where he's been and his receivers look impressive this year.

LOL, the dead give away that this is FAKE is claiming a flight tracker indicating he flew to Lincoln. The next coach is NOT going to fly to Lincoln because everyone knows that would be a dead giveaway. Reporters have that all staked out. Whoever the next coach is will be secretly flying to neutral 3rd city to meet Trev. Likely the city where the search firm is located but not necessarily.
follow the trev

he's far too old to handle that

I also worry about his frailty. it's probably been 25 years since somebody told him to f off, which will (and should) happen hundreds of times a day as soon as he loses a game here.

being the head coach at kansas in no way qualifies someone to be the head coach at Nebraska
Rolling my eyes after reading this.

being a head coach that has never had strong defenses and puts all his emphasis on offense has no place in the B1G. that is what is his biggest issue. that doesn’t work in the B1G. Have you been paying attention?

Yes he’s a tad older. I’m sorry that probably strikes a cord in you personally and is a drive for why you want LL for your own personal shit. but dam just accept your age and get over it.

I can’t look at the lack of defense his teams have had. I can’t look past his awful record. I can’t look past his awful recruiting. He calls a good offense. Great. Does he want a dam coordinator job?

And if you aren’t willing to defend his cons for being coach, I don’t think you really have a dam thing to say here

Last edited:
Reactions: thall_ and huntered
Rolling my eyes after reading this.

being a head coach that has never had strong defenses and puts all his emphasis on offense has no place in the B1G. that is what is his biggest issue. that doesn’t work in the B1G. Have you been paying attention?

Yes he’s a tad older. I’m sorry that probably strikes a cord in you personally and is a drive for why you want LL for your own personal shit. but dam just accept your age and get over it.

I can’t look at the lack of defense his teams have had. I can’t look past his awful record. I can’t look past his awful recruiting. He calls a good offense. Great. Does he want a dam coordinator job?

And if you aren’t willing to defend his cons for being coach, I don’t think you really have a dam thing to say here
What?

this doesn’t really make any sense

I don’t want LL anywhere close to this program, partly because he’s old but mostly because he’s as small-time as it gets in every single way

also - the team with the best offense, that focuses the most on offense, wins the big ten every single year.

The “defensive league” thing is something loser B1G fans say instead of just admitting the conference can’t produce a better QB than kirk cousins

Exactly.....which is why I find it hard to believe anyone has been signed already.
Maybe someone has been signed and maybe not. However if someone has, it is going to be someone with head coaching experience at a major program, we won't be gambling on someone who is unproven.

Reactions: Huskerpro
What?

I don’t want LL anywhere close to this program, partly because he’s old but mostly because he’s as small-time as it gets in every single way

also - the team with the best offense, that focuses the most on offense, wins the big ten every single year.

The “defensive league” thing is something loser B1G fans say instead of just admitting the conference can’t produce a better QB than kirk cousins
Yahtzee’s posts seldom make any sense.

Reactions: king_kong_
What?

Glad we agree on LL.

Disagree that defense doesn’t win in the B1G especially in the west. Look at the current leader in the west and look at least the last 4 teams to win the west. Granted I want more offense then Illinois 22, Iowa 21, NW 2, etc. But it is very much a defensive league. history shows this. Reinventing the wheel is what killed us with Scott. We going to make that mistake again?

also Vikings are 6-1 so not sure Cousins reference is a knock. Also think the GOAT played in the B1G. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: BleedRed78

I am indifferent to LL but this quote made me wonder on your rationality.

Cousins is 8th in wins amongst active QB's in the NFL. 5th highest career qb rating, 7th most TDs. The B1G has 3 of the top 8 qb's, more than any other conference(same for top 10). #1(Brady) and #4(Wilson). B1G produced the most successful QB of all time.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I am indifferent to LL but this quote made me wonder on your rationality.

Cousins is 8th in wins amongst active QB's in the NFL. 5th highest career qb rating, 7th most TDs. The B1G has 3 of the top 8 qb's, more than any other conference(same for top 10). #1(Brady) and #4(Wilson). B1G produced the most successful QB of all time.
Brady’s coach was such a dipshit he didn’t even start

Wilson was a 1 and done finished product in B1G

best qb the B1G has produced in 20 years is Kirk cousins

Pretty sad isn't it? I'm a Vikings fan...... Technically I guess Joe Burrow was a B1G QB. He can't help it that Urban was an idiot.

Reactions: king_kong_

Brady wasn't very good, but he did start both his Jr. and Sr. year.

rumor circulating on reddit that LL flew to Lincoln this weekend to sign with Nebraska, won't be announced for another month.

flight-tracker:

I'd say there's a 25% chance this is true, but interesting nonetheless.
Thanks for the post, but LL did not Fly to Nebraska. Let’s all Get Real. If it was true that he’s taking the job, there’s Absolutely no reason for him to come to Lincoln to sign a contract.

He already knows what things look like on Campus. And the last thing either He or Nebraska would dare let happen is for him to be seen in Lincoln.

So let’s all use just a little Logic and Common Sense when we evaluate each “Rumor as Fact”.

98.6% of them are False. And although maybe fun to talk about, deep down most of us already knew that.

Last edited:
Thats for the post, but LL did not Fly to Nebraska. Let’s all Get Real. If it were to be true that he’s taking the job, there’s Absolutely be no reason for him to come to Lincoln to sign a contract.

He already knows what things look like on Campus. And the last thing either He or Nebraska would dare let happen is for him to be seen in Lincoln.

So let’s all use just a little Logic and Common Sense when we evaluate each “Rumor as Fact”.
Thall lacks familiarity with the truth and reasoning. Please forgive him.

Reactions: TrueBigRedFan
Reactions: thall_
No way Leipold could sign a contract with Nebraska while still under contract with Kansas. The only way communication could take place would be through Leipolds agent and even then it would not require a flight to Nebraska.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT