ADVERTISEMENT

rumor: Lance Leipold has agreed to become head coach

dog walk GIF by lilcozynostril

First problem with this latest rumor is that the originating flight was FROM Lincoln and arrived in Lawrence on Sunday and returned Monday. Seems backwards to me for a weekend visit but we’re just throwing out facts.

Second, Frost was flown all over the place on a jet. Smilin Mike Riley was brought in on a jet. So LL gets the use of a single prop dairy cart?

Gonna call it a Reddit Dipshit Rumor on this one.

Wasn’t there the same rumor on Aranda? And Mickey?
don't think there was a flight tracker to backup the claim. and the dude with the mickey "rumor" is an idiot making the laziest possible prediction.
Mike Riley 2.0
I understand that sentiment. difference is, Riley's predecessor had Oregon State performing pretty well (dominated Notre Dame in the 2001 Fiesta Bowl).

in fact, Oregon State had more wins the year before Riley's arrival than Kansas did in 4 years before Leipold took over.

then you have their respective winning %'s, with Riley at 0.530 and LL at 0.746. I understand that may not be the best metric considering how much time LL spent in Division 3. again, I would point to the fact that LL left every spot better than he found it, which I don't believe Riley can say of any of his stops.

Reactions: headcard
don't think there was a flight tracker to backup the claim. and the dude with the mickey "rumor" is an idiot making the laziest possible prediction.

I understand that sentiment. difference is, Riley's predecessor had Oregon State performing pretty well (dominated Notre Dame in the 2001 Fiesta Bowl).

in fact, Oregon State had more wins the year before Riley's arrival than Kansas did in 4 years before Leipold took over.

then you have their respective winning %'s, with Riley at 0.530 and LL at 0.746. I understand that may not be the best metric considering how much time LL spent in Division 3. again, I would point to the fact that LL left every spot better than he found it, which I don't believe Riley can say of any of his stops.
What does Dennis Erickson have to do in this discussion?

A dude that is
I could believe all of this with the exception that LL flew to Lincoln. I didn't think coaches with current positions really did that in-season? Wouldn't they just meet at the McDonalds in Seneca, KS or something?
I’m sure he’d have to get permission from KU to meet about a job and I’m sure they’d say no.

Lance Leipold​

Career Record: 8 Years, 44-46, .489 Win% (at major schools)
remove the 2 years it took to rebuild Buffalo and the 1 year it took for Kansas and that becomes 0.648

I realize that's a fabricated metric, but when we're talking about taking over dumpster fires, you should pay more attention to the end of their tenure than the beginning.

What does Dennis Erickson have to do in this discussion?
in my discussion?

well its pretty clear if you read what I said. Riley took over a better situation at Oregon State, thanks to Dennis Erickson, than Leipold did at Kansas. If Les Miles had Kansas in the Fiesta Bowl a few years before Leipold took over I wouldn't be impressed with Leipold either.
First problem with this latest rumor is that the originating flight was FROM Lincoln and arrived in Lawrence on Sunday and returned Monday. Seems backwards to me for a weekend visit but we’re just throwing out facts.

Second, Frost was flown all over the place on a jet. Smilin Mike Riley was brought in on a jet. So LL gets the use of a single prop dairy cart?

Gonna call it a Reddit Dipshit Rumor on this one.
that's a very fair criticism.

if I recall however, wasn't the deal with Frost made by Moos in Philadelphia the weekend that UCF was playing @ Temple? so it wouldn't seem unprecedented for the AD to travel to the coach given past history.

did a little digging on the airline, Kenosha Air, LLC. Appears to be run by a Nebraska alum named Rick Damkroger who is both a huge Husker fan and currently on the Board for the Nebraska Fellowship of Student Athletes.

I realize this is approaching tinfoil hat levels, just throwing out some additional facts.

Reactions: headcard
would be very Nebraska in the 2000s hire

this stooge will be in an old folks home by 2030

if blockhead trev, like so many sad and pathetic others, fell for a shitty program's fools' gold start, I will be extremely publicly critical via this website so help me god

ku have won their last game in 2022

Mickey's 14-13 win @ Rutgers is better than any win this old guy has in his career

would be very Nebraska in the 2000s hire

this stooge will be in an old folks home by 2030
well if you consider that TA was very high on the idea of Nebraska poaching Kirk Ferentz in the 2000s, that wouldn't surprise me.

LL is younger than Whittingham & Saban, neither of whom appear to be slowing down.
Mickey's 14-13 win @ Rutgers is better than any win this old guy has in his career
idk about that. I imagine 2021 Texas and 2022 Iowa State would be able to squeak by a Rutgers team missing their two starting WR's. still thrilled MJ got the win and it felt like a major positive, but they're not exactly a titan.

ironically, Leipold wiped the floor with Rutgers 42-13 while at Buffalo in 2018.

well if you consider that TA was very high on the idea of Nebraska poaching Kirk Ferentz in the 2000s, that wouldn't surprise me.

LL is younger than Whittingham & Saban, neither of whom appear to be slowing down.

idk about that. I imagine 2021 Texas and 2022 Iowa State would be able to squeak by a Rutgers team missing their two starting WR's. still thrilled MJ got the win and it felt like a major positive, but they're not exactly a titan.

ironically, Leipold wiped the floor with Rutgers 42-13 while at Buffalo in 2018.
if Leipold gets the NU job, who do you think will take over as Mayor of Snoozeville?

perhaps he'll moonlight

Is anyone keeping score on the "rumor" mill prognostication? Is there a prize for guessing right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT