ADVERTISEMENT

*Rumor* Big 10 reconsidering season

salsa red

Junior
Dec 25, 2019
https://www.mgoblog.com/mgoboard/fall-season-not-dead-yet

This could all be BS but I think there is a lot of fighting going on behind closed doors. I'd love to see smug & clueless Warren go back out and say they are attempting a college football season. If players are threatening to leave and parents are threatening lawsuits I could see them giving in.

The Big 10 conference is reconsidering possibly having a football season this year, in response to worries of players bolting to other conferences or to the NFL, per source.

— Sir Yacht (@SirYacht) August 15, 2020
This is in response to Ohio State putting pressure on the B1G saying they would join the SEC this year as well. Nebraska is threatening to join the ACC for good also. So there is an emergency meeting today in to try and prevent this.

Source: B1G officials just met. Ohio State, Nebraska, Iowa and Michigan are set on playing this fall. Illinois and Northwestern are only schools that are not thinking about playing.

If Big Ten doesn’t have football, teams will be allowed to join other leagues.

Main reason for the call btw was that Ohio State and Nebraska will play elsewhere if the B1G does not have a season

— Sir Yacht (@SirYacht) August 16, 2020
Purdue is moving forward as if they are playing a fall season, per source.

B1G commissioner Kevin Warren scrapped the idea of Big Ten teams playing in the ACC and the Big 12, per source.

Warren is working with B1G presidents to reverse his original idea and see if they are able to have a conference season this fall.

What I know about B1G and college football as of now:

-Some Big Ten teams are threatening to go play in the ACC and Big 12 if there is no conference season

-Commissioner Warren thus is trying to have a Big Ten season to prevent this as well as legal action from players' parents

— Sir Yacht (@SirYacht) August 17, 2020
The teams that are the most vocal are Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska, and Iowa.

Everybody from the presidents, the athletic directors, to the parents and players, are pissed with how Commissioner Kevin Warren has handled this.

The talks are real. The B1G wants to have a season. It might not happen, but they are doing everything they can to have a season so teams like Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska and Iowa don’t leave.

For people that think i'm lying or backtracking, I am not.

The B1G is trying to have a football season now. Everybody wants to and Commissioner Warren realizes he messed up. Several teams are pushing to play in the ACC and Big 12 this year if the Big Ten does not have a season

Big Ten Commissioner Kevin Warren is “hoping to God” the other conferences cancel their college football seasons, otherwise he’s going to have to let the B1G play, per source.

Things are getting really ugly behind the scenes.

In a shocking turn of events, unless there is a drastic outbreak of cases in the next few days, the B1G will resume their college football season this fall, per source.

Expect an announcement later this week that the Big Ten will be playing again.

And now this

An attorney I respect who long worked inside college football programs predicts that the pressure from parents, players and some schools will result in Big Ten reconsidering its cancellation of fall sports. COVID-19 might force re-cancellation but expects a second chance. 1/

— Bill Rabinowitz (@brdispatch) August 18, 2020
I don’t have a clue who Mr Yacht is here but... I think the “Pluck the schools from the leagues that ain’t playing” thing MIGHT HAVE SOME LEGS AGAIN https://t.co/4yyF7VyHHf

— Pat McAfee (@PatMcAfeeShow) August 15, 2020

Reactions: huskerfan66
While I can believe there is a lot of behind the scenes activity happening; I cannot believe that the schools are threatening to leave the Big Ten. Statements like that call into question the veracity of the info.

Perhaps those schools are threatening to play ACC or Big 12 schools this fall, and that was misread as “leaving the Big Ten”.

While I can believe there is a lot of behind the scenes activity happening; I cannot believe that the schools are threatening to leave the Big Ten. Statements like that call into question the veracity of the info.

Perhaps those schools are threatening to play ACC or Big 12 schools this fall, and that was misread as “leaving the Big Ten”.
Easily could be a bluff... is Kevin Warren gonna risk the demise of the conference if he calls Ohio State’s bluff? I doubt it...

I don't doubt at all that some schools want to play but any B1G schools threatening to leave the conference is laughable. It totally undercuts the credibility of the rumor monger.

Now with all adverse reaction, the B1G could decide to allow teams to play at the schools discretion BUT if they are going to do that they better do it real soon.

Reactions: ssmill777
https://www.mgoblog.com/mgoboard/fall-season-not-dead-yet

This could all be BS but I think there is a lot of fighting going on behind closed doors. I'd love to see smug & clueless Warren go back out and say they are attempting a college football season. If players are threatening to leave and parents are threatening lawsuits I could see them giving in.

The Big 10 conference is reconsidering possibly having a football season this year, in response to worries of players bolting to other conferences or to the NFL, per source.

This is in response to Ohio State putting pressure on the B1G saying they would join the SEC this year as well. Nebraska is threatening to join the ACC for good also. So there is an emergency meeting today in to try and prevent this.

Source: B1G officials just met. Ohio State, Nebraska, Iowa and Michigan are set on playing this fall. Illinois and Northwestern are only schools that are not thinking about playing.

If Big Ten doesn’t have football, teams will be allowed to join other leagues.

Main reason for the call btw was that Ohio State and Nebraska will play elsewhere if the B1G does not have a season

Purdue is moving forward as if they are playing a fall season, per source.

B1G commissioner Kevin Warren scrapped the idea of Big Ten teams playing in the ACC and the Big 12, per source.

Warren is working with B1G presidents to reverse his original idea and see if they are able to have a conference season this fall.

What I know about B1G and college football as of now:

-Some Big Ten teams are threatening to go play in the ACC and Big 12 if there is no conference season

-Commissioner Warren thus is trying to have a Big Ten season to prevent this as well as legal action from players' parents

The teams that are the most vocal are Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska, and Iowa.

Everybody from the presidents, the athletic directors, to the parents and players, are pissed with how Commissioner Kevin Warren has handled this.

The talks are real. The B1G wants to have a season. It might not happen, but they are doing everything they can to have a season so teams like Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska and Iowa don’t leave.

For people that think i'm lying or backtracking, I am not.

The B1G is trying to have a football season now. Everybody wants to and Commissioner Warren realizes he messed up. Several teams are pushing to play in the ACC and Big 12 this year if the Big Ten does not have a season

Big Ten Commissioner Kevin Warren is “hoping to God” the other conferences cancel their college football seasons, otherwise he’s going to have to let the B1G play, per source.

Things are getting really ugly behind the scenes.

In a shocking turn of events, unless there is a drastic outbreak of cases in the next few days, the B1G will resume their college football season this fall, per source.

Expect an announcement later this week that the Big Ten will be playing again.

And now this

An attorney I respect who long worked inside college football programs predicts that the pressure from parents, players and some schools will result in Big Ten reconsidering its cancellation of fall sports. COVID-19 might force re-cancellation but expects a second chance. 1/

— Bill Rabinowitz (@brdispatch) August 18, 2020
I don’t have a clue who Mr Yacht is here but... I think the “Pluck the schools from the leagues that ain’t playing” thing MIGHT HAVE SOME LEGS AGAIN https://t.co/4yyF7VyHHf

— Pat McAfee (@PatMcAfeeShow) August 15, 2020
Warren canceling the season was clearly political. There is and was no hard evidence to back up that football players are any more at risk playing football than going to classes, or bars, anything. I don't think he predicted the kind of backlash he is getting from everyone. I honestly think he assumed it would just be accepted. People are tired of the BS and playing political games. His decision affects millions of people and costs millions of dollars. People aren't just going to sit down and shut up.
If he would have just chilled and pushed the season back till end up Sept like the other conferences he would be in a much better spot. Instead he wanted to be the "cool kid" and be the first one across the finish line. Except what he thought was the finish line was just the half way point. Now he is stuck in a horrible spot. He either goes back on his decision and looks like a weak leader. Or he doesn't and risks law suits, backlash, and potentially teams leaving the BIG10. Either way I would be shocked if he is not fired in the very near future.
I think his best option is to come out and say they are sticking with the decision to cancel the BIG10 season. But teams who wish to play are released from any BIG10 contracts and may go independent for the year and are free to create their own schedule however they see fit. This way he isn't really going back on his decision, he isn't forcing the schools who don't want to play, to play and he is letting the schools who do, have options.

This guys is doubling down on his statements, supposedly being interviewed by NE radio station today. He'll either be famous for a correct prediction or infamous for being the ultimate troll.

·1h
Hey clown. Have a scheduled interview with your radio station in Nebraska this evening. Might cancel it now if you guys are interviewing somebody that is "nothing"
Quote Tweet
Mz4qhkMG_normal.jpg

Connor Happer
@ConnorHapper
· 19h
SirYacht is nothing SirYacht is nothing SirYacht is nothing SirYacht is SirYacht is nothing SirYacht is nothing SirYacht is nothing SirYacht is
@SirYacht
·
1h
For people that are new here, I make sports rants all the time, and a bunch of other video content. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for following me, and I promise I will not let you down
@SirYacht
·
2h
This is not a troll job I promise. I am not a reporter and am trying to get better at this. A lot of information being thrown my way and difficult to decipher at times.
·
2h
"[Warren] could not have handled this situation more poorly," source said.
@SirYacht
·
2h
Correction: the B1G is aiming to start October 2nd and 3rd. Previous deleted tweet mistakenly said weekend of September 11th. My apologies.

What could be more persuasive then "If you think I'm lying, I'm not." ??? Wow, sorry I doubted you.

Reactions: WHCSC
people here scoffed at the idea originally, that then turned out to be true...

I absolutely believe there are still undercurrents going on behind closed doors.

Edit, found this twitter Meme.. not sure if anyone posted it, but thought it was funny.

Last edited:
This guys is doubling down on his statements, supposedly being interviewed by NE radio station today. He'll either be famous for a correct prediction or infamous for being the ultimate troll.

·1h
Hey clown. Have a scheduled interview with your radio station in Nebraska this evening. Might cancel it now if you guys are interviewing somebody that is "nothing"
Quote Tweet
Mz4qhkMG_normal.jpg

Connor Happer
@ConnorHapper
· 19h
SirYacht is nothing SirYacht is nothing SirYacht is nothing SirYacht is SirYacht is nothing SirYacht is nothing SirYacht is nothing SirYacht is
@SirYacht
·
1h
For people that are new here, I make sports rants all the time, and a bunch of other video content. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for following me, and I promise I will not let you down
@SirYacht
·
2h
This is not a troll job I promise. I am not a reporter and am trying to get better at this. A lot of information being thrown my way and difficult to decipher at times.
·
2h
"[Warren] could not have handled this situation more poorly," source said.
@SirYacht
·
2h
Correction: the B1G is aiming to start October 2nd and 3rd. Previous deleted tweet mistakenly said weekend of September 11th. My apologies.
If he’s right, he will deserve to be called Sir.

Reactions: timnsun
Seems like there is momentum to restarting the season. Perhaps a January kick. My question is why January and not October? Seems ridiculous. You'd have to play in domes for all games. Warren is total buffoon.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/spor...otball-season-could-begin-january/5602516002/
Dumbest idea ever and its nothing more than damage control. Do they have some reason based on "science" that leads them to believe that January will be safe but September is dangerous? I'm sure by then that cases will be down, right in the middle of flu season.

Fake News - People’s lives are at stake here they will not reconsider.

Not sure who you are or if you're even a real HUSKER FAN. There are too many fans from all the BIG Teams that are not just going to accept the commissioner's decide and move on and hope there is a spring football season. Football is played in the fall and we will be playing this fall whether it's a BIG Conference schedule or as independent or part of another conference. There is no way Ohio State and Michigan are just going to accept it and not play. If those 2 Teams along with Nebraska and Iowa and some others do defect, the BIG will be in some big trouble more so than they are right now. So Commissioner Warren better get off his high horse and uncancel the fall football season and soon.

GO BIG RED!!!

Reactions: bshirt73
Not sure who you are or if you're even a real HUSKER FAN. There are too many fans from all the BIG Teams that are not just going to accept the commissioner's decide and move on and hope there is a spring football season. Football is played in the fall and we will be playing this fall whether it's a BIG Conference schedule or as independent or part of another conference. There is no way Ohio State and Michigan are just going to accept it and not play. If those 2 Teams along with Nebraska and Iowa and some others do defect, the BIG will be in some big trouble more so than they are right now. So Commissioner Warren better get off his high horse and uncancel the fall football season and soon.

GO BIG RED!!!
Rick "dick" chick is an Iowa douche flute who lives on our board.

Has Kevin Warren, or anyone from the B1G office, refuted any of these rumors? It seems to me that if this is all false, why wouldn’t Warren come out and say there’s no truth to the rumors out there. Wouldn’t you want to get out in front rather than continue to see this grow legs?

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Has Kevin Warren, or anyone from the B1G office, refuted any of these rumors? It seems to me that if this is all false, why wouldn’t Warren come out and say there’s no truth to the rumors out there. Wouldn’t you want to get out in front rather than continue to see this grow legs?

This is a good point, I know these dorks love to pretend that they don't read/hear social media stuff but not only do they read/hear about it but more than likely they have some whose job it is to keep an eye on a lot of that shit.

So, come out and say...

1. There is not going to be a season.
2. There will not be a fall or spring season.
3. This situation is way more fluid than we thought and we are now exploring all avenues. Every Monday I will field 5 questions from each Big Ten teams media, which might not seem like a lot but when you add it up that is 70 questions each Monday until we figure out what we can do.

Reactions: timnsun
Because Kevin Warren has already proved to be a very poor communicator! Wrong man for a job that requires being a good communicator IMO. The total silence from him is deafening. Whatever he's planning to do, either staying the cancellation course or reversing it, he should be telling people what that is and getting ahead of all the chatter.

Dumbest idea ever and its nothing more than damage control. Do they have some reason based on "science" that leads them to believe that January will be safe but September is dangerous? I'm sure by then that cases will be down, right in the middle of flu season.
Maybe the B1G finally wised up and got all of their players signed up for a vaccine trial....:confused:

Reactions: Crazyhole
If they do start it back up, they really should play as soon as possible. It seems a certainty that it will only get worse in the winter months.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT