ADVERTISEMENT

Rozier - Fryar Story

HuskerJack95

Senior
Oct 10, 2007
Omaha
From the Big Red Brunch yesterday.

Fryar’s favorite story of his close friend involved a brief Rozier injury on the field.

“The stadium got quiet — everybody was on pins and needles — and I run over to him,” Fryar said. “‘You all right?’ Now the trainers are out. Mike’s laying down on the ground. ‘Mike, you all right, what’s going on, what wrong?’”

Rozier rolled over.

Yeah, I’m all right. How’s the crowd taking it?

“I’m not lying — I’m literally telling you the truth,” Fryar said. “How’s the crowd taking it!”

Season 10 Story GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

The one thing I gathered from this post is Mike Rozier is revered as legend here at Nebraska. He won a Heisman, was a very tough runner in the NFL, and has excellent taste in suits. The argument for Irving Fryar is he was a All American and played much longer in the NFL. Still the overall sentiment among Husker fans would be his last game. The non-catch. That was pretty shady and nobody can tell me different. That is why Rozier is getting all the defense and Fryar is getting crickets on this post.

The one thing I gathered from this post is Mike Rozier is revered as legend here at Nebraska. He won a Heisman, was a very tough runner in the NFL, and has excellent taste in suits. The argument for Irving Fryar is he was a All American and played much longer in the NFL. Still the overall sentiment among Husker fans would be his last game. The non-catch. That was pretty shady and nobody can tell me different. That is why Rozier is getting all the defense and Fryar is getting crickets on this post.
Or it’s because he called Rozier a bust (incorrect) and said Fryar was in jail (true up until ~7 months ago)

What reason is there to defend Fryar in the context of what was posted? No shade was thrown at his on-field status as an all-timer

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT