ADVERTISEMENT

Royals

Playing great baseball. Journeymen staff getting it done, and they always get great ABs. Best team in baseball right now.

Everyone I discuss baseball with thought I was nuts for supporting the Royals on the Wil Myers trade. But as I said at the time - Myers was the only real currency the Royals had, and this was a franchise that needed to show it was serious about getting better. I know Shields has moved on, but his time in KC was worth more to them than his stats will ever show, and Wade Davis was obviously a huge addition.

Meanwhile Myers appears to be a very good player - but Joe DiMaggio, he ain't.

Everyone I discuss baseball with thought I was nuts for supporting the Royals on the Wil Myers trade. But as I said at the time - Myers was the only real currency the Royals had, and this was a franchise that needed to show it was serious about getting better. I know Shields has moved on, but his time in KC was worth more to them than his stats will ever show, and Wade Davis was obviously a huge addition.

Meanwhile Myers appears to be a very good player - but Joe DiMaggio, he ain't.
The resident baseball trade expert (same guy that claimed Smardzialaina would win a bunch of Cy Youngs) was so sure that was a terrible trade. Royals got 2 years of Shields, and one of the most dominant relievers the game has ever seen in Wade Davis. Pretty soon people will have to start calling it the "Wade Davis" trade.

Dayton Moore has made some great moves. Morales has been huge for the Royals. Something they haven't had in a few yrs. A DH that can drive in runs. Madsen and Chris Young, didn't see them even making the 40 man roster, and they have both been key plugs for the Royals. HELL even Frasor, is big in the bullpen. They have been fun to watch. Go Royals

The resident baseball trade expert (same guy that claimed Smardzialaina would win a bunch of Cy Youngs) was so sure that was a terrible trade. Royals got 2 years of Shields, and one of the most dominant relievers the game has ever seen in Wade Davis. Pretty soon people will have to start calling it the "Wade Davis" trade.

Just curious...

Who is the "resident baseball trade expert?"

I don't recall one here.

Dayton Moore has made some great moves. Morales has been huge for the Royals. Something they haven't had in a few yrs. A DH that can drive in runs. Madsen and Chris Young, didn't see them even making the 40 man roster, and they have both been key plugs for the Royals. HELL even Frasor, is big in the bullpen. They have been fun to watch. Go Royals

The Madson signing was almost dumb luck. But the additions of Chris Young, Morales, and Rios were strangely mocked and oddly easy.

Young, who did have an injury history, was 13-7 by mid August last season for the Mariners. He even had an ERA under 3. He clearly ran out of gas and struggled in September. But its almost laughable that no team in MLB would even offer him a Minor League deal. Its almost like Dayton Moore walked into a bar at closing time and was surrounded by 20 other dudes looking to find some strange. At the same time, a drunken 7 was standing there and taking her top off. But none of the other dudes were looking art her. Moore took her hand and said "come with me."

Kendrys Morales had been a terrific DH for multiple seasons. He had been so good that he basically priced himself out of the league prior to 2014. He demanded too much money, and the team that would sign him, would lose a 1st round draft pick.

So, once the statute of draft pick limitations was up, the Twins signed him. However, because of service time, the Twins could not send him on a minor league assignment Rio get his timing. So the dude was basically playing Spring Training ball in the middle of July. After the trade to Seattle, he was able to start driving the ball again.

His 9 million dollar salary is the biggest bargain in baseball.

The Madson signing was almost dumb luck. But the additions of Chris Young, Morales, and Rios were strangely mocked and oddly easy.

Young, who did have an injury history, was 13-7 by mid August last season for the Mariners. He even had an ERA under 3. He clearly ran out of gas and struggled in September. But its almost laughable that no team in MLB would even offer him a Minor League deal. Its almost like Dayton Moore walked into a bar at closing time and was surrounded by 20 other dudes looking to find some strange. At the same time, a drunken 7 was standing there and taking her top off. But none of the other dudes were looking art her. Moore took her hand and said "come with me."

Kendrys Morales had been a terrific DH for multiple seasons. He had been so good that he basically priced himself out of the league prior to 2014. He demanded too much money, and the team that would sign him, would lose a 1st round draft pick.

So, once the statute of draft pick limitations was up, the Twins signed him. However, because of service time, the Twins could not send him on a minor league assignment Rio get his timing. So the dude was basically playing Spring Training ball in the middle of July. After the trade to Seattle, he was able to start driving the ball again.

His 9 million dollar salary is the biggest bargain in baseball.
Everything is on the nose here, except the last sentence. The most team-friendly contract in all of pro sports is that of Sal Perez.

Royals fans sure have inflated heads this year. Not just on this board either.

When you have the best record in the league, run differential in the majors, and lead the league in just about every category, I would argue that sense of worth is more than warranted.

I wasn't in favor of trading Meyers but I do like and trust our GM.

I've always been a METS fan but I have to admit that watching the Royals these past couple years brings a smile to my face. Freddy Patek and Frank White would be proud.

I've always been a METS fan but I have to admit that watching the Royals these past couple years brings a smile to my face. Freddy Patek and Frank White would be proud.

well at least you didn`t say grote, kranepool and mcgraw. you old fart :D

Reactions: sparky62
well at least you didn`t say grote, kranepool and mcgraw. you old fart :D
WOW those names bring back memories. Seaver, Matlack, Koosman. 3 great arms. :) Tom Terrific is still my favorite.BTW, who the hell are you calling old. Pot meet kettle. Winking

What a difference 9 months make. Royal fans were ready to bounce him last year.

Ned is what he is. He will never be a great technical manager. His bullpen moves drove Royals fans crazy until Herrera/Davis/Holland emerged and made managing the bullpen so easy a complete idiot could do it. But what he is, is a manager the team rallies behind. The culture in the clubhouse is what it is because of him. It wouldn't work with a less talented players, but it works good with the current team. As long as you see Ned for what he is, he is very easy to root for.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT