ADVERTISEMENT

Round ballers droped another one....

I haven’t seen enough bad plays on defense from Thor to justify him never playin until the past couple of games. If Tim Miles doesn’t want to coach offense, he needs a guy like Thor out there. The dude creates so well on offense and everyone else just jacks up terrible shots. Miles must prefer that. Get him the hell out of here man.

Reactions: scarletred
Thor has been open from 3 on the last 10 possessions and they wont give him a shot
Have you watched him shoot. Man it's ugly. Even in warm ups its ugly. Guess it couldn't be any worse than what Watson's been for the past few weeks. The one thing Thor can do is drive if he can get one on one without traffic. His limitation doing that is his athleticism to finish if he gets to the hoop.

cinoque1.png
A picture of coach Miles, I can dig it. Laughing I’ll change it Monday and keep it thru Sunday 2/17.

Reactions: SC_'sker
On the other hand maybe we would get a put back.:Cool:
I’m sure Thor is a nice guy and he at least stays active, gets a few rebounds, and on occasion can drive with his one and only hand and dish off for an assist. But a Power 5 scholarship basketball player he is not.

Watching his highlights from overseas, he drills open 3's. Our shooting has been dogshit. I like my chances with the foreigner.
The key word is "highlights". I think when we recruited him he was shooting something like 25% from 3 with limited defensive pressure. I'm not sure how he even did that.

Reactions: schuele
I’m sure Thor is a nice guy and he at least stays active, gets a few rebounds, and on occasion can drive with his one and only hand and dish off for an assist. But a Power 5 scholarship basketball player he is not.

None of our players are power 5 players then. Thor is arguably our smartest offensive player and a better rebounder than the majority of the team.

Watching his highlights from overseas, he drills open 3's. Our shooting has been dogshit. I like my chances with the foreigner.
You know what a highlight reel is, right?

Why do you think opponents completely ignore him?

His shot doesnt look too ugly to me. Argue with someone else.
I've watched him during warmups from the floor. When I say ugly, I don't mean form. There's just no touch there. Did you watch him shoot free throws the last couple of weeks? The only one he made he banked in.

I've watched him during warmups from the floor. When I say ugly, I don't mean form. There's just no touch there. Did you watch him shoot free throws the last couple of weeks? The only one he made he banked in.
No, no, no - he’s a dead-eye shooter and opponents inexplicably don’t put a defender within 20 feet of him.

This is why I can't stand Miles...he is clueless why this is happening during his post-game pressers. Get rid of him...NOW!! Two guy Smileys in two years. Ugh..

Yes. His free throws are awful. My point was, give someone else a shot. He isnt incapable of making a 3. Not trying to dispute his form. Tired of watching the same three guys miss bad shots over and over

"Not the only conference team with 5 straight losses." Wtf....does that make it acceptable? 5 games you were favored to win?

Reactions: EATAFAT1
This is why I can't stand Miles...he is clueless why this is happening during his post-game pressers. Get rid of him...NOW!! Two guy Smileys in two years. Ugh..

Pretty sure Miles knows what is happening. He’s just making sure he gets his entire buy-out.

The whole team is just mentally checked out. Well, not Borchardt. Akenten's shot should be on the Geneva convention war crimes list. Watson.... WTF?

Team is amazingly incompetent at making shots within 5 feet. Ft shooting always poor at exactly the wrong times.

No, no, no - he’s a dead-eye shooter and opponents inexplicably don’t put a defender within 20 feet of him.
That said, after watching Palmer and Watson chuck up contested 3s and shooting airballs and clankers, I wish Thor would get some passes and let it fly. At least it would be an open shot. IF he shot his free throw percentage he would be at the same rate as the rest of the team on 3s. Let if fly. Nothing to lose now. Frankly from here on out I would like to see more bench players and less Palmer and Watson. Watson plays hard but man his foolish play cost us against Illinois.

ADVERTISEMENT