ADVERTISEMENT

Roster Churn

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
Not a revelation by any means, but these days I think it becomes increasingly hard to base the upcoming season off of last years performance due to the growing roster churn. At Nebraska for example, the roster churn among scholarship players will be 32% year over year in the scholarship ranks (27 new scholarship players as of yesterday). And that's only what we know SO FAR to date. I'm guessing the churn will be even bigger by the time we reach Fall. On top of that at Nebraska there's the coaching churn (10 out of 11 coaches are new). Bottom line it's hard to predict how next year's team will do if you're looking for clues from last season. It's hard to imagine though that it could or would be any worse given the ultra low bar set by last season's team.

AND of course the pre-season pundits are likely to be more inaccurate than ever.

Not a revelation by any means, but these days I think it becomes increasingly hard to base the upcoming season off of last years performance due to the growing roster churn. At Nebraska for example, the roster churn among scholarship players will be 32% year over year in the scholarship ranks (27 new scholarship players as of yesterday). And that's only what we know SO FAR to date. I'm guessing the churn will be even bigger by the time we reach Fall. On top of that at Nebraska there's the coaching churn (10 out of 11 coaches are new). Bottom line it's hard to predict how next year's team will do if you're looking for clues from last season. It's hard to imagine though that it could or would be any worse given the ultra low bar set by last season's team.

AND of course the pre-season pundits are likely to be more inaccurate than ever.
Agreed, but one constant remains — Iowa sucks.

Lots of things have to come together quickly to have a good season.

It'll be interesting to see how fast we can get some of these new guys on the field because we're going to need them.

I'm still predicting a losing season although I hope I'm wrong. It takes time to develop the OL and DL.

Lots of things have to come together quickly to have a good season.

It'll be interesting to see how fast we can get some of these new guys on the field because we're going to need them.

I'm still predicting a losing season although I hope I'm wrong. It takes time to develop the OL and DL.
The team we fielded this past season would have won at least 2 more games (NW and Ga So) with a more competent approach from the coaches. Rhule is now on record saying he likes the guys on the OL.

“24Ours”
- signed 21, have 3 more commits yet to sign

Who’s going to take a crack at the forecasted 2-deep? (Good luck!)

Fuzz, it's amazing how resilient we are......and here we are starting a new era. I hope for my parent's sake that we start winning again...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT