ADVERTISEMENT

Rooting against Frost

guy has been hammering the refresh button nonstop for 16 straight hours

posting in every thread. full blown meltdown
Funny how I lay the random post bait and you red neck dolts bite every single time. Thank you for being such simpletons and making it easy for me.

I very highly doubt that Frost doesn't know how to effectively practice, given who he played for, who he coached with, and the successes of some of the teams he's been associated with. Our problems have been more between the ears than anywhere else and I do think that Frost underestimated what kind of staff is needed to win in a power 5 conf.
Then why the heck do we keep seeing the same ineptitude week in and week out if that were the case? I don't think Frost learned the slightest thing from those he was around.

just curious, but who is a relatively unknown head coach of a smaller program who likes to run the option?

that's kind of what we need I think.

Or just call up Bo Pelini again.. at least we might get back to winning 9 a year.

Reactions: PCastro
Then why the heck do we keep seeing the same ineptitude week in and week out if that were the case? I don't think Frost learned the slightest thing from those he was around.

I don't think we have seen the same ineptitude week after week. We see different ineptitude week after week. When the offense plays well, the defense struggles, and vice versa. We had an all conf kicker one year. Same guy can't make a PAT the next year. RB didn't play well week 1, Grant looks all conference the next week. OL has generally been bad early in seasons and then we end up 2nd or 3rd in the conference in rushing. Punting was putrid last year, solid as **** this year. Offensive procedural penalties were a problem last year, 0 penalties in the opener this year.

I'm not a Frost guy at this point. I would have fired him last year. I probably would have fired him again in Ireland and again at half time vs UND. I just fail to believe that we're practicing in some harmful way that's generally different than what has worked in several other places or that it's such a detriment, yet despite that, we can stay within 3 points of a playoff team or 9 points of Ohio St.

Funny how I lay the random post bait and you red neck dolts bite every single time. Thank you for being such simpletons and making it easy for me.
So original. What else you got? How about what is there to do in Nebraska? Do you know what the N stands for? You going to be bringing out your greatest hits tonight douchebag?

just curious, but who is a relatively unknown head coach of a smaller program who likes to run the option?

that's kind of what we need I think.

Or just call up Bo Pelini again.. at least we might get back to winning 9 a year.
one of the services coaches ran the ball alot, I was looking at when they hired frost...I know airforce allways was second to us running the ball, but I'm not sure if that was the branch...I think gt ran the ball a bit too

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Stoops has a good thing going at UK regardless of outcome this week

he’s taken them from also ran to New Years Day in the most competitive environment that has ever existed in the history of college football
It would be a tough sell. I think he is happy there and has the program where he wants it. Honestly I think it would be easier to get Urban Meyer than Mark Stoops.

I don't think we have seen the same ineptitude week after week. We see different ineptitude week after week. When the offense plays well, the defense struggles, and vice versa. We had an all conf kicker one year. Same guy can't make a PAT the next year. RB didn't play well week 1, Grant looks all conference the next week. OL has generally been bad early in seasons and then we end up 2nd or 3rd in the conference in rushing. Punting was putrid last year, solid as **** this year. Offensive procedural penalties were a problem last year, 0 penalties in the opener this year.

I'm not a Frost guy at this point. I would have fired him last year. I probably would have fired him again in Ireland and again at half time vs UND. I just fail to believe that we're practicing in some harmful way that's generally different than what has worked in several other places or that it's such a detriment, yet despite that, we can stay within 3 points of a playoff team or 9 points of Ohio St.
The close games were the result of some gutsy players like Domann who were good and giving everything they had. Even Martinez was among them despite his inability to win those close games. Domann has already shown to be probably the biggest loss thus far. It's also unfortunate but true that last year's team already looks like it was better overall despite the record.

The close games were the result of some gutsy players like Domann who were good and giving everything they had. Even Martinez was among them despite his inability to win those close games. Domann has already shown to be probably the biggest loss thus far. It's also unfortunate but true that last year's team already looks like it was better overall despite the record.
also 2 of the "close" losses came as a result of us scoring a completely inconsequential touchdown as time was basically expiring

Reactions: oldjar07
I disagree. No doubt Domann is an elite player, but our biggest loss this year is Stille, Snacks, Deontre Thomas and the interior D-Line. This is what is killing us and Gifford has done a pretty good job playing the Domann role. Is he Domann? No, but hasn't been that big of a drop off.

I disagree. No doubt Domann is an elite player, but our biggest loss this year is Stille, Snacks, Deontre Thomas and the interior D-Line. This is what is killing us and Gifford has done a pretty good job playing the Domann role. Is he Domann? No, but hasn't been that big of a drop off.
That was a good DL. Not elite, but able to win more physical than we are seeing this year. Also, Jurgens was the one OL in the last few years that was a top talent that could go against anyone. And the loss of Austin Allen hurt TE depth with Vokolek injured.

That was a good DL. Not elite, but able to win more physical than we are seeing this year. Also, Jurgens was the one OL in the last few years that was a top talent that could go against anyone. And the loss of Austin Allen hurt TE depth with Vokolek injured.
Poor OL and DL recruiting is responsible for our current situation. And there's nobody to blame but Frost.

With the exception of Stille, all those DL, Cam, Allen were all underclassmen, would have been nice if 3-4 of them returned. But, I'm glad most of those former players are able to make some real dough and hopefully have nice careers.

Reactions: BleedRed78
No he sucks. Fire him
I am going to write the same thing I wrote when Eichorst fired Bo. Who is Trav going to hire to be the next Husker head coach? I think there needs to be a plan. Making a move on emotion will not help the situation at all. Trev better make sure he has a good coach in the bag before letting SF go. If not, we could end up with another Riley. A mediocre coach who the press and University will tell us how great a fit he will be for the team and ask us fans to overlook his past coaching results. If there is not a concerted effort to get an outstanding coach, Husker Nation will just stay in the same sad, losing situation it has been in for the past 20 years.

I am going to write the same thing I wrote when Eichorst fired Bo. Who is Trav going to hire to be the next Husker head coach? I think there needs to be a plan. Making a move on emotion will not help the situation at all. Trev better make sure he has a good coach in the bag before letting SF go. If not, we could end up with another Riley. A mediocre coach who the press and University will tell us how great a fit he will be for the team and ask us fans to overlook his past coaching results. If there is not a concerted effort to get an outstanding coach, Husker Nation will just stay in the same sad, losing situation it has been in for the past 20 years.
I agree. This will be the hire that defines Trev. Combined with a frustrated fanbase and a lot of new buildings to pay for…the next hire needs to be as close to a sure thing as we can get.

It generally doesn't work that way. Frost was given some goals and the support to reach them. The final call is Trev's but no way he is beating the bushes ahead of time. That would be complete bush league and no one in the athletic department would ever trust him.

Exactly, I'm not rooting for them to lose, but just don't care anymore what happens, win or lose. Most of the team doesn't seem to give a shit either, why should I?
They don’t care but sure as hell know how to celebrate a big play. They’re selfish - just like they’re coach.

Yep. I agree with those posters on here who say that Trev has probably already decided to fire Frost. I mean, it would be ludicrous to assume that he has not already formed a very informed and certain judgment about Frost as a coach. Heck, he even intimated last year that he doubted the experiment with bringing in new coaches would work. Not firing Frost last year was a simple matter of buyout money and giving Trev time to sound out various replacement coaches. And I am sure that Trev has seen the same shit show we have all seen so far this year. My one and only point is that I agree with you ... I can just never see myself rooting against NU just for a coach to fail.

I saw in Frost's presser that he said at least ten times that there are things that we need "to fix" in order to be a good team. But the main thing that needs "fixing" is that neither of our lines is physical enough. And that is a function of an entire culture and is not something you can just "fix" with a few practices. And our lack of physicality has been a trademark of all of Frost's teams. That is why even though I hope he pulls off a miracle and succeeds this year, I am 99% certain that he won't. He will probably be gone after our loss to Purdue.

So very, very true sir. A lack of brutal & vicious linemen is exactly where we are. Zero chance we'll have any serious improvement unless there's a somehow/someway MASSIVE improvement.

So very, very true sir. A lack of brutal & vicious linemen is exactly where we are. Zero chance we'll have any serious improvement unless there's a somehow/someway MASSIVE improvement.

It takes years to develop good lines. Years in the weight room. Years working together as a unit.

It isn't the same as not having a star QB or star RB. I don't know if any of those great Oregon teams that Frost helped coach had great offensive and defensive lines. The hurry-up passing attack was so new back in the day, teams struggled to complete. There were a ton of 50-32 wins.

But now defenses have learned how to adapt. And having solid lines as a foundation for your team is back in vogue.

It generally doesn't work that way. Frost was given some goals and the support to reach them. The final call is Trev's but no way he is beating the bushes ahead of time. That would be complete bush league and no one in the athletic department would ever trust him.
I do not believe that for a minute. I think every AD has a list of potential coaches for all sports. Furthermore, I am not saying Trev should be out talking to coaches now. The season has just started. Hell, I am not even saying he should fire Scott. What I am saying is if Trev does decide to fire Scott he better have a great candidate ready to fill the vacancy and be damn sure that he is going to take the job. ADs and coaches go through back channels all the time. Brain Kelly, it has been reported, was on recruiting trip in California for Notre Dame when his agent came to terms with the LSU job. Kelly had his Notre Dame assistants fly home on their own and he took the jet they had chartered for the trip onto Baton Rouge.

Last edited:
Reactions: dinglefritz
I very highly doubt that Frost doesn't know how to effectively practice, given who he played for, who he coached with, and the successes of some of the teams he's been associated with. Our problems have been more between the ears than anywhere else and I do think that Frost underestimated what kind of staff is needed to win in a power 5 conf.
Not everyone turn out to be the best pupils no matter who they learned under.
I mean what can we honstly say that SF does well as a HC?
Is there really anything one can point to and say "Yeah SF is pretty good at this or that"?

Not really.

So why would you automatically assume that our practices are perfect and couldnt be improved? Sorry, but his whole culture from the top down (which includes practice) has issues. Now I dont know how much of practice is an issue, maybe its just a small amount, but judging by how terrible our special teams have been for 4 years and other areas of the team...there are some issues with how we practice and prepare for games. Just no other way aroun it I am afraid.

I never said it was perfect, I just doubt it's generally much different than what anyone else does. I doubt it's much different than what an undefeated UCF team did, or what an Oregon team that made it to the national title game did.

I admit it.....as I sat in the stands last saturday....watching a display of un-inspired football...I told my wfe that I wish they would lose and get this dispointing, 5 year long bad dream over with. Frost is just a terrible head coach....nothing will change that.

I guess if that is rooting for them to lose then I am guilty of it.

Stoops would be an absolute glass shattering slam dunk IMO

his kentucky teams are very fun to watch & play hard as hell

I think they’ll beat Florida in the swamp on Saturday as 4 point underdogs
Mark Stoops needs 1 more win to pass Bear Bryant as Kentucky’s all-time winningest coach. I think he would do well at Nebraska, if he would come.

Losing those guys has made Chinander’s mediocrity painfully obvious.

Losing a 2nd round center and a talented guard for PED use isn’t helping us. Austin’s recruiting failures are biting us in the ass

Sheez guys, every team has players leave/graduate. It happens to everyone so it can't be an excuse for us and not everyone else we play. What it does expose is the lack of preparation to fill the spots. That is on the coaches.

Sheez guys, every team has players leave/graduate. It happens to everyone so it can't be an excuse for us and not everyone else we play. What it does expose is the lack of preparation to fill the spots. That is on the coaches.
NU has consistently had 18-20 OL on the roster. The same 7-8 kids have taken all the snaps for Frosts' duration. It indicates, among other things, just mistakes in offering kids who won't ever develop, or lack the quality of coaching/strength program to help them develop.

It's been a poorly assed conceived idea of how to manage a roster by both Austin but definitely by Frost. You would expect, from among a dozen kids who have been here 2-3 years that at least 3-4 would have developed to the point of being a backup player. Instead, there are 10 original recruits that don't even hit the field except in a Fordham, Buffalo, '21 Northwestern type blowout.

That was one of the main ingredients of the TO era. NU used to routinely blow out 5-6 teams a year and the backups and 3rd team guys would have more snaps that day than the starters. Depth was always strong, although, the quality of the starters was obvious, even those #2 or #3 guys would be somewhere in the picture by their Jr or Sr year.

Then you have a multi-year starter like Benhart who specializes in playing tag instead of putting his pads on somebody because nobody???? else is even good enough to replace him? Pathetic regime.

When you don't blow people out, it doesn't allow so many of these kids to get live action where you have film to watch to evaluate them when the bullets are flying. Then you have the situation NU has had under Frost.
Close games, afraid to substitute liberally in fear of those subs costing you a game, and then you wind up with a position group with no quality depth.

The sooner the Frost expeiment ends, the better.

Reactions: Matrix Husker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT