ADVERTISEMENT

Ronald Thompkins is the #2 RB

I don't think there is any question that LP was the most talented Husker RB ever. I respect your opinion, BUT for me there's more to it than talent to be considered the greatest RB ever at NU. When he played, he put up huge numbers. LP wasn't available for his team for multiple games because of his personal issues. I downgrade him for that. Talent wise yes. Career performance no. JMO.

I got ya. I guess I look at it differently. To me you are speaking of more accomplished
I don't think there is any question that LP was the most talented Husker RB ever. I respect your opinion, BUT for me there's more to it than talent to be considered the greatest RB ever at NU. When he played, he put up huge numbers. LP wasn't available for his team for multiple games because of his personal issues. I downgrade him for that. Talent wise yes. Career performance no. JMO.

Your opinion is a legit one. We just see it a bit different. To me your opinion is based more on accomplished than best. Those two things CAN be the same but they absolutely don't have to be. That's why with a position like RB it's more about eye test with me. Because most of the other stuff can be based on numerous other valuables like OL,Scheme, coaching, durability etc.

Mine is based on what I witnessed from said RB as a talent. If all things equal who would I take.

Tom Brady is the most accomplished QB of all time. Yet many people would tell you Aaron Rodgers is the best QB they ever seen. Despite not being near as accomplished. All things equal I'd take Rodgers myself. Same could be said about Barry Sanders and a guy like Emmitt Smith. One is more accomplished and has won more and rushed for more yards and TDs. But MY eye test yells me the other is a better RB.

That's how I feel about Ajman and LP. All things equal gimme LP.

Holla

I got ya. I guess I look at it differently. To me you are speaking of more accomplished

Your opinion is a legit one. We just see it a bit different. To me your opinion is based more on accomplished than best. Those two things CAN be the same but they absolutely don't have to be. That's why with a position like RB it's more about eye test with me. Because most of the other stuff can be based on numerous other valuables like OL,Scheme, coaching, durability etc.

Mine is based on what I witnessed from said RB as a talent. If all things equal who would I take.

Tom Brady is the most accomplished QB of all time. Yet many people would tell you Aaron Rodgers is the best QB they ever seen. Despite not being near as accomplished. All things equal I'd take Rodgers myself. Same could be said about Barry Sanders and a guy like Emmitt Smith. One is more accomplished and has won more and rushed for more yards and TDs. But MY eye test yells me the other is a better RB.

That's how I feel about Ajman and LP. All things equal gimme LP.

Holla
I've been as high on Thompkins as anybody, but let's see him play in a game before we anoint him a Heisman candidate or the next LP.

I want to punch Tom Brady in the face. But he is in my opinion the most clutch QB in history. He wins the big games, and comes through in the 4th quarter. IMO Rogers isn’t even in the top 5. He has a canon but doesn’t often come through when his team needs him.

I want to punch Tom Brady in the face. But he is in my opinion the most clutch QB in history. He wins the big games, and comes through in the 4th quarter. IMO Rogers isn’t even in the top 5. He has a canon but doesn’t often come through when his team needs him.

Again I think Brady is great and his accomplishments are beyond approach. Most clutch isn't best though. I guess that the choice of words matter when I'm judging great players.

Do I think Brady would be as accomplished in Green Bay with Rodgers situation? I don't. Do I think Rodgers would be as good or better with Belichick? Absolutely

Holla

we saw the blueprint today.. no emphasis on establishing a running game at all.. it's the Adrian and Luke show and all of 17 points to show for it. The rb position is more of an afterthought than the highlight of any offensive planning.

He'll never be McCaffery level fast, but once he gets a few carries under his belt he'll be faster, just like everyone else that plays RB.
He was described as a “slasher” so I’d like to see what he does with more carries.

we saw the blueprint today.. no emphasis on establishing a running game at all.. it's the Adrian and Luke show and all of 17 points to show for it. The rb position is more of an afterthought than the highlight of any offensive planning.
There we go. That's the defeatist post I've been looking for

Reactions: BleedRed78
Thompkins played well I thought. Not game breaking like Washington was but better than Johnson.

I have to disagree. I just rewatched the game and Thompkins reminds me of a more complete Washington. Sure, the absolute game breaking speed isn't there. But speed is sharp, especially considering his previous injuries.

Dude breaks loose on a run and LOOKS for someone to throw a shoulder into. Love it! Between him and McCaffrey being the next Crouch, and the dominant physically of our line now - I'm stoked about the future and the progress being made. GBR

I have to disagree. I just rewatched the game and Thompkins reminds me of a more complete Washington. Sure, the absolute game breaking speed isn't there. But speed is sharp, especially considering his previous injuries.

Dude breaks loose on a run and LOOKS for someone to throw a shoulder into. Love it! Between him and McCaffrey being the next Crouch, and the dominant physically of our line now - I'm stoked about the future and the progress being made. GBR
The stiff arm was seriously legit.

Thompkins played well I thought. Not game breaking like Washington was but better than Johnson.
he's going to be light years more reliable than Washington. Give him 4 or 5 games to regain some confidence and get used to the speed of the game and I think he'll be a good back.

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT