ADVERTISEMENT

Ron Brown reassigned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ICYMI: Nebraska is hiring a new director of player development as Ron Brown is begin reassigned to another role in the football program.@EvanBlandOWH:

https://t.co/ZhgUtrV3ue #huskers
Actually I'm shocked that he is still around in any capacity. Seems like he should be retired by now and enjoying the good life.

I am also a huge Coach Brown fan and he is definitely a Husker Legend. With all that said, it doesn't mean he is the perfect player development coordinator for the current situation and future growth of the program. Here's to him continuing to contribute in the best way he can in another role.

It’s so funny to me that people who aren’t Christian hate the guy because of a few articles they’ve read online.

Have you ever met the guy? Had a conversation with him? Why are so many threatened by him? I’ll never understand...

He’s really not. People fooled by their religion.

I don't usually go down this road but you sir are an idiot. I suppose that could get be banned for name calling, so be it.

I spent an entire afternoon and evening with Ron when he was recruitimg Brook Beringer. He was as passionate about his past players as anyone I have ever seen. Of all he had ever coached at that time, he only had one he didn't know or have contact with. The level of care and concern he had for his former and current players was amazing. I have been in education for 36 years and he impressed me like few others have.

He was humble and did everything in recruiting by the book. For several years afterwards, he and I exchanged letters. I still have them.if you can read his handwriting! I do admit that I am Believer in Jesus Christ so we had that in common but he didn't know that at first.

I also met Tom during one of his trips to watch Brook okay BB. Tom was great, tired and worn out you could tell.

Few people care and coach with the passion of Ron Brown, he truly cares about his players as human beings. Sorry for the rant but in this time of tearimg people down all around us,.I have to stand up. Now ban me.

Good
I don't usually go down this road but you sir are an idiot. I suppose that could get be banned for name calling, so be it.

I spent an entire afternoon and evening with Ron when he was recruitimg Brook Beringer. He was as passionate about his past players as anyone I have ever seen. Of all he had ever coached at that time, he only had one he didn't know or have contact with. The level of care and concern he had for his former and current players was amazing. I have been in education for 36 years and he impressed me like few others have.

He was humble and did everything in recruiting by the book. For several years afterwards, he and I exchanged letters. I still have them.if you can read his handwriting! I do admit that I am Believer in Jesus Christ so we had that in common but he didn't know that at first.

I also met Tom during one of his trips to watch Brook okay BB. Tom was great, tired and worn out you could tell.

Few people care and coach with the passion of Ron Brown, he truly cares about his players as human beings. Sorry for the rant but in this time of tearimg people down all around us,.I have to stand up. Now ban me.
Good post. But you can’t call people idiots. Only refs and the starting QB.

I always thought the position he was given was something they sort of made up, in order to get him back into the program. I think he does a lot of good being involved in the program, and I'm sure there are other ways for him to contribute too. I expect he will be involved in some way, until he can't anymore.

Every single person who has a problem with Ron Brown would trade places with him in a second come judgement day, yours truly included.
You sure about that? He testified that gays, lesbians, and transgender people should net receive anti discrimination rights. So basically he thinks it’s okay to discriminate against them. Pretty messed up to take away rights for those people because of your faith.

You sure about that? He testified that gays, lesbians, and transgender people should net receive anti discrimination rights. So basically he thinks it’s okay to discriminate against them. Pretty messed up to take away rights for those people because of your faith.

I don't have an answer for that...I personally believe God makes some people gay from the womb, so I'll leave that between Mr. Brown and the almighty.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Not sure I follow... litespeed was simply saying that as a man who believes in Jesus, he will be eternally saved “come judgment day.” You don’t think people would want that “come judgment day”?

Reactions: OzzyLvr
I don't have an answer for that...I personally believe God makes some people gay from the womb, so I'll leave that between Mr. Brown and the almighty.
You are born gay for sure. So to say they are sinners for me that doesn’t sit well. Ron Brown has done many good things. But he will
Be on the wrong side of history one day and have a major blemish to his name when they remember his legacy.

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
Not sure I follow... litespeed was simply saying that as a man who believes in Jesus, he will be eternally saved “come judgment day.” You don’t think people would want that “come judgment day”?
Why will he be eternally saved? Why is it guaranteed? Someone who casts sin on people for being born a certain way?

Why will he be eternally saved? Why is it guaranteed? Someone who casts sin on people for being born a certain way?
Every last person on earth is a sinner. No one is perfect. Jesus forgives sin to those who believe in him. Even Ron Brown’s sin.

Do you think because of his stance on this he will go to hell?

Every last person on earth is a sinner. No one is perfect. Jesus forgives sin to those who believe in him. Even Ron Brown’s sin.

Do you think because of his stance on this he will go to hell?
I can’t answer that. But I do think in the grand scheme of history people who discriminated against gays will be viewed the same as the openly racist in the 60s and whatnot. Will his name be removed from the history of husker football like statues of racists have been knocked down? Maybe?

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
I can’t answer that. But I do think in the grand scheme of history people who discriminated against gays will be viewed the same as the openly racist in the 60s and whatnot. Will his name be removed from the history of husker football like statues of racists have been knocked down? Maybe?
I don’t disagree with you there. From the perspective of 21st century America, he will quite possibly be remembered more for this than his coaching ability. I would say it’s more than possible.. it’s almost certain. And I’m sure he doesn’t care.

I don’t disagree with you there. From the perspective of 21st century America, he will quite possibly be remembered more for this than his coaching ability. I would say it’s more than possible.. it’s almost certain. And I’m sure he doesn’t care.
He doesn’t care. He would rather be remembered for his faith above all it seems. And some coaches would rather be remembered for winning games above all. But deep down I think most of us would rather be remembered for how we treated people so it’s why most of us try not to discriminate against others for being born a certain way.
My only issue with his faith is the Bible has so many problems in it and so many variations I just have trouble believing people born a certain way are sinners and should be discriminated against. I could be wrong too. But I just know too many people who are gay and very good people who deserve the same as us. At one time people thought minorities were sinners too so Views might change as we progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT