ADVERTISEMENT

Ron Brown duties

There was some hoopla when Ron was hired this summer.....that seems to have piped down. Dont hear anything about him. I see him on the sideline during the games. I know he is Player Development......but what exactly does he do?

Promote all things Ron Brown and smoke out any heathans or members of the LGBTQ community masquerading as football players

Our head coach, who right now has as universal support as you will ever find, thinks that position is important to his football team and that the right man for that job is Ron Brown. Isn't that enough? On the list of things a fan should worry about, Ron's position should be near the bottom.

The only reason someone would bother to bring it up is that you don't like his religion or his politics. If that's the case, just say that instead of hiding behind a facade of micro-managing Frost's staff and what that staff brings to the table.

Our head coach, who right now has as universal support as you will ever find, thinks that position is important to his football team and that the right man for that job is Ron Brown. Isn't that enough? On the list of things a fan should worry about, Ron's position should be near the bottom.

The only reason someone would bother to bring it up is that you don't like his religion or his politics. If that's the case, just say that instead of hiding behind a facade of micro-managing Frost's staff and what that staff brings to the table.
I don’t trust Mr. Brown because I understand he is an evangelical Christian. I have no idea what his politics are, though.

I don’t trust Mr. Brown because I understand he is an evangelical Christian. I have no idea what his politics are, though.

At least you’re honest in your reason for your view of him. Many on here will hide behind fancy words, rather just have straightforward statements with honesty behind them.

I am the one who brought him up and initiated the topic. I am a huge Ron Brown fan and have heard him speak numerous times. Personally, I think he brings much to the table and I am glad he is back. When I saw him on the sidelines I was suprised... as I thought he was more Life Skills etc. That is the reason I posted. I'm not for sure why his religion or politics would be of concern to me in the context of his employment.

Last edited:
Reactions: OzzyLvr

Very tolerant of you. Bigotry and racism at its finest.

Aren't you the same Vitalis Jackson who advocated for retaining Riley on another message board, even though it was apparent that Riley was a failure, fraud, liar, and all around bad guy?

You haven't been seen on that message board for over a year, IIRC.

Last edited:
On the list of things a fan should worry about, Ron's position should be near the bottom.
Exactly. I'm much more worried about what Frost, Chinander, Austin, Rudd, Dewitt, Fisher, Walters, Beckton, Dawson, Held, and Verduzco are doing on the sideline than Ron Brown.

Aren't you the same Vitalis Jackson who advocated for retaining Riley on another message board, even though it was apparent that Riley was a failure, fraud, liar, and all around bad guy?

Yeah, I was banned for supporting Riley and a new approach to offensive football and recruiting. I still stand by him, and NU would be better off if his guys would have stayed. Having said that, I think we still have lots of good players and a smart, young coaching staff. Riley had class, though.

Riley was a class act, and your comments are unwarranted. He loved fixing broken organizations; that was just his nature. “More than winning,” I suppose.

Exactly. I'm much more worried about what Frost, Chinander, Austin, Rudd, Dewitt, Fisher, Walters, Beckton, Dawson, Held, and Verduzco are doing on the sideline than Ron Brown.

Just because someone asked about his duties doesn't mean they are worried about anything regarding Ron Brown. Simple we question about his duties....no need to make it more than that

I was an equipment manager and worked with Ron Brown when he was in charge with the TEs. He is a damn good coach. Definitely knows the game. It was during the pelini era, so could have been better. Pelini would scream and cuss guys out and you could tell Ron was burning on the inside. He is definitely a Christian role model and someone for those young players to look up to

What about the bigotry or pre-determined opposition to gays, trans, and many outspoken deranged personalities on the right who advocate hatred?

I think that is what people are speaking out against when it comes to Evangelicals and (if I extend this to politics) the Far Right. Neo-Nazi's, etc.

To oppose those institutions is being a "bigot" and a "racist"?

What are you talking about here? Just trying to be clear.

I don't have a problem with Ron Brown, but I don't believe nor advocate his religious beliefs (nor most likely his politics). That's my choice. It's a free country.

And he's there to help with football. From everything I have heard, he's a motivator and a leader of young men. Religion and politics aside, a descent man.

If he says a prayer or two and upholds being a descent person, it's a good thing. If he crosses the line into other topics, slow the boat there Ron...

Can you imagine what that must be like though? counseling an entire team of College kids away from home, after the nasty season we've had and the crap they read on social media about themselves? I can only imagine the job he has and how he has to deal with it...
Just glad it's him.

Reactions: Jimmy Frank
Think of it another way. He's a glorified guidance counselor for a bunch of guys many of whom come from less than ideal situations at home. It would be stupid to not have somebody like him on staff. He's lived the pressure for decades. He intimately knows what these young men are going through. Good hire regardless of his political baggage.
AND he's been through it all and lived it all

There was some hoopla when Ron was hired this summer.....that seems to have piped down. Dont hear anything about him. I see him on the sideline during the games. I know he is Player Development......but what exactly does he do?
I'm very glad this thread was not as title alluded to.

Yeah, I was banned for supporting Riley and a new approach to offensive football and recruiting. I still stand by him, and NU would be better off if his guys would have stayed. Having said that, I think we still have lots of good players and a smart, young coaching staff. Riley had class, though.
Better off how? More room in the stadium? Easier to get tickets for free?

Reactions: Old_Gold_Knight
Riley was a class act, and your comments are unwarranted. He loved fixing broken organizations; that was just his nature. “More than winning,” I suppose.

To be clear, he loved talking about fixing broken organizations, not actually doing the fixing.

Had to get him out of here to begin the multi-year cleanup project he left behind.

Reactions: Old_Gold_Knight
What about the bigotry or pre-determined opposition to gays, trans, and many outspoken deranged personalities on the right who advocate hatred?

I think that is what people are speaking out against when it comes to Evangelicals and (if I extend this to politics) the Far Right. Neo-Nazi's, etc.

Pretty much any decent human opposes those views.

To oppose those institutions is being a "bigot" and a "racist"?

No. Ron is a black man, if anyone opposes anything that he believes or has issues with him, it's based only on the fact that he is black, it's racist and bigoted.

I learned this during the Obama administration.

I don't have a problem with Ron Brown, but I don't believe nor advocate his religious beliefs (nor most likely his politics). That's my choice. It's a free country.

And he's there to help with football. From everything I have heard, he's a motivator and a leader of young men. Religion and politics aside, a descent man.

If he says a prayer or two and upholds being a descent person, it's a good thing. If he crosses the line into other topics, slow the boat there Ron...

I agree with you on this.

I don't know his politics and to be quite honest don't follow or care about his religion.

Reactions: F5Tornado

Riley is a piece of garbage. A liar, a fraud, a thief, and was an embarrassment to the university on and off the field.

He was sued for "harboring a culture of sexual assault" while coach at OrSU.

He never fixed any organization, he only drove them further into the ground, NU included.

If we happen to get to 5 wins, we won't sniff a bowl game thanks to him allowing academics to tank under his watch.

Any Nebraska fan that still supports him is an enemy to the program. He's trash.

Riley is a piece of garbage. A liar, a fraud, a thief, and was an embarrassment to the university on and off the field.

He was sued for "harboring a culture of sexual assault" while coach at OrSU.

He never fixed any organization, he only drove them further into the ground, NU included.

If we happen to get to 5 wins, we won't sniff a bowl game thanks to him allowing academics to tank under his watch.

Any Nebraska fan that still supports him is an enemy to the program. He's trash.
Simmer down, man. You sound like Riley stole your dog or something.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT