ADVERTISEMENT

Ron Brown duties

Huskertransplant

Redshirt Freshman
Oct 6, 2018
There was some hoopla when Ron was hired this summer.....that seems to have piped down. Dont hear anything about him. I see him on the sideline during the games. I know he is Player Development......but what exactly does he do?

I'm guessing he still helps with coaching stuff of the field (film/game planning) + recruiting when they are on campus. He just can't coach on the field or recruit off campus.

Thinking he has and will do a great deal of work off the field to help the team grow and mature as people. Character development and growth as people I’m sure will also have a great positive impact on the field since in pressure situations the more calm and able to handle pressure of life, will translate to the field. I hope he is quite successful

I'm guessing he still helps with coaching stuff of the field (film/game planning) + recruiting when they are on campus. He just can't coach on the field or recruit off campus.
He was on the sidelines Saturday, is he not supposed to talk to any players? If he talks to a player wouldn't that be considered coaching? No sarcasm meant just probably a dumb question

He was on the sidelines Saturday, is he not supposed to talk to any players? If he talks to a player wouldn't that be considered coaching? No sarcasm meant just probably a dumb question

I am guessing it is more about practice...The NCAA is stupid but not that stupid where talking to players on the sidelines of a game would be some issue...unless he offered a player a sandwich.

I am guessing it is more about practice...The NCAA is stupid but not that stupid where talking to players on the sidelines of a game would be some issue...unless he offered a player a sandwich.
That’s it, I’m betting Brown distributes sandwiches to the players.

In other words - he rides the gravy train

It's very motivational, if you can get a job like that. I had a 4 hour job during a short time of my service. It was glorious. My social life was special and my gym time was ridiculous.

The rest of the time was twelve or eighteen hour days or more. I didn't have to shave except for the back to civilization representation, when a civilian with a flag showed up.

Ron Brown's job description is to help our players in their psychological and spiritual development. Getting them to believe in themselves after such a dismal season isn't easy to do but Ron will get it done.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Ron Brown's job description is to help our players in their psychological and spiritual development. Getting them to believe in themselves after such a dismal season isn't easy to do but Ron will get it done.

so he basically comes in - leads some players in a rousing rendition of "High Hopes", maybe cues up a Tony Robbins DVD, and then hits the gym and golf course

311a0feb97e73c934c0ef3a3bd8440bc.jpg

Last edited:
In his new role at Nebraska, Brown serves in a non-coaching role, mentoring Husker football student-athletes in numerous off-field development areas. Brown assists in community outreach efforts of Husker football players and staff.

Can you imagine what that must be like though? counseling an entire team of College kids away from home, after the nasty season we've had and the crap they read on social media about themselves? I can only imagine the job he has and how he has to deal with it...

Can you imagine what that must be like though? counseling an entire team of College kids away from home, after the nasty season we've had and the crap they read on social media about themselves? I can only imagine the job he has and how he has to deal with it...
He knows NU football like the back his hand, so I'm all in on mr brown.
I can tolerate if he's not 100% calvinist, for now.

Think of it another way. He's a glorified guidance counselor for a bunch of guys many of whom come from less than ideal situations at home. It would be stupid to not have somebody like him on staff. He's lived the pressure for decades. He intimately knows what these young men are going through. Good hire regardless of his political baggage.

There was some hoopla when Ron was hired this summer.....that seems to have piped down. Dont hear anything about him. I see him on the sideline during the games. I know he is Player Development......but what exactly does he do?
He helps kids that want to be helped with life building skills - kind of like a counselor I think. Participation by the kids is voluntary.

Reactions: baseball31ne
ADVERTISEMENT