ADVERTISEMENT

Roll call to Boulder

Colorado folks seem to think there will only be 10,000 to 12,000 Husker fans in attendance. Does that sound accurate to everyone?

Reactions: scarletred
20,000 more like it..
I’ll be in Boulder Thursday Night..

Heads up might have to bring our rain gear for Friday and Saturday afternoon rains.

It will be interesting to see the actual number. With as many people who say they are going I would estimate at least 20,000, but I guess reality may say 10-15K???
I enjoy going to away games and it's never quite as much as we think. I'd say 15k is accurate.

Today's Denver Post has an article about the high demand for tickets:

DENVER POST

"Nebraska was allotted 3,000 seats from CU — Folsom’s capacity is 53,750 — but the university expects more than twice that many Huskers faithful to be in attendance."

Ya think?

I arrive on Friday. Staying with friends from Nebraska who live in Denver. Friends from Lincoln are driving over and staying there too. Should be a fun party. I am taking my cousin who is a Denver native and lifelong resident. He will be cheering for the Buffs. Our grandfather had CU season tickets for many years so going to Folsom Field is part of the family lore.

Thanks. Hadn't though about rain. Will check out the weather report
A mid-to-late afternoon thunderstorm is pretty much a daily occurrence. Most of them don't produce much rain, but you probably want to have a jacket of some kind.

The good news is that the heat is supposed to moderate this week. Nearly hit 100 yesterday.

A mid-to-late afternoon thunderstorm is pretty much a daily occurrence. Most of them don't produce much rain, but you probably want to have a jacket of some kind.

The good news is that the heat is supposed to moderate this week. Nearly hit 100 yesterday.

Do you live near Boulder? Playing golf around there tomorrow suppose to be in the 90’s.. Friday in Boulder..

It appears the percentage has went up to 60% this morning for the game and another site Has rain decreasing.

Last edited:
I enjoy going to away games and it's never quite as much as we think. I'd say 15k is accurate.

See Nebraska at Notre Dame attendance pictures.

“When I was on the field before the game I wish I was color blind," Notre Dame athletic director Kevin White said. "Disappointing, very disappointing."

Reactions: SOHusker11
Do you live near Boulder? Playing golf around there tomorrow suppose to be in the 90’s.. Friday in Boulder..

It appears the percentage has went up to 60% this morning for the game and another site Has rain decreasing.
Where are you playing? Coal Creek is a decent track.

Last edited:
Reactions: scarletred

Yes I live about 15 minutes from Boulder. When there are thunderstorms in the forecast they almost always make an appearance, but they often don't last very long or bring much rain. So I wouldn't change any plans based on the forecast but if you are playing golf, you need to take the lightning seriously. Way too many people don't.

I don't golf anymore but have played most of the courses here, if you need a recommendation. Fossil Trace in Golden is a good option. Westmoor and Legacy Ridge in Westminster are both pretty good. Omni Interlocken is pretty but overpriced.

Where are playing? Coal Creek is a decent track.

Yes I live about 15 minutes from Boulder. When there are thunderstorms in the forecast they almost always make an appearance, but they often don't last very long or bring much rain. So I wouldn't change any plans based on the forecast but if you are playing golf, you need to take the lightning seriously. Way too many people don't.

I don't golf anymore but have played most of the courses here, if you need a recommendation. Fossil Trace in Golden is a good option. Westmoor and Legacy Ridge in Westminster are both pretty good. Omni Interlocken is pretty but overpriced.

Thanks for the recommendations on Courses..
Think a buddy that lives in Colorado has Flatirons Golf course of Friday..

10,000 range but I don’t see much more than that, But in a stadium of what, 54,000, 10,000 would show quite well.
7-8k expected. Huskers will announce double that because that's what they do. With ticket prices going as high as they are, I suspect some will sell, but a 1:30 PM game with lots of local excitement probably hurts resale. 1:30 games generally do well. You guys would have done better with a late game where families might opt out.

7-8k expected. Huskers will announce double that because that's what they do. With ticket prices going as high as they are, I suspect some will sell, but a 1:30 PM game with lots of local excitement probably hurts resale. 1:30 games generally do well. You guys would have done better with a late game where families might opt out.

according to The Athletic:

- this ticket is the 9th most in-demand ticket in all of college football this season
- 15k-20k in red expected

according to me:
- NU fans have $$ and are willing to spend it in support of their team

You are a gem for sure. I guess we will all just have to wait and see won't we.

Whatever helps you sleep at night bub.

in terms of CU 'fans', here's my experience:

the last time the buffs had a good season, started 9-0, played an also-ranked UCLA in prime time on thursday night. I was in attendance and the place was dead. maybe 55% capacity.

what a joke

I’m going with a preliminary plan just to tailgate. If I stumble on a scalper before I kick then I’ll be in the stadium. There are a surprising amount of Red just going up to Boulder to tailgate. Should be a blast.

I’m meeting some Husker fans in Boulder and they already paid $300 for a ticket and the face value is $180..

There will be enough going that if they can’t find a ticket their still invading Boulder and watching there..

Like our AD said were coming..

Reactions: Top_Gun_
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT