ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Yogi

RIP #8. When ordering a pizza in NY, sir do you want it cut in 8 slices or four? " Better make it four cuz I can`t eat eight. "

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Nobody goes there any more, it's too crowded.

And Bux, the story (likely myth) is that Killer Kane's baseball career was thwarted by Yogi's consistency behind the plate.

Reactions: huskerbux
Nobody goes there any more, it's too crowded.

And Bux, the story (likely myth) is that Killer Kane's baseball career was thwarted by Yogi's consistency behind the plate.
Yep... I remember those stories as well. Doubt it was a myth though. He came from a very athletic family. His three sisters were faster, tougher and could tackle better than all of us. Winking

Reactions: mel mains
He will be missed by multiple generations of people in and out of baseball. A sign of a genuine man.

Yep... I remember those stories as well. Doubt it was a myth though. He came from a very athletic family. His three sisters were faster, tougher and could tackle better than all of us. Winking

Yogi himself held quite a few world Series records. I will miss him very much.

God Bless ya, Yogi! Thanks for the memories.
635785810470943602-97301503.jpg

Few folks here are old enough to remember seeing Yogi play. He was a great catcher and lefty slugger. As for the quips, if you research a bit you will find out his childhood pal Joe Garagiola made up a lot of it on his TV shows. Yogi was no buffoon.

When asked about his sweater collection, Yogi said he had all the colors, even navy brown. He served in the military and was on a ship that was part of the D-Day invasion. He had 10 world series rings -- 10!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT