ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Tom Seaver

Was never a Mets, Reds or a White Sox fan but I was a Tom Seaver fan. R.I,P Big Tom.

Reactions: bigboxes
Seems that covid is the final blow of sorts with those that have the comorbidity issue....which our fat country certainly has plenty of. This stupid pandemic has not been kind to my waist line

I can still remember the 1973 World Series, I was a big Mets fan because of Tom Seaver and my dad was a A’s fan for the series that is. We had a small bet and of course I lost. But you look at those A’s teams of the early 1970’s my gosh they were loaded with super stars.

Damn. Without a doubt my favorite player. I still wished he had thrown his no hitter as a MET. He always said id his knee had dirt on it, he was on target. RIP sir. You will be missed.

Reactions: bigboxes
I'm a lefty. I have a left handed catcher's mitt and caught for a few years.
Good for you. With the shortage of catching talent that exists today, I don't understand why LH kids aren't given an equal shot at the position. There are so many LH hitters that I don't see throwing left-handed from behind the plate to be that much of a disadvantage anymore. If you can throw, you can throw. And if you can call a game and frame pitches, who cares which hand the mitt is on?

Good for you. With the shortage of catching talent that exists today, I don't understand why LH kids aren't given an equal shot at the position. There are so many LH hitters that I don't see throwing left-handed from behind the plate to be that much of a disadvantage anymore. If you can throw, you can throw. And if you can call a game and frame pitches, who cares which hand the mitt is on?

I am pretty sure the reason is lefties have to pivot to throw to third.

I am pretty sure the reason is lefties have to pivot to throw to third.
Oh I understand the disadvantages, but they just don't seem insurmountable to me if a guy has good skills behind the plate. There are advantages to having a LH player at first base, but that's never prompted anyone to say RH throwers can't play first. I would view catching much the same way.

More than anything, I would just like to see catching opened up to a wider range of players, given the scarcity of talent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT