ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Rowdy Roddy Piper

ZaneHickey

Defensive Coordinator
Dec 3, 2004
age 61. Thanks for the memories, Hot Rod.
maxresdefault.jpg

age 61. Thanks for the memories, Hot Rod.
maxresdefault.jpg
Back when I was kid watching the old WWF, Roddy Piper was the perfect heel. Pipers Pit was the most un-PC, yet hilarious part of the wrestling show each week. Dude was brutal. I remember he once beat Jimmy Superfly Snuka over the head with a coconut. I hated this guy, but loved watching him.

I later heard him tell a story where he said he granted Ronda Rousey the name Rowdy. He said it was a very easy decision, because they were both judo blackbelts trained and mentored by another legend, Gene Lebell. Piper probably entered the pearly gates saying the infamous line "I came here to chew bubblegum and kick some ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum." R.I.P. Roddy.

Back when I was kid watching the old WWF, Roddy Piper was the perfect heel. Pipers Pit was the most un-PC, yet hilarious part of the wrestling show each week. Dude was brutal. I remember he once beat Jimmy Superfly Snuka over the head with a coconut. I hated this guy, but loved watching him.

I later heard him tell a story where he said he granted Ronda Rousey the name Rowdy. He said it was a very easy decision, because they were both judo blackbelts trained and mentored by another legend, Gene Lebell. Piper probably entered the pearly gates saying the infamous line "I came here to chew bubblegum and kick some ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum." R.I.P. Roddy.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/7/3...es-fight-with-bethe-correia-to-the-late-rowdy

Reactions: resdog851
One of the best, we have lost another legend way too early, hot rod and the dream are having a laugh right now. Rip

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT