ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Lou Brock

One of the greats. Heaven's all-star team just got better!

53a1849922be9.image.jpg

I pity anyone who hasn't had a chance to visit with some of the guys who played then. It was a different game back then. I have a friend who played against Brock among others. The stories he can tell when you pry them out of him.

Yeah. I had a neighbor friend who was probably Brock's age. Played on the first Mets teams. I miss talking baseball with him.

Reactions: saluno22
Quite possibly the worst.. Getting Sandberg from Philadelphia was a steal but not as bad as Brock. Cubs are dead to me this season. Baseball season just isn't doing it for me. My hope is a Padres World Series winner even though it gets a COVID *

Baseball just hasn't been the same for me since the 90s. I grew up watching intently, eagerly reading the box scores each morning with my cereal, playing strat-o-matic and the early computer games, and could tell you starting lineups and stats for everybody. Tried to get back into it, was fun watching the Royals win the series, but hasn't really stuck with me like before.

Baseball just hasn't been the same for me since the 90s. I grew up watching intently, eagerly reading the box scores each morning with my cereal, playing strat-o-matic and the early computer games, and could tell you starting lineups and stats for everybody. Tried to get back into it, was fun watching the Royals win the series, but hasn't really stuck with me like before.

Yeah, I too was a horribly addicted to strat-o-matic baseball. Sadly.....I still am! :)

I'm the same way with most sports nowadays. The over-analysis, inundation of sabermetrics, and simply flatout ready availability has taken a lot of charm out of sports. Everything is on TV now, doesn't feel special. Everything is just a canned product and "here you go, eyeballs!"

Thanks, computers. Winking

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT