ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Bob Dowding

wseattlesker

Sophomore
Mar 24, 2010
Bob Dowding, originally from Palmyra, Nebraska died Tuesday morning. Cancer recurrence after many years cancer free. Not sure that anyone on the board would know of Bob, but he loved Big Red football. Thus my posting here. Graduated from Concordia College in Seward. Long time coach and athletic director at Seattle Lutheran High School. Bob had a huge impact on the lives of the countless teenagers (and their parents) who he taught and coached over his many years in education. Here's too you Bob. A life well lived. Survived by his wife Marie, originally from Superior, adult daughter and son, and at least one grandson.

Thank you for sharing this. I hope that I will have had this much of an impact on others when my time is at an end.

I just learned that Seattle Lutheran High School is having a "red out" tomorrow. All students and staff wearing red in honor of Bob's love of Husker Red. (The school colors are blue & silver). I'll try to post a photo if I can; although I suspect if anyone's interested they may be able to find it at www.westseattleblog.com tomorrow.

How ironic is it that a friend of mine is actually the boys basketball coach at Seattle Lutheran. I saw this on his facebook yesterday, but I didn't realize the Bob was from Nebraska. I don't think he mentioned that. What a small world.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT