ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Andre Smith

Huskers_Rule

All-American
Jul 11, 2001
Andre was my favorite player during my freshman year at Nebraska. There was one play that to me described how Andre played. There was a break away by the opponent and Andre came from under his own basket and sprinted as fast as he could, he was trailing the player with the ball and no one thought there was anyway he was going to make a play. As he approached the top of the circle he dove head first like Superman to knock the ball out of the players hand and hit the floor about the free throw line and slid all the way under the basket. The crowd went nuts. No player has ever played harder than Andre Smith, at least that I was fortunate enough to watch in person.

Andre was my favorite player during my freshman year at Nebraska. There was one play that to me described how Andre played. There was a break away by the opponent and Andre came from under his own basket and sprinted as fast as he could, he was trailing the player with the ball and no one thought there was anyway he was going to make a play. As he approached the top of the circle he dove head first like Superman to knock the ball out of the players hand and hit the floor about the free throw line and slid all the way under the basket. The crowd went nuts. No player has ever played harder than Andre Smith, at least that I was fortunate enough to watch in person.
Man he wasn’t very old☹️

Reactions: baseball31ne
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT