ADVERTISEMENT

Riley VS Frost

zrob

Walk On
May 22, 2005
Which coach is better?

I honestly don't even know. 3 years in and Frost's team somehow look worse than when he took this bitch over, even with a 3rd year QB and good(ish) recruiting.
This is not a case where NU is close to turning the corner and getting things fixed, hell they don't even have a center who can get the ball to the QB.

If we take the full 3 years into account, Riley. But the last 3 games of Riley’s third year we lost by a combined score of 166-79. We’ve had the ball in the offense’s hands with a chance to win/tie against 2 top 25 teams this year, I do think we are better than the end of the Riley era, but that’s a really low bar.

One has a .531 winning percentage and the other one has a .537 winning percentage. So looking at the math, I would say Frost by .006.

If we take the full 3 years into account, Riley. But the last 3 games of Riley’s third year we lost by a combined score of 166-79. We’ve had the ball in the offense’s hands with a chance to win/tie against 2 top 25 teams this year, I do think we are better than the end of the Riley era, but that’s a really low bar.

Will add that once Eichorst was fired, Riley and the team knew he was a walking smiling dead man.

Riley took a winner and turned it into a loser. Frost hasn’t been able to turn a loser back into a winner. So I would say Frost is better, but both have been huge disappointments. Let’s hope better days are ahead.
There was soooo much complaining on this board that Riley was left with a "bare cupboard" because Bo couldn't recruit. No one gave him that benefit of the doubt in year 3. Riley did have a one good year, much more than can be said for Frost. Calibraska!!!!

Reactions: BleedRed78
There was soooo much complaining on this board that Riley was left with a "bare cupboard" because Bo couldn't recruit. No one gave him that benefit of the doubt in year 3. Riley did have a one good year, much more than can be said for Frost. Calibraska!!!!

Riley didn’t recruit any better if not worse than Pelini.. Where you going with this considering he wasn’t Accountable for any of his teams strength and conditioning.

Reactions: headcard
Riley didn’t recruit any better if not worse than Pelini.. Where you going with this considering he wasn’t Accountable for any of us teams strength and conditioning.
"Any of us teams"? Potato head - I'm telling you Riley was better than Frost! Even with the ice cream

I think Frost is still thebetter guy to reestablish a new(old) brand of football at NU. But Riley's teams won more; point blank. All depends what your measuring stick is. We haven't seen heart or toughness on a consistent basis since Bo.

I hated Riley. But at least he won a couple big games and went over .500. It was cool beating Oregon and a good Michigan State...

Reactions: CatColumbia
Riley took a winner and turned it into a loser. Frost hasn’t been able to turn a loser back into a winner. So I would say Frost is better, but both have been huge disappointments. Let’s hope better days are ahead.

Riley was completely neutered by the AD and athletic department on what type of player to get, etc.... Frost has complete 100% backing. I'd call it a push.

Riley was completely neutered by the AD and athletic department on what type of player to get, etc.... Frost has complete 100% backing. I'd call it a push.
Riley got a bad deal from the AD for sure. If he wasn’t forced to get rid of Banker, he might still be here.

If Riley vs Scott comes down to recruiting Scott sucks just as bad. You can’t fill classes with 3* and think the corner will be turned. Frost should have the moxie and swagger to turn recruiting upside down but he’s underwhelming big time. My biggest complaint BY FAR is recruiting. He needs a couple home runs to get ole mo moving in the right direction. If not we’re mired in mediocrity.

Who cares? I'm so fed up with this garbage these kinds of debates make me want to vomit.

Reactions: bradjens
Mike Riley brought experience, both good and bad. Scott Frost brought inexperience, but success at a non-P5 as a head coach.

In 2020, Scott Frost seems to be showing his inexperience and that was on display during today's post-game.

Ahead of Illinois, he and his staff clearly had prep issues and a bad week, climaxed in an ugly loss.

Which coach is better?

I honestly don't even know. 3 years in and Frost's team somehow look worse than when he took this bitch over, even with a 3rd year QB and good(ish) recruiting.
This is not a case where NU is close to turning the corner and getting things fixed, hell they don't even have a center who can get the ball to the QB.
Look at their records.

Mike Riley brought experience, both good and bad. Scott Frost brought inexperience, but success at a non-P5 as a head coach.

In 2020, Scott Frost seems to be showing his inexperience and that was on display during today's post-game.

Ahead of Illinois, he and his staff clearly had prep issues and a bad week, climaxed in an ugly loss.
that's because they climaxed in the sauna

Reactions: bradjens

Post-game?

Riley was left with more than Frost was IMO. That's part of the problem.

Riley was left with more than Frost was IMO. That's part of the problem.
Bullshit. Stanley Morgan, Tristan Gebbia, Devine Ozigbo, Tyjon Lindsey, JD Speilman, Davis Twins, Cole Conrad, Tanner Farmer. Frost had just as much talent to work with but he ran off all the fvcking talent for his Charmin soft offense.

Bullshit. Stanley Morgan, Tristan Gebbia, Devine Ozigbo, Tyjon Lindsey, JD Speilman, Davis Twins, Cole Conrad, Tanner Farmer. Frost had just as much talent to work with but he ran off all the fvcking talent for his Charmin soft offense.
Cole Conrad Laughing

ADVERTISEMENT