ADVERTISEMENT

Riley & Staff

Herbie83

All-American
Aug 26, 2014
Littleton, CO
Viewpoints on the coaching change and HCMR run the gamut, but are clearly mostly on the positive. I was certainly a Believer for a good long while, but completely soured on him and the last staff during the 2013 UCLA game. I gave him a second chance with his new paint job last year, but it became obvious early that it was just that: a new paint job with nothing substantively different underneath.

I was also very sour about the Riley hire when first announced, for which I owe him a huge apology.

With Riley's debut very near I thought it appropriate to go on record about his hire, performance to date, and long term outlook, IMO. I've been following the Huskers very closely since the 1967 football season. I've seen a lot of good things and a several bad, but the Huskers always seem to find a way to prosper, for the most part, despite whatever is going on around program.

I have never been so proud of Nebraska's HC, program and team as I am this very moment. He was a great hire and the AD really earned his salary by making this move. His age will never allow HCMR to stay around long enough to "build" a truly remarkable legacy "by the numbers," but I believe he will prove to be the most successful HC in Nebraska history, all the while setting a firm foundation for his successor to take the program onward and upward (most likely Langsdorf). This season will likely have a few rough spots, but the next 5 should be a very fun ride.

GBR! Smokin

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.