ADVERTISEMENT

Riley presser

Pretty hard to say offense is a bigger issue... I’d say it’s pretty equal, with defense really pushing for top honors of suckage now...
The offense is better than the defense, but that's like saying kissing a pig is better than kissing your sister.
This offense isn't built to win consistently, either.

Here is ucf's schedule this year.
Sat, Sep 16
vs
QSY_GsyIjs9BF1Wp0fxXhA_56x42.png
Georgia Tech
Cancelled
Sat, Sep 23
@
slQs86_Nh0qfMG1HFNa3aQ_56x42.png
Maryland
W 38 - 10
Final
Sat, Sep 30
vs
T5RB-UHzVT5XDFolsfgNsA_56x42.png
Maine
Cancelled
Sat, Sep 30
vs
tScw1OwDsHqyq3hLQGFp3w_56x42.png
Memphis
W 13 - 40
Final
Video Recap
Nx-amt14t00_192x108.jpg
youtube-white.svg

Sat, Oct 7
@
MoZXwoWIjt8UjTBwdPC2UA_56x42.png
Cincinnati
W 51 - 23
Final
Video Recap
zWS5gi2LKb4_192x108.jpg
youtube-white.svg

Sat, Oct 14
vs
cU3FVxkWbk6vdcStjPGgAg_56x42.png
East Carolina
W 21 - 63
Final
Video Recap
Hvym-BPKCm0_192x108.jpg
youtube-white.svg

Sat, Oct 21
@
vsxtvjkXvUznItjeoOys3g_56x42.png
Navy
W 31 - 21
Final
Video Recap
xRtckSXRFOQ_192x108.jpg
youtube-white.svg

Sat, Oct 28
vs
p10FcrFSMS4_byyr8mZheA_56x42.png
Austin Peay
W 33 - 73
Final
Video Recap
KVPbzgPuE0c_192x108.jpg
youtube-white.svg

Sat, Nov 4
@
PMhhstoyB9jeBz4-tRuJgw_56x42.png
SMU
W 31 - 24
Final
Sat, Nov 11
vs
IP6U2GnTURfg4fCK0VjFCg_56x42.png
Connecticut
W 24 - 49
Final

My worry with Frost is that the defense will still struggle. That is another discussion for another time though. We were talking about this team and the biggest issues.

Hey Tim, I just realized something. Riley's Husker record is now at 19-17. He has to win the next two games just to maintain his sterling 54% winning record he brought with him from Corvallis. How many Husker dollars is he taking back home with him? Finally will someone please confirm or deny whether Mike ever purchased and moved into a home in Lincoln? I am guessing Embassy Suites or a rental. Another question for everyone out there. Does his wife spend much time in Lincoln or does she spend most of her time back home in Corvallis? I think there is a direct correlation between the commitment he has shown to Lincoln and the state of Nebraska and the commitment he has made to coaching the football team. Very little.
What?!
You mean he never called the cable guy?
Well this explains so much...

Yes, you are a midget trying to get the glass off the shelf.
Wasn't NIU playing a backup QB?

Defense gave up 213 yards. Total.
Held them to 2.7 yards per rush.
Defense gave up 1 TD.

TLee chose to throw 3 ints. 2 of which were taken back for TDs

Defense did their part.

Reactions: HuskerDana
Defense gave up 1 TD.

Defense did their part.
I agree overall.
But that last drive lost the game.
Offense can't all be blamed on lee either.

Defense gave up 1 TD.

Defense did their part.
For once. Makes sense Diaco would have a screen name “Yolobomb.” Good job yesterday, giving up 514 to the 109th ranked offense in fbs. 409 on the ground alone. And this season has been a season of breaking the wrong kind of records.

There is absolutely no defending (haha) this defensive staff.

Last edited:
Hey Tim, I just realized something. Riley's Husker record is now at 19-17. He has to win the next two games just to maintain his sterling 54% winning record he brought with him from Corvallis. How many Husker dollars is he taking back home with him? Finally will someone please confirm or deny whether Mike ever purchased and moved into a home in Lincoln? I am guessing Embassy Suites or a rental. Another question for everyone out there. Does his wife spend much time in Lincoln or does she spend most of her time back home in Corvallis? I think there is a direct correlation between the commitment he has shown to Lincoln and the state of Nebraska and the commitment he has made to coaching the football team. Very little.

Hey I'm a big critic of the Riley hire based on his past performance and his capabilities of being a great winning coach. However I would never question his commitment to it or the effort. I could care less where he lives. We all know the story of him having bought the house and their attempts to make it livable with his wife's respiratory problem. Commitment, professionalism, and Sincerity are certainly aspiring personal traits he brought to the table.

The offense is better than the defense, but that's like saying kissing a pig is better than kissing your sister.
This offense isn't built to win consistently, either.
Total offense rated 77
Total defense rated 82
Scoring offense 90
Scoring defense
My worry with Frost is that the defense will still struggle. That is another discussion for another time though. We were talking about this team and the biggest issues.
109th in scoring defense........really not sure how it can get much worse.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
and then iowa will pound us just as bad
Thought about adding Iowa as well, but 66 yards of total offense yesterday? 5 first downs? I know it’s too much to hope that they have a similar game against us, but maybe they trip over their own feet throughout the game and we actually improve some... a BIG maybe...

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Thought about adding Iowa as well, but 66 yards of total offense yesterday? 5 first downs? I know it’s too much to hope that they have a similar game against us, but maybe they trip over their own feet throughout the game and we actually improve some... a BIG maybe...

minnesota is worse than Iowa on offense.

For once. Makes sense Diaco would have a screen name “Yolobomb.” Good job yesterday, giving up 514 to the 109th ranked offense in fbs. 409 on the ground alone. And this season has been a season of breaking the wrong kind of records.

There is absolutely no defending (haha) this defensive staff.

Pay me more than $800k and see what happens.

Yeah, $800/yr is rough. How do you deal? You’ll actually have an inverse relationship, and give up 800 yds rushing?

I hydrate off Husker fan tears RollingLaugh

It's a fine line though, even what I see on the field sickens me. Got to be careful or I'll be in the locker room with Tanner.

We've got more talent on the roster than both of those teams. Our defensive coaching was terrible, we're playing 2 freshmen in the O line and I think a Gates was over rated. We've got a very good base to build from.
I disagree with anyone contends we have more talent than the teams that keep beating us. The only people who say this or believe it are the Nebraska fans that say it. Look at all conf teams since we’ve joined this conf. We don’t have more talent.

Close, but not quite... after NIU I was ready for change. I still defended Riley the person, but that was when I stopped defending his continued and future employment at Nebraska.

I was defending like crazy even after the Oregon game. NIU broke me.
Again, @oldjar07.

Yep, missed the boat terribly on that one, didn’t I? I knew that he would be better here. Just knew it deep down in my heart! We had better resources, tradition, etc...

Guys like Saban got better when they moved on... Riley would improve too. Not as far as Saban, but he would bring us back to respectability.

What a sucker I turned out to be.
@oldjar07. Do I need to continue? I stopped supporting Riley the coach after NIU.

Reactions: bigboxes
I don't recall Lee being under a lot of pressure on either pick he threw. But yeah, I had great hopes for the OL under Cav, but man, something wasn't right there.
Pretty sure he was hit while releasing the ball on one of his picks

Pretty sure he was hit while releasing the ball on one of his picks
I think you are right. I just downsized our house for a move and threw away every televised game I recorded since 1984, so I can't review the tape. However, as I recall he held the ball way too long, it would have been an easy completion if he had thrown it one second earlier, and anyway, NU had like a 2nd and 4 and attempted twp passes. It was a fail and I don't think the primary culprit was the OL.

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT