ADVERTISEMENT

Riley presser

is just plain sad,
Honestly, I do feel a little bad for him. I hate how this program has gone down the crapper, I hate that this might be the worst team I’ve seen in my 46 years of existence, and I hate how this is turning into our new “normal.” But I do feel for him as he’s in way over his head and from what I’ve heard, that he’s facing other issues as well (if true).

Honestly, I do feel a little bad for him. I hate how this program has gone down the crapper, I hate that this might be the worst team I’ve seen in my 46 years of existence, and I hate how this is turning into our new “normal.” But I do feel for him as he’s in way over his head and from what I’ve heard, that he’s facing other issues as well (if true).
I did feel bad but not anymore. Riley sucks and I can't wait until black Friday when he'll be officially gone!!!

Sorry - Don’t feel bad for him. I do feel bad for what he has done to Nebraska football.

He took the job. He chose to go down in flames in the National spotlight. If he would have stayed in Corvallis, he would have been fired and nobody would have noticed. His choice.

Riley, Diaco and the others can’t be relieved of their duties fast enough. The staff has quit and the team followed suit.
I agree. After the NIU game and the Eichorst firing, only a few diehards on this board thought Riley had a chance to come back. His whole staff knew that they were going to get fired. And it shows

I agree. After the NIU game and the Eichorst firing, only a few diehards on this board thought Riley had a chance to come back. His whole staff knew that they were going to get fired. And it shows
Some of us had hope that we could still turn things around and win the division. Those darned rose colored glasses were obviously fogged over.

Not say... Minnesota or Northwestern talent, but some talent anyhow.
We've got more talent on the roster than both of those teams. Our defensive coaching was terrible, we're playing 2 freshmen in the O line and I think a Gates was over rated. We've got a very good base to build from.

Im not a Rilwy expert but this has to be one of his worst teams ever. Ouch
Crazy, considering all the resources he has compared to OSU. That was a passive-aggressive comment, however, it’s actually true.

As they say for coaches with a two decade, .500 record: “If it looks like a duck, and walks like a duck...”

Crazy, considering all the resources he has compared to OSU. That was a passive-aggressive comment, however, it’s actually true.

As they say for coaches with a two decade, .500 record: “If it looks like a duck, and walks like a duck...”
no. IF it looks like a beaver and walks like a beaver. I think actually the second part is supposed to be quacks like a duck...it's probably a duck.

Reactions: Husker-NJ
A staff that is engaged spends 70 hours a week at work, watching film, preparing, recruiting...does it seem like this staff is that engaged? The reason they get paid millions is because of the insane hours, and the likelihood that they will be fired in the short term. I cannot imagine Riley spending 10-12 hours a day working on film, teaching, recruiting, and scheming...

Actually, he’s .500 over 3 decades of being a head coach. Became a HC in 1987 and 30 years later, is 5 games above .500 for his HC career.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT