ADVERTISEMENT

Ride or Die with underclassmen

arvadahusker

First Team All-Big Ten
Nov 12, 2004
Davis’s, HIXSON, Farniok Damien Daniels. Jackson, Bootle, Barry, Mike Williams ETC. need to sit and prepare themselves for life after football. Riley’s guys are mostly lazy with no heart.

Reactions: jeans15
so we aren't going to make the big 10 championship game? Mo Barry said we would. rats

Hixson has two years of eligibility left, Farniok one, Bootle one. I would rather find a way to put them in a position to help us, unless someone can pass them. I could see Hixson getting passed up, but hard to to imagine the other two without big roles. Maybe their roles change, Farniok to OG, Bootle to Nickel, etc. But I’m sure they will be on the field a lot.

Davis’s, HIXSON, Farniok Damien Daniels. Jackson, Bootle, Barry, Mike Williams ETC. need to sit and prepare themselves for life after football. Riley’s guys are mostly lazy with no heart.
Jackson and Bootle are not the problem. Damien Daniels is not a problem at all. Barry is a problem just from his size and maybe talent. Not attitude. Mike Williams just isn't very smart. Hixson IS a young guy. He's just a soph and there's no problem with his attitude. Anybody else you want to call out?

2017 class has almost nobody left, 2018 class has some guys that can fill in but it was not a strong class outside of AM, Mo, Cam...and we had a bunch of jucos that are gone. 2019 class is redshirting, and needs to redshirt...you don't burn an entire senior season just to replace decent players in an attempt to win 6 games. This is where the losses from the 2017 class really hurt. But...it will be forgotten in a few years.

Reactions: jedimasterjed
Jackson and Bootle are not the problem. Damien Daniels is not a problem at all. Barry is a problem just from his size and maybe talent. Not attitude. Mike Williams just isn't very smart. Hixson IS a young guy. He's just a soph and there's no problem with his attitude. Anybody else you want to call out?

That's nice that Hixson has a good attitude, but he's not a D1-caliber player.

Reactions: jeans15
Williams isn’t a Riley guy, The best possible thing for this program is to win two more games and get to a bowl, you get like 60 hours of extra practice which gets a look at the underclassmen. And you get to showcase your program. I’d rather them do what they can to get that compared to tossing kids in cold for 4 hours of game time.

Hixson has two years of eligibility left, Farniok one, Bootle one. I would rather find a way to put them in a position to help us, unless someone can pass them. I could see Hixson getting passed up, but hard to to imagine the other two without big roles. Maybe their roles change, Farniok to OG, Bootle to Nickel, etc. But I’m sure they will be on the field a lot.

next year I’m hoping we see Bryce Benhart at tackle and slide Farniok over to guard (where he belongs). That their will help our Oline a lot. Benhart might have growing pains early on but that’s to be expected.

With Bootle and that Secondary next year, we will have D Williams back and 100%. That should free Cam Taylor-Britt to go back to CB along with D Bootle and Q. Newsome. And we return a solid Dismuke. We will also see N Pola-Gates and Myles Farmer break our next year back there too.

We will have a younger set of LBs ready to play then. If C Miller and Honas don’t keep progressing I could easily see N Henrichs and J Hannah jump them. And it wouldn’t bother me a bit to see it happen either. Those two are our future at ILB.

I’m hoping we see Nick Henrichs and Jackson Hannah get plenty of snaps next year. Those two are our back bone on the defensive side for the future. I love what I see at OLB in Blaise Gunnerson, G Nelson and C. Tannor. Plus we will see Pola-Gates and M Farmer in the secondary along with Cam Taylor-Brit and Q Newsome. We got some ballers coming up (then we ad guys like Henry Gray and those other two Miami Florida prospects).

Reactions: dinglefritz
Haven't heard much about Hannah, he may need some more time. Heinrich has been hurt so his development has been stunted a bit. I'd like to see us get a decent JUCO ILB

Reactions: HominidHusker
Haven't heard much about Hannah, he may need some more time. Heinrich has been hurt so his development has been stunted a bit. I'd like to see us get a decent JUCO ILB

we heard about Hannah during the the fall camps and stuff like that. But since the season started that’s when it stopped. But I get that, it’s because the focus and everything is on the current starters because we all knew those two would redshirt. Henrichs is an absolute stud and talent. He maybe behind the ball a little bit but that pure athleticism should help him catch up this off season. Or catch up at least some. We do return Collin Miller and Honas. Henrichs is going to be a great one for us.

And Stoll also said we would be scoring 50+ per game
Grow the F...up...why would a grown ass man listen to a 19 or 20 year old kid...unless he has led an unit in Iraq, or Afghanistan these kids have done nothing but finish high school and play football at a mediocre level. I feel bad for them because they shouldn't be at Nebraska, and their kind won't be at NU again as long as Frost is coach. I would be pissed if we had a bunch of top draft picks who were slacking and costing us games...we don't have anybody with talent in the junior or senior classes...therefore our freshman have to pick up the slack which equalizes us with the bottom of the big 10. Suck it up...grow up and wait for the team to actually get built. You can't be so stupid to think that "rebuild' meant 1.5 years. Right?

Grow the F...up...why would a grown ass man listen to a 19 or 20 year old kid...unless he has led an unit in Iraq, or Afghanistan these kids have done nothing but finish high school and play football at a mediocre level. I feel bad for them because they shouldn't be at Nebraska, and their kind won't be at NU again as long as Frost is coach. I would be pissed if we had a bunch of top draft picks who were slacking and costing us games...we don't have anybody with talent in the junior or senior classes...therefore our freshman have to pick up the slack which equalizes us with the bottom of the big 10. Suck it up...grow up and wait for the team to actually get built. You can't be so stupid to think that "rebuild' meant 1.5 years. Right?

nailed it on the head brotha. Our juniors and seniors aren’t very good at all (anyone not named JD Speilman and Lamar Jackson anyways). Our best players are literally true sophomores and freshmen (RS or true).

Reactions: headcard
Are you telling ME to grow up? Wow. Was just pointing out that the kids were confident going into the year. I have been on record as saying that our next “run” will be when Martinez is a senior.

we heard about Hannah during the the fall camps and stuff like that. But since the season started that’s when it stopped. But I get that, it’s because the focus and everything is on the current starters because we all knew those two would redshirt. Henrichs is an absolute stud and talent. He maybe behind the ball a little bit but that pure athleticism should help him catch up this off season. Or catch up at least some. We do return Collin Miller and Honas. Henrichs is going to be a great one for us.

Concerned early about Heinrichs staying healthy to have a career, if he can, he brings alot of intangibles that have been missing at ILB

Shoulder as a LB is a big deal...plus the knee

again I’m sure he’s fine. I don’t remember hearing much about it being a huge issue, it being more of a precautionary clean up type deal. This one, this issue...I’m 100% confident he will be fine and back to his old self...even by now.

Don’t sleep on Caden McCormick and Luke Reimer to contribute to the LB competition next year.
I’m obviously not gonna make any bold predictions, just will be good to have some athletic LBs to help push the room.
Isn’t Snodgrass also at ILB or did they leave him at OLB?

Reactions: dinglefritz
That's nice that Hixson has a good attitude, but he's not a D1-caliber player.
What is sad is that he's evidently the best we have right now. It IS POSSIBLE that Hixson turns in to a good D-1 guard for us. He's just been pressed in to service earlier than he would have during Tom's tenure.

Concerned early about Heinrichs staying healthy to have a career, if he can, he brings alot of intangibles that have been missing at ILB
He's had surgery and is rehabbing right? He should be good to go next spring. With some of the surgical procedures we have now, he'll probably be fine.

Don’t sleep on Caden McCormick and Luke Reimer to contribute to the LB competition next year.
I’m obviously not gonna make any bold predictions, just will be good to have some athletic LBs to help push the room.
Snodgrass is listed as an ILB but I think he's athletic enough to slide outside. Smart athletic kid.

Snod is at ILB

The same old "plugging in names" and expecting them to automatically be good. I remember reading the concern about replacing WR's and OL this year and the response was "oh, there is talent there, Hixson will step up and Frost says this and that about Jurgens and the other three have lots of experience" and "we have recruited speed at WR so replacing Morgan won't be a problem". Well, it was. Put names in there all you want but it doesn't make them play better. The big issue is there is no pipeline (not just OL) to keep things filled up with replacements when someone leaves or goes down. Sure, I can put names on a message board but it doesn't mean anything. Play on field does.

Williams isn’t a Riley guy, The best possible thing for this program is to win two more games and get to a bowl, you get like 60 hours of extra practice which gets a look at the underclassmen. And you get to showcase your program. I’d rather them do what they can to get that compared to tossing kids in cold for 4 hours of game time.

I believe he was responsible for not picking up the man that caused Vedral to fumble which may explain his absence in the second half.

These upperclassmen are going to get us to 4-8

Benching players and firing everybody that the message boards, all of them, get infected with every time a team loses a game is never the right answer. It seems like there are a lot of people who either don't understand the importance of redshirting or want to ignore it because they care more about one more win this season than they do long-term success of the redshirting class.

We literally had to put a former TE at the center spot and let him learn on the job. Literally. He has grown a ton this season. He, along with the freshman offensive lineman, are the future of the OL. But until those guys are ready you will be having the older guys playing. Next year we may very well see 1 frosh, 1 soph, and maybe even another frosh on the OL (doubtful), and then older guys.

We know the linebackers are not good. But why on earth would you want to risk Henrich getting hurt again, harming yet another year, instead of letting him fully heal? Hannah is going to be a very good player but is redshirting. The kid that transferred in from Colorado State will likely be a major factor at linebacker next year.

On DL we just have to wait out until these seniors are graduated. The Twins ARE a problem this year, but the grad transfer is no.

The DB's are massively improved under Frisher but it doesn't matter if you have 4 Dion Sanders back there playing if you can't get pass rush. If the QB always has time to throw on every pass you are going to get eaten alive in the pass game. Frost KNOWS that. He is working hard to try and get pass rush into the program. And guess what, TN is trying to do the same exact thing - find pass rushers.

Reactions: NebChicago
And Stoll also said we would be scoring 50+ per game
Once thing we are finding out so far under Frost, the team doesn't lack self confidence or the ability to talk. I just don't thing the abilities, talent, and coaching are able to match.

ADVERTISEMENT