ADVERTISEMENT

Rickey Thenarse gets 3-6

If Ricky could steal 5 tvs, and get 100 dollars for each TV.................................................. carry the three............. minus 11................................................. that would be like five hundred bucks!

In order to make that statement, you must know what the standard sentence is for a similar crime, and that his sentence deviates from that standard. Please share your knowledge on the matter.

I can't speak specifically for Lancaster County sentencing, but a lot of you would be shocked at just how damn hard it is to get someone into prison (not county jail, but prison), especially for a property crime such as a burglary.

3-6 years for two burglaries? Wow. I've been involved in investigations where people have done way worse than that and got county jail time, which typically means less than one year. A few years ago a group of us caught a guy doing a business burglary, arrested him, and put him in jail. Before that case was over, a couple months later, caught him with a stolen car, put him back in jail. Before those cases were over, a few months later, caught him breaking into another business. I can't say for certain, but I think his sentence was less than RT's.

It always cracks me up when I hear people say that someone got off easy, or, "If I did that they'd throw the book at me!" As far as his sentence of 3-6, yes expect him to be out in a little over 18 months. And I highly doubt that he got off easy in regards to similar situations, or that this was a Hometown Husker discount.

As far as I know, not much has changed with Nebraska's "Good Time" laws since this article came out.

http://www.omaha.com/news/good-time...cle_3e5065b6-71e1-504e-a8c1-0dd4c0d4a4d1.html

The guy obviously has nothing better to do, might as well rot in prison. Get a job you fvcking loser.

ADVERTISEMENT