ADVERTISEMENT

Ricketts Allows Takeout Sales of Mixed Drinks

Visited a friend in Lafayette, LA several years ago. She teaches at the Univ of Louisiana - Lafayette (aka ULaLa). While driving me around town, we went to a drive-through bar. Ha! They taped the lid on the cup and told us not to open it until we got home (wink wink). Had some incredible gumbo at a hole-in-the-wall place.

Anyone remember the drive thru liquor store in downtown Millard? When I was a kid my dad would always drive thru. You pulled into essentially a car port they had a sliding window, you placed your order and out it came. It must have been around until close to 1980 or so.

Anyone remember the drive thru liquor store in downtown Millard? When I was a kid my dad would always drive thru. You pulled into essentially a car port they had a sliding window, you placed your order and out it came. It must have been around until close to 1980 or so.

MILLARD AVENUE PACKAGE!!!!! I think??

Honestly, this is a really stupid idea.

I understand that he's doing this to boost income for restaurants, but I fear that it's ultimately asking for trouble. Imagine the outrage when someone gets killed by a drunk driver that just purchased a drink to-go...

Reactions: HuskerHusaria
Iowa had them after Nebraska pulled the plug - just like 2-fers. Was one of those that was legal in Iowa two years before Nebraska. We used to hit the drive thru liquor stores in CB. Pull into the building/garage, pay, and they would load it into your car.

I understand that he's doing this to boost income for restaurants, but I fear that it's ultimately asking for trouble. Imagine the outrage when someone gets killed by a drunk driver that just purchased a drink to-go...
If someone's going to order booze with a takeout food order and consume enough of it on his way home to get drunk, I'm going to go way out on a limb and say that he was already going to find a way to get blasted, regardless of the purchase method.

Absolutely no different than picking up a fresh sixer at Kwik Shop when you fill up with gas...and the chances of one of them tops getting popped in my car on the way home are about 100%...so I don't think this changes that much in all honesty.

Clutch those pearls.

God forbid cancer patients light up a joint in this state though.
Well then they would have another risk factor for dying from COVID-19. Personally I wouldn't care about that if it actually had any medicinal value. It's only possible value is as an anxiolytic or in providing a placebo effect. But hey, by all means smoke em if you got em. I just don't want them peddling MJ brownies to my kids in every street corner head shop in town.

Well then they would have another risk factor for dying from COVID-19. Personally I wouldn't care about that if it actually had any medicinal value. It's only possible value is as an anxiolytic or in providing a placebo effect. But hey, by all means smoke em if you got em. I just don't want them peddling MJ brownies to my kids in every street corner head shop in town.

Where do you want your kids to get their MJ brownies from? Because they will if they want them.

Reactions: tdierberger
Cool, next time I swing past the chemo ward I'll be sure to pop in and say, sorry about the crippling nausea folks but some dude on a sports message board once read an article that reinforced his already pre-existing belief system that pot bad. He mansplained it really well, so that's gunna trump your doctor and your own personal experiences, ok? Sorry but thems the breaks losers. Now back to the vomit bags youalls.

Also, I'm pretty sure doctors aren't hanging out on street corners with their prescription pads trying to get your dorky kids high. They're not the alcohol or cigarette lobby.

Love that place!! One of the few places that sell Platinum...and the Platinum bottle on their display shelf was drank by yours truly...look at it, it's the old style with the old label. They leave it up out of respect...to me :)

In college we used to go to Don and Millies to pre-game. A good burger and dollar long necks. The problem was that each person would order 6 beers when they ordered their food. So we’d have a table full of beers while we ate. And they don’t have servers so they didn't clear the table as we drank them. So everybody else in the place would see a bunch of college kids with a table completely covered in beers, drinking them as fast as they could as they ate their meals with their kids.

In college we used to go to Don and Millies to pre-game. A good burger and dollar long necks. The problem was that each person would order 6 beers when they ordered their food. So we’d have a table full of beers while we ate. And they don’t have servers so they didn't clear the table as we drank them. So everybody else in the place would see a bunch of college kids with a table completely covered in beers, drinking them as fast as they could as they ate their meals with their kids.

Ha!!!!

They used to have all of these drive thru margarita places in Texas. 32 oz margaritas for a hot summer day really hits the spot

They used to have all of these drive thru margarita places in Texas. 32 oz margaritas for a hot summer day really hits the spot

I was on the Riverwalk in San Antonio a few months ago and saw peoole walking around with margaritas, never seen that before. Texas rules.

We can get takeout drinks in Texas since the 19th, day after bars and restaurants were shutdown for dine in

Reactions: bigboxes

The wife and I made El Bees margaritas last night at home. Damn they hit the spot. And it only takes two of those bad boys.

I was on the Riverwalk in San Antonio a few months ago and saw peoole walking around with margaritas, never seen that before. Texas rules.

The riverwalk is awesome! I was there at tree lighting in 2017. We had a hotel across the street from the park in downtown San Antonio.

When I first moved to Texas back in 1984, it was legal to drink a couple of beers on the drive home.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT