ADVERTISEMENT

Rhule sues Panthers

I don't know anything about the situation, but I'm betting the panthers are being total a holes here. They are lucky Rhule wanted to work again because they would have owed him a lot mote than that.
Pure greed. Rhule saved them $29 mil by taking the Nebraska job but they don't want to pay him the $5 mil balance. It's hard to find a collective group I dislike more than professional sports franchise owners. Maybe hedge fund managers. Oh wait, Tepper is in both groups.

I assume he has hired a lawyer.
jackie GIF

I don’t mind someone getting what’s owed them

But I do wish it was being handled privately

Reactions: scarletred
I mean, I get both sides of it.

We kind of obviously backloaded his contract. Going from 5.5 mil to 12.5 mil at the end. Smart for us and for him, but can't completely blame the Panthers for trying to call shenanigans. No real reason to structure it that way aside from trying to maximize what he gets from them as opposed to us with the buyout situation.

On the other hand, nothing illegal was done and it seems like this had kind of been negotiated beforehand? One other issue is from what I read the contract kind of makes it sound like the clause applies to NFL teams, not necessarily college teams. I'll be interested to see how it shakes out.

Nebraska is picking up $30M of the money they owe him, and a billionaire owner is still trying to avoid paying him $5M. What a jackass.
Billionaires don't like getting dragged, and Rhule hasn't been exactly taking his firing with 100% humility. He's done it very subtly, but the message I've heard him say numerous times is "I was told I had 5 years and I got 2 years and 5 games." IE Tepper is a liar. He was also asked what he'd do differently and he basically said, "choose a different situation." IE Tepper is a moron. Maybe Tepper is just trying to put him in his place? I don't see it working, Rhule will definitely win in the court of public opinion anywhere outside of the Carolina fanbase.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT