ADVERTISEMENT

Rhule N

Hearing panthers don't want to pay more than $3./ yr to Rhule if he does take another job.

That shouldn’t be an issue at all. They owe him like $8.8/yr. $5.8 could be below market value based on some of the recent extensions I’ve seen.

Reactions: Matrix Husker
Did Trev just pay Rhule $9MM per year to beat Northwestern and Purdue but get our ass handed to us by Ohio St, Michigan, PSU, USC, and likey UCLA?

Wow Trev is an idiot. Maybe I need to go back and rewatch old college game days to see if my hate for Mark May is unjustified

WTF are you taking about? The guy was an OT FG from going to the playoffs at Baylor.

WTF are you taking about? The guy was an OT FG from going to the playoffs at Baylor.
Don't waste your braincells arguing them, mate.

These dumbasses still think its 1998 and we can get ANY coach we want not that we're 24-49 in the last 73 games, not made a bowl since 2017 and the laughing stock of college football.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
They don’t necessarily control his destiny I don’t believe. I think it depends on how badly they want to go to court to resolve it. Personally I think Rhule’s agent wants a longer term contract with a bigger guarantee

I read the sticking points were over assistant salary pool and the buyout. But a lot of people are just throwing things out there, so who knows.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I read the sticking points were over assistant salary pool and the buyout. But a lot of people are just throwing things out there, so who knows.
Buyout on a new contract basically equals length of contract and/or dollar guarantee. That’s the most logical thing all coaches want beyond the biggest annual salary they can get. I commend Trev if he’s trying to keep a contract to a max of 5 years. Anything beyond that and doesn’t make any sense.

The college head coaches I’ve talked to contract length was always a huge deal. They didn’t to have to move their family every couple of years.

I wonder how much they paid the quote unquote Search Firm for this. Seems like we could have just offered MR 2.0 some cracker jacks to join us on the sidelines the very next day after that lazy loser SF 1.0 got fired.

Seems like nobody in the football department wants to work hard and they like to waste alot of money. Rinse and Repeat 3.0.
You don’t understand how a search is conducted and how much vetting goes on. A search firm often is able to unearth interested candidates that wouldn’t express interest otherwise. Our AD wouldn’t have the resources to contact the number of people the search firm did confidentially let alone properly vet them.

You don’t understand how a search is conducted and how much vetting goes on. A search firm often is able to unearth interested candidates that wouldn’t express interest otherwise. Our AD wouldn’t have the resources to contact the number of people the search firm did confidentially let alone properly vet them.
I agree. It's definitely worthwhile IMO to hire a reputable search firm. Saving a few bucks on the search is a fool's savings when you consider all the costs of making the wrong choice.

I agree. It's definitely worthwhile IMO to hire a reputable search firm. Saving a few bucks on the search is a fool's savings when you consider all the costs of making the wrong choice.
There’s been a couple of instances lately where coaches have been hired then it came out later that they had some problems that should have eliminated them from the candidate pool. Search firms can help prevent unpleasant surprises

If it really is Rhule I am ok with it. At the very least it means we won’t be scrambling for a desperation hire with all of our main candidates turning us down.
He’s a darned good coach who has coached both O and D line. People need to get it out of their head that there’s a hire who can come in here and turn us in to Alabama in 2-3 years.

also, I will comment on a tax payer funded state school, as I see fit...
this is not about attention. this is about doing things right...
if you think 3 wins is doing things right, your not playing with a full deck..
if you think not going to a bowl for..how long has it been, your not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
so cast all the aspurtions you wish...it won't change the fact I'm right about this.
I'm sorry, were you right about ANYTHING you posted up to this point? Stop being so God damn delusional. You sound like an Iowa fan.

Reactions: TheNewNU
Rhule has proven to be a good college coach. Not sure if the spread RPO offense he ran at Baylor will work well here, or if he will run more of a power I offense like he did at Temple. But at least he has shown an ability to adapt his offense to the personnel he has.

I wonder how much they paid the quote unquote Search Firm for this. Seems like we could have just offered MR 2.0 some cracker jacks to join us on the sidelines the very next day after that lazy loser SF 1.0 got fired.

Seems like nobody in the football department wants to work hard and they like to waste alot of money. Rinse and Repeat 3.0.
I realize everyone has a right to an opinion but so many feeble assumptions are made in this post that makes it easy to dismiss as serious.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Rhule has proven to be a good college coach. Not sure if the spread RPO offense he ran at Baylor will work well here, or if he will run more of a power I offense like he did at Temple. But at least he has shown an ability to adapt his offense to the personnel he has.
And to the conference he's in to boot

if brady is oc and snow is dc for rhule.
where would mickey fit in? would he continue at wr coach?
and maybe recruiting cordinator?

if brady is oc and snow is dc for rhule.
where would mickey fit in? would he continue at wr coach?
and maybe recruiting cordinator?
Mickey is a great WR coach and recruiting coordinator as well as a good assistant head coach. BUT he's not an OC or head coach. People need to stick with their strengths.

Great post! It DOES make a lot of sence.
another thing I'm wondering is I hear rhule hired some high school coaches as assitants, during his rebuilds at temple and baylor.
which makes me wonder if the reason was the coaches or the possible access to the recruits under them coaches? I never followed owl or baylor football or the high schools ties they had.
but if we hire a raolia, maybe it's something to do with connections?

another thing I'm wondering is I hear rhule hired some high school coaches as assitants, during his rebuilds at temple and baylor.
which makes me wonder if the reason was the coaches or the possible access to the recruits under them coaches? I never followed owl or baylor football or the high schools ties they had.
but if we hire a raolia, maybe it's something to do with connections?
Yes! That would be genius! We are playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers! GBR!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT