ADVERTISEMENT

Rhule is Already Working..

This is not a good example at all.
it's a great example, just not in the way that guy intended it

Palmer not only was obviously a raw talent coming out of HS, he remains a project to this day - one day after declaring for the NFL Draft

finding kids with elite attributes (speed, quickness, strength, whatever) but aren't polished or even average football players is literally what everyone is talking about when they type the catch-all term "development"

it's a great example, just not in the way that guy intended it

Palmer not only was obviously a raw talent coming out of HS, he remains a project to this day - one day after declaring for the NFL Draft

finding kids with elite attributes (speed, quickness, strength, whatever) but aren't polished or even average football players is literally what everyone is talking about when they type the catch-all term "development"
Yes like I said not a good example in the way he intended it. Palmer is obviously not a true freshman. That is all.

Trey Palmer is a 21 yo junior. The aforementioned is a high schooler..
he also remains a giant project for whichever team ends up with him next year

about as inconsistent as it gets from a hands/release/route running/effort standpoint

the guy who said he's not a project is dead wrong

Reactions: Walleye79

about as inconsistent as it gets from a hands/release/route running/effort standpoint

Good thing you listed hands first. Great on deep balls but very iffy on anything in traffic.

Reactions: king_kong_
Is Nebraska willing to offer one million NIL over four years? I heard he is getting that million guaranteed at Okie State and Nebraska wouldn't match it. Just what I heard.
Crazy how much college football has changed. It is just a professional minor league now.

I mean, is Oklahoma State going to put that guarantee in a contract?

Reactions: baseball31ne
Crazy how much college football has changed. It is just a professional minor league now.

I mean, is Oklahoma State going to put that guarantee in a contract?
Okie State won't put it in a contract because they aren't paying him the NIL money. But, I would assume whomever is going to be using his name/likeness for promotional purposes will have a signed contract with the stipulation that he is a member of the Okie State football team.

Again, in the context of the thread about a high school senior....what does this have to do with anything?

That LSU squad could have easily lost 3 or 4 games that year. They are extremely overrated. Several Nebraska, Alabama, and Miami squads would have punked them.
LOL..They beat 5 teams rated in the final AP top 10..Only had three close games, 45-38 over texass in Austin and 23-20 win against Auburn and beat Bama who was ranked #3 46-41…After that game they blew everyone out.

There hasn’t been any team that beat 5 teams in the final Top 10..

• Haha
Reactions: Mr.Scary13
LOL..They beat 5 teams rated in the final AP top 10..Only had three close games, 45-38 over texass in Austin and 23-20 win against Auburn and beat Bama who was ranked #3 46-41…After that game they blew everyone out.

There hasn’t been any team that beat 5 teams in the final Top 10..

Lol, their defense was hot garbage. Come to think of it the SC squad with Bush would have probably hung 60 on them.

• Haha
Reactions: scarletred
This is a stupid question. But how does MR as the new headcoach know who to offer on day 1 or day 2? He hasn't had time to evaluate. Is he going off Mickey?

Reactions: dsmalls3
95 Nebraska would beat 2019 LSU by at least 3 touchdowns. 94 and 97 Nebraska would be fun to watch vs 2019 LSU.
You’re really delusional if you think they would win by 3 TD.. you’re not even being close to being realistic..

This is a stupid question. But how does MR as the new headcoach know who to offer on day 1 or day 2? He hasn't had time to evaluate. Is he going off Mickey?
I’m guessing he’s done some homework on his own and/or with the aid of some contacts.
But it’s a good sign that he’s moving quick.

Probably by conferring with someone who is "currently" in the college game, like I don't know maybe our probable next DC, Geoff Collins.

Sweet. Another mid 3*. Some things will never change.

Lol, do some actual research and see how Rhule recruits. 7, might have been 8 players, went to the NFL from Rhule’s transition class at Baylor. It was ranked like 65th in the country (I actually made that up, but know it was not good rank).

Reactions: BleedRed78

This is kind of a stupid question, but compared to others in this board, I’ll give you a pass. ;-)

One of the reasons Rhule is such a great hire for Nebraska is he understands we are at a recruiting disadvantage vs OSU, Michigan, etc. so he’s not going to try and out-recruit them.

He tracks high school track speeds, and you are able to purchase a database as a subscription. This is like 60% of high school football players, bc a lot of them do track. He looks for freak athletes (also certain body types for certain positions) that aren’t very developed as football players and are likely being overlooked by most programs. He feels confident he will be able to develop their football skills. He was really good at it at Temple and Baylor and sent a ton of guys to the league. Way more than Nebraska with all of our top 25 classes that never pan out.

He pry pulled up a list last night from the database, and had a “hit list” of recruits he wanted to reach out to in a few hours.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT