ADVERTISEMENT

Rhule can handle this

Rhule shouldn’t have to handle this
Trev should field all questions

MJ wasn’t Rhule’s guy
I am sure that the administrative aspect will be handled by Trev. Unfortunately, the current roster aspect is something MR will have to handle, I'm sure. Certainly, a weird deal to have to take over at the beginning of your tenure.

I am sure that the administrative aspect will be handled by Trev. Unfortunately, the current roster aspect is something MR will have to handle, I'm sure. Certainly, a weird deal to have to take over at the beginning of your tenure.
Yeah, we had all this excitement after the press conference with Rhule, and now bam! Scandal!

I would say we sidestepped a landmine by not giving Joseph the head coaching job like some wanted.

I feel sick about it all though.

Rhule shouldn’t have to handle this
Trev should field all questions

MJ wasn’t Rhule’s guy

Yeah what's there to handle?
Rhule will need to deal with the fallout of a mentor/father figure being arrested and accused of strangulation and 3rd degree domestic. Those guys are going to be hurting. Rhule can help them process and deal with it.

Rhule will need to deal with the fallout of a mentor/father figure being arrested and accused of strangulation and 3rd degree domestic. Those guys are going to be hurting. Rhule can help them process and deal with it.
K. Gotcha. Small potatoes compared to Baylor mess though.

Reactions: HuskerDana
There’s other support people and counselors who the players know that are better equipped to deal with it. None of the guys know Rhule yet.

Rhule had to deal with the craziness at Baylor. I am sure he can deal with the MJ situation and be there for the players who no doubt look up to him.
Not up to Rhule to handle.

And, in fact, not much for NU to do at all except maybe issue a brief press release. Mickey isn't an active part of the team any more so NU should stay out of it for the most part. There's nothing to be gained except for condemning domestic violence and wishing the family can heal/solve their problems. Let the relatives of the family work with the Josephs.

Last edited:
This actually can be a gift in disguise. MR can come in and lend an ear. And begin building trust and chemistry off of this situation.
Thanks, exactly what I was about to post. Opportunity to get closer to the players.

I hate to say it but women overly exaggerate so-called "abuse." Let's allow the facts to come out and let the law of the land fairly judge MJ if he violated it.
I agree that this needs to play out in the legal system. But to make a blanket statement that women overly exaggerate abuse is bullshit. SOME women may exaggerate, SOME women may lie......and SOME people may say...."oh he would never do that." Yes, let the facts come out. And consequences fall accordingly.

I agree this is Albert's situation to handle, for the most part.

I'll assume TA is all over this and that he is reaching out to the Josephs and letting them all know they are part of our Husker Family and we want to help them.

I hope MJ releases a public statement and says whatever the right thing is to say in a horrible situation like this.

Reactions: Truewooper
Rhule had to deal with the craziness at Baylor. I am sure he can deal with the MJ situation and be there for the players who no doubt look up to him.
Oh boy. Here comes the ppl who are going to come up with every scenario

The quicker everyone realizes that this is a matter for two people and not 200 people, the quicker this is in the rear view mirror wrt the program. Probably not going to know the particulars and that’s how it should be. It’s now a legal matter for the Josephs. Hire a WR coach and move on.

The quicker everyone realizes that this is a matter for two people and not 200 people, the quicker this is in the rear view mirror wrt the program. Probably not going to know the particulars and that’s how it should be. It’s now a legal matter for the Josephs. Hire a WR coach and move on.
Couldn't agree more.

Reactions: Mack In Motion
I agree that this needs to play out in the legal system. But to make a blanket statement that women overly exaggerate abuse is bullshit. SOME women may exaggerate, SOME women may lie......and SOME people may say...."oh he would never do that." Yes, let the facts come out. And consequences fall accordingly.
I can tell you my ex wife threatened to call the cops on me for abuse when we had an argument shortly after she filed for divorce. I never ever hurt her. She was just being an irrational bitch. Years later she would tell me I was a great husband and she screwed up. She has since committed suicide. Not defending Mickey but you never know what really happens unless you are there.

Rhule has got to be thinking WTF. Hell he hasn’t even unpacked and the program already has this happening. Going forward, it will be interesting what happens with the players who are more aligned as Mickey’s guys. Will they decide to stay with Mickey likely to face some sort of jail time?

Rhule has got to be thinking WTF. Hell he hasn’t even unpacked and the program already has this happening. Going forward, it will be interesting what happens with the players who are more aligned as Mickey’s guys. Will they decide to stay with Mickey likely to face some sort of jail time?
You think he is going to consider advice from Trev about potential assistant coaches ever again?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Dean Pope
This might make things easier for Rhule. Now people won't be pissed about not keeping MJ around.
Yes, that would be my thought. Unfortunate ending but people will move on after a few days of grieving.

Reactions: BleedRed78
This might make things easier for Rhule. Now people won't be pissed about not keeping MJ around.
Well, Rhule is bringing in Jake Peetz, but not sure if he will be a WR coach besides QB coach, just like Marcus Satterfield is the OC and Tight Ends coach.

ADVERTISEMENT