ADVERTISEMENT

Rhule beats Prime, Brohm, Fickell, and new Purdue HC

Idiot or nut?

giphy.gif

Talk about a 2 day old story. Coach Prime has added 5 players since then. Prime = A. There is little argument about that. The dude was still coaching another team as were several assistants like DC Kelly who is still coaching for 'Bama and still completely transformed the roster. The Feb 2nd signing day is going to be just as epic with coaches actually having time to do visits and soon a full staff. Ranking 31 on this site, 22 on the other site and not nearly done yet.
1687q6.jpg

For someone who claims to not give a shit about Colorado, you sure seem to post about them a lot.

Pretty ironic coming from the guy living on another teams message board, trying to feel relevant. You could always go to your own board where someone might tell you what you want to hear, even if it isn’t true.

Reactions: jamsand and Dylman
Pretty ironic coming from the guy living on another teams message board, trying to feel relevant. You could always go to your own board where someone might tell you what you want to hear, even if it isn’t true.
Hahaha I'm a Nebraska fan. Plus I get plenty of what I want to hear, even if it isn't true here. Thanks tho 😁

yet here you are, on a Nebraska board, telling us all about your new young coach....perhaps heading one's own advice is the key.
Well, your staff is talking about Purdue, which opens the door for discussion. What's wrong with me saying the ranking is trash?

When Raiola commits and we have a top 5/10 2024 class for a hot second, you can bet your next mortgage people will be crowing about it

I don’t understand why Coach Prime sets so many off, but I’m positive it says more about them than it does about him

Like I’ve been saying since his hire - we better beat them

Well, your staff is talking about Purdue, which opens the door for discussion. What's wrong with me saying the ranking is trash?

Your staff?

You do know the article was from a National guy right?

Last edited:
When Raiola commits and we have a top 5/10 2024 class for a hot second, you can bet your next mortgage people will be crowing about it

I don’t understand why Coach Prime sets so many off, but I’m positive it says more about them than it does about him

Like I’ve been saying since his hire - we better beat them

OK, I’ll bite what exactly does doubting “Coach Prime” say about one? Because I think doubting him says you have a fully functional brain, as the guy was an assistant HS coach a mere two years ago.

Also, landing the top player in the country will be awesome. But yes, claiming a “top 2025” class based off of one commit who is a So in HS is absolutely idiotic.

Reactions: BleedRed78
OK, I’ll bite what exactly does doubting “Coach Prime” say about one? Because I think doubting him says you have a fully functional brain, as the guy was an assistant HS coach a mere two years ago.

Also, landing the top player in the country will be awesome. But yes, claiming a “top 2025” class based off of one commit who is a So in HS is absolutely idiotic.
I don’t see any threads doubting any other hires this off-season, much less one that goes 7 pages deep

It says - to me at least - that people hate change in all forms & cannot stomach, for whatever reason, the thought of something different actually working

Same people who hate Deion hate NIL/transfer portal, think school is “free” for athletes, think “kids” who earn money are sure to ruin their lives with it, etc

Deion is good for college football & this thread proves it

If we don’t beat them next year there will be a lot of soiled undies stinking up this board

My post was about you providing your advice to temper the excitement for Frost year one. But here you are writing about your new coach, upset that the rankings don't match up to your expectations.

Again, heeding one's one advice about tempered excitement. Nothing to do with "our staff" talking about Purdue.

I don’t see any threads doubting any other hires this off-season, much less one that goes 7 pages deep

It says - to me at least - that people hate change in all forms & cannot stomach, for whatever reason, the thought of something different actually working

Same people who hate Deion hate NIL/transfer portal, think school is “free” for athletes, think “kids” who earn money are sure to ruin their lives with it, etc

If we don’t beat them next year there will be a lot of soiled undies stinking up this board
Some of the discussion and the length of the thread could certainly be attributed to the Colorado fans that have decided to show themselves after a long hiatus.

Other parts of the discussion stem from the shear arrogance of a coach, to tweet out a recruiting pitch from his home. The "do you know who I am" recruiting philosophy is a bit much.

Deion is good for discussion boards, not sure it can be said he is good for college football yet.

There will be a lot of soiled undies on every board when teams lose, sort of the nature of the beast.

Some of the discussion and the length of the thread could certainly be attributed to the Colorado fans that have decided to show themselves after a long hiatus.

Other parts of the discussion stem from the shear arrogance of a coach, to tweet out a recruiting pitch from his home. The "do you know who I am" recruiting philosophy is a bit much.

Deion is good for discussion boards, not sure it can be said he is good for college football yet.

There will be a lot of soiled undies on every board when teams lose, sort of the nature of the beast.
Ah yes, Deion Sanders - college football’s first outwardly arrogant coach

Lol

You are just so far off base, connecting a bunch of unconnected things. This has nothing to do with NIL, transfer portal or whatever else.

Why is there a long thread doubting this hire? Because the guy isn’t a football coach. He basically skipped all the steps of actually learning how to do his job and wants to skip all the hard work of actually doing his job. And that is “good for football”?

And why is this 7 pages? Because of all you fan boys doing cartwheels for the guy, even though he’s accomplished absolutely nothing as an actual football coach. You just assume he will be successful, and are rooting for this to work like a teenage girl at a boy band concert because he used to be a good player? Because he’s just so cool? Perhaps that says more about you.

Ah yes, Deion Sanders - college football’s first outwardly arrogant coach

Lol
C'mon, you know as well as I do that this is a different level of arrogance.

This isn't a guy who has accomplished high level success as a coach for any extended length of time and is arrogant based on that success.

Sanders appears to believe that every top recruit is as shallow as he is. I will just take photos of handbags and fancy cars, that will get them to Boulder. Maybe it works out, but by all appearances, this looks like a guy who is in it for only himself, everyone else are just props in the Deion show.

I'll take a crack at this kong.

It's possible those who don't like or approve of Sander's approach may equate this with someone trying to "buy" a team.

Just like those baseball people years ago hated Steinbrenner of the Yankees trying to buy pennants by having a huge payroll of players. It had nothing to do with building a team, it was more a quick way to produce success that had avoided the Yankees for quite a while. There are a lot of similar examples in pro sports of organizations trying to buy wins rather than build an organization like its status quo.

I don't think for a second that Colorado is Sander's plan of destination. It's likely Florida State, Miami, Florida, somewhere in the South. As we know, he's taking over a shit program, treating those in that losing system like shit, and it doesn't sit well with a lot of people.

He is getting some really good talent and has more open portals and signing dates to further add talent. The Buffs' base foundation of talent is crap, so they have a lot more to do than, say, the Huskers. CU is taking some zero stars and 2 stars along with the high-profile kids. For the first time in his coaching career, he won't be lining up on Day 1 with a team much more physically talented than any team on his schedule.

I'm sorry but if they think teams like TCU, NU, UCLA, USC, UTAH, OREGON, and WASHINGTON are just gonna lay down for Colorado because Sanders coaches them, they are in for a surprise. Some of these mentioned teams have a lot of talent and likely a lot more loyalty to their school than these recently hired guns.

For Deion to talk crap, he still has to beat TCU on the road in the opener, then beat NU in Boulder which is doable, but not as easy as some seem to think. Just like NU, he and his staff have to install different offensive and defensive schemes. That doesn't happen overnight.

His son at QB seems to be a talented kid. Unproven at the P5 level, so that remains to be seen. At this point, if CT returns healthy, and Sims gets back to 100%, NU will be operating with 2 proven P5 kids. We all know how important it is to start with someone who has been there and done that.

I think the NU-CU game should be a blast to watch. The natural dislike/hatred of each school, 2 new Head Coaches, and the Buffs' attempt to not sell NU tickets further add to the fire. Both teams are opening with good opponents so neither has a cupcake to tune up on before they meet in Game 2 of the season.

Has Colorado done things that much differently than BAMA, GA, CLEM, OHIO ST.? Not really, Sanders has just been a lot more vocal about it. You don't think those teams have been trying to "buy" elite talent for several years?

And why is this 7 pages? Because of all you fan boys doing cartwheels for the guy, even though he’s accomplished absolutely nothing as an actual football coach. You just assume he will be successful, and are rooting for this to work like a teenage girl at a boy band concert because he used to be a good player? Because he’s just so cool? Perhaps that says more about you.

It goes both ways. There are as many guys like you who can't get to a Deion thread fast enough to try to prove how much Prime's gonna suck as there are "fan boys doing cartwheels for the guy." Hell, most of the active threads were started to bash the guy.

Deion is clearly a polarizing figure and that has more to do with it than anything. Seems people either love him or hate him. And either way, people are talking about him, which seems to be working out pretty well for sCUm, unfortunately. Nobody outside Colorado gave 2 shits about them and now they're instantly on everyone's radar.

I hate Colorado probably more than any other program in the country. But I can also admit that I like Deion and have the ability to be objective and acknowledge that, so far, what he's doing is working. Still a lot to prove and we'll see how it all plays out on the field.

I hope we beat the living piss out of them the next 2 years, but I'm also not going to act like a blind homer and just proclaim Deion's going to suck and he can't coach and it's all going to crash and burn and even if he's successful he'll leave, etc. That all just seems really insecure, childish, ignorant and almost jealous.

It may work, it may not. But so far, it's looking like a good hire for sCUm, unfortunately.

My post was about you providing your advice to temper the excitement for Frost year one. But here you are writing about your new coach, upset that the rankings don't match up to your expectations.

Again, heeding one's one advice about tempered excitement. Nothing to do with "our staff" talking about Purdue.
I have also not acted like walters is the second coming... I don't see Purdue fans walking around wearing frost warning shirts and proclaiming watch out college football, we are going to be a threat to win big!

It goes both ways. There are as many guys like you who can't get to a Deion thread fast enough to try to prove how much Prime's gonna suck as there are "fan boys doing cartwheels for the guy." Hell, most of the active threads were started to bash the guy.

Deion is clearly a polarizing figure and that has more to do with it than anything. Seems people either love him or hate him. And either way, people are talking about him, which seems to be working out pretty well for sCUm, unfortunately. Nobody outside Colorado gave 2 shits about them and now they're instantly on everyone's radar.

I hate Colorado probably more than any other program in the country. But I can also admit that I like Deion and have the ability to be objective and acknowledge that, so far, what he's doing is working. Still a lot to prove and we'll see how it all plays out on the field.

I hope we beat the living piss out of them the next 2 years, but I'm also not going to act like a blind homer and just proclaim Deion's going to suck and he can't coach and it's all going to crash and burn and even if he's successful he'll leave, etc. That all just seems really insecure, childish, ignorant and almost jealous.

It may work, it may not. But so far, it's looking like a good hire for sCUm, unfortunately.

I love how you can call yourself “objective”, like you haven’t white knighted for DS constantly in this very thread, and you actually believe it. You are going to just blindly cheer for him and assume he will do awesome, even though he was literally a High School Assistant two years ago? That sure seems “objective”. And anyone that doesn’t follow along is jealous? Give me a freaking break.

So how exactly has it worked so far? And why is it looking like a good hire? I objectively am not seeing that.

You are just so far off base, connecting a bunch of unconnected things. This has nothing to do with NIL, transfer portal or whatever else.

Why is there a long thread doubting this hire? Because the guy isn’t a football coach. He basically skipped all the steps of actually learning how to do his job and wants to skip all the hard work of actually doing his job. And that is “good for football”?

you're proving my point

literally what fan cares about somebody "skipping all the steps" of becoming a P5 coach? he didn't get some geezer coffee while making $30k so he's a bad guy?

I don't assume anything - all I've said since the moment he was hired is "we better beat them"

Deion is unquestionably good for college football & your flying off the handle at that statement is once again proof

perhaps you should be running 7-page victory laps over Jeff Saturday's failure? guessing that thread would be here and gone in the blink of an eye

Reactions: Landomatic
you're proving my point

literally what fan cares about somebody "skipping all the steps" of becoming a P5 coach? he didn't get some geezer coffee while making $30k so he's a bad guy?

I don't assume anything - all I've said since the moment he was hired is "we better beat them"

Deion is unquestionably good for college football & your flying off the handle at that statement is once again proof

The guy hasn’t proven a thing as a coach. And yes, I do think he is just a celebrity playing coach. He doesn’t want to do the real work of being a coach and just expects to succeed because he’s Deion. He’s essentially a trust fund baby, handed the keys to the company he has no idea how to run. And the fact that people like you buy into this hype over substance because “Coach Prime” is so cool is very telling.

C'mon, you know as well as I do that this is a different level of arrogance.

This isn't a guy who has accomplished high level success as a coach for any extended length of time and is arrogant based on that success.

Sanders appears to believe that every top recruit is as shallow as he is. I will just take photos of handbags and fancy cars, that will get them to Boulder. Maybe it works out, but by all appearances, this looks like a guy who is in it for only himself, everyone else are just props in the Deion show.
Deion being outwardly arrogant is a breath of fresh air after 3 decades of coaches being arrogant behind closed doors & flying the coop for yet another 7-figure contract

Nick Saban doesn't have the balls to say 10% of what Deion does publicly, but has no issue cashing Aflec checks along side him

Newsflash, middle-aged male: EVERY COLLEGE FOOTBALL COACH IS IN IT FOR THEMSELVES

what next? I have to explain to you that politicians do not, in fact, care about their constituents?

lol talk about naive

• Haha
The guy hasn’t proven a thing as a coach. And yes, I do think he is just a celebrity playing coach. He doesn’t want to do the real work of being a coach and just expects to succeed because he’s Deion. He’s essentially a trust fund baby, handed the keys to the company he has no idea how to run. And the fact that people like you buy into this hype over substance because “Coach Prime” is so cool is very telling.
now this is some serious assuming. do you have any proof that Deion is behaving like scott frost (took you 3.5 years to realize he didn't want to put in the work, but the book on Prime is closed before coaching a single P5 game)?

pretty typical baseless stone casting bubbling up from very strong personal feelings

we better beat them next year

I love how you can call yourself “objective”, like you haven’t white knighted for DS constantly in this very thread, and you actually believe it. You are going to just blindly cheer for him and assume he will do awesome, even though he was literally a High School Assistant two years ago? That sure seems “objective”.

So how exactly has it worked so far? And why is it looking like a good hire? I objectively am not seeing that.
Lmfao I haven't "white knighted" for him and I can assure you I won't be cheering for him.

As for what has worked so far, he's been there 9 days, has sCUm with the #22 overall recruiting class (they were #58 last year) and they've pretty much instantly gone from a program that nobody gave 2 shits about to having a lot of people's attention (look no further than yourself as exhibit A).

I'll take a crack at this kong.

It's possible those who don't like or approve of Sander's approach may equate this with someone trying to "buy" a team.

Just like those baseball people years ago hated Steinbrenner of the Yankees trying to buy pennants by having a huge payroll of players. It had nothing to do with building a team, it was more a quick way to produce success that had avoided the Yankees for quite a while. There are a lot of similar examples in pro sports of organizations trying to buy wins rather than build an organization like its status quo.

I don't think for a second that Colorado is Sander's plan of destination. It's likely Florida State, Miami, Florida, somewhere in the South. As we know, he's taking over a shit program, treating those in that losing system like shit, and it doesn't sit well with a lot of people.

He is getting some really good talent and has more open portals and signing dates to further add talent. The Buffs' base foundation of talent is crap, so they have a lot more to do than, say, the Huskers. CU is taking some zero stars and 2 stars along with the high-profile kids. For the first time in his coaching career, he won't be lining up on Day 1 with a team much more physically talented than any team on his schedule.

I'm sorry but if they think teams like TCU, NU, UCLA, USC, UTAH, OREGON, and WASHINGTON are just gonna lay down for Colorado because Sanders coaches them, they are in for a surprise. Some of these mentioned teams have a lot of talent and likely a lot more loyalty to their school than these recently hired guns.

For Deion to talk crap, he still has to beat TCU on the road in the opener, then beat NU in Boulder which is doable, but not as easy as some seem to think. Just like NU, he and his staff have to install different offensive and defensive schemes. That doesn't happen overnight.

His son at QB seems to be a talented kid. Unproven at the P5 level, so that remains to be seen. At this point, if CT returns healthy, and Sims gets back to 100%, NU will be operating with 2 proven P5 kids. We all know how important it is to start with someone who has been there and done that.

I think the NU-CU game should be a blast to watch. The natural dislike/hatred of each school, 2 new Head Coaches, and the Buffs' attempt to not sell NU tickets further add to the fire. Both teams are opening with good opponents so neither has a cupcake to tune up on before they meet in Game 2 of the season.

Has Colorado done things that much differently than BAMA, GA, CLEM, OHIO ST.? Not really, Sanders has just been a lot more vocal about it. You don't think those teams have been trying to "buy" elite talent for several years?
yep

like I said, lots of old man yelling at cloud takes

people hate different. that's it.

also - LOL @ Sims being a "proven P5 QB". he's started games in a P5 conference. what that proves, I'm not sure. he hasn't played in more than a year and CT has never made it through a P5 season. if they've "proven" anything it's that they can't hack it physically

I'd trade both for Sanders' kid right now & so would all of you

• Haha
I have also not acted like walters is the second coming... I don't see Purdue fans walking around wearing frost warning shirts and proclaiming watch out college football, we are going to be a threat to win big!
Well a couple of things. Walters isn't coming off an undefeated season where he beat an SEC team in the Sugar Bowl, as the head coach. Secondly, Walters isn't a Purdue alum, who led them to a national championship as a QB. Lastly, it just wasn't Nebraska fans that thought that hire was going to be successful.

now this is some serious assuming. do you have any proof that Deion is behaving like scott frost (took you 3.5 years to realize he didn't want to put in the work, but the book on Prime is closed before coaching a single P5 game)?

pretty typical baseless stone casting bubbling up from very strong personal feelings

we better beat them next year

He’s not acting like Frost. Frost actually got off his ass and recruited when he got the job. Deion thinks he can just tweet out I’m not hard to find and the stars will flock to him, while real football coaches all over the country are out there busting their ass. @Tuco Salamanca has pointed this exact thing to you multiple times in this thread, if you cared to actually read it.

And shouldn’t it be they better beat us? Since he is doing such a great job and is great for the game? Since you are proclaiming “Coach Prime” the second coming because of his 40 time 3 decades ago?

Lmfao I haven't "white knighted" for him and I can assure you I won't be cheering for him.

As for what has worked so far, he's been there 9 days, has sCUm with the #22 overall recruiting class (they were #58 last year) and they've pretty much instantly gone from a program that nobody gave 2 shits about to having a lot of people's attention (look no further than yourself as exhibit A).
As I have stated, I am a big believer in stars and the eventual success of the team. But Sanders is getting his stars and his ranking by building a 7 on 7 team.

Colorado rushed the ball 32 times per game last year and gained 1300 total rushing yards. They were sacked 1 out of every 18 times they attempted a pass. Teams averaged 6 yard per carry against their defense.

HIs answer to this is to bring in a bunch of high rated offensive skill guys, FCS Olinemen, and DBs.

You can have the number 1 class in America if you sign multiple 5 star RBs, WRs and DBs, but you won't win football games with out they guys up front.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT