ADVERTISEMENT

Rhule beats Prime, Brohm, Fickell, and new Purdue HC

Deion being outwardly arrogant is a breath of fresh air after 3 decades of coaches being arrogant behind closed doors & flying the coop for yet another 7-figure contract

Nick Saban doesn't have the balls to say 10% of what Deion does publicly, but has no issue cashing Aflec checks along side him

Newsflash, middle-aged male: EVERY COLLEGE FOOTBALL COACH IS IN IT FOR THEMSELVES

what next? I have to explain to you that politicians do not, in fact, care about their constituents?

lol talk about naive
Your opinion that it is a breath of fresh air

Saban has never been short on things to say. Plus he has multiple CFP national titles that do the speaking for him.

Not true, most college football coaches get into it because they want to help kids become successful in life, in and out of football. Yes they enjoy the success, but Sanders appears to be in it ONLY for himself. Most of those coaches were working for peanuts and busted their ass to get where they are. Sanders is more like the born on 3rd base and thinks he hit a triple.

I think you just get off playing the contrarian at times.

He’s not acting like Frost. Frost actually got off his ass and recruited when he got the job. Deion thinks he can just tweet out I’m not hard to find and the stars will flock to him, while real football coaches all over the country are out there busting their ass. @Tuco Salamanca has pointed this exact thing to you multiple times in this thread, if you cared to actually read it.

And shouldn’t it be they better beat us? Since he is doing such a great job and is great for the game? Since you are proclaiming “Coach Prime” the second coming because of his 40 time 3 decades ago?
Deion is famous & other college coaches are not

"busting their ass" can only be accomplished in one form, I guess?

again, I ask - why is this derivative of social media such an affront to some rando non-CU fan? was your grandpappy who spent decades on the road in the running for the Buffs job or something?

you have no idea what's going on behind the scenes, and LOL @ scott frost ever lifting a finger during his time at NU

• Haha
Reactions: headcard
Lmfao I haven't "white knighted" for him and I can assure you I won't be cheering for him.

As for what has worked so far, he's been there 9 days, has sCUm with the #22 overall recruiting class (they were #58 last year) and they've pretty much instantly gone from a program that nobody gave 2 shits about to having a lot of people's attention (look no further than yourself as exhibit A).

I went back and read you posts and either you have zero self awareness or you are straight trolling. Have you had a chance to read about Prime Academy or Deion first marriage yet? Or have you moved on from that poor Deion is a great man wrongfully being picked on narrative?

And your prof he is great is we are talking about him? I’m pretty sure if any team had hired a celebrity with no coaching experience and then ran here to talk shit, there would be a reaction. Odd that, in your mind, that proves something.

Your opinion that it is a breath of fresh air

Saban has never been short on things to say. Plus he has multiple CFP national titles that do the speaking for him.

Not true, most college football coaches get into it because they want to help kids become successful in life, in and out of football. Yes they enjoy the success, but Sanders appears to be in it ONLY for himself.

I think you just get off playing the contrarian at times.
the next time a college coach takes a paycut to stay with his players will be the first time

Reactions: Landomatic
here is a question, @headcard :

do you think CU will win more than 1 game next year?

his predecessor spent decades working his way up the ranks, including being the head coach of a 10-win P5 team. he "busted his ass", didn't skip steps, etc

surely Deion cannot do better by just sitting on his couch and tweeting?

yep

like I said, lots of old man yelling at cloud takes

people hate different. that's it.

also - LOL @ Sims being a "proven P5 QB". he's started games in a P5 conference. what that proves, I'm not sure. he hasn't played in more than a year and CT has never made it through a P5 season. if they've "proven" anything it's that they can't hack it physically

I'd trade both for Sanders' kid right now & so would all of you
How old are you dude? You might learn a thing or two from some of these old men. I'm all about being different, but realistic.

Sander's son has made it unscathed sitting in a pristine pocket. He'll see some heat this year, he's not a big, physical kid.

If Sims took one snap in a P5 game, that's more than Sanders.

Don't pretend to know what I or anyone else would prefer in a QB.
I'm not a fan of anyone who tells me what I'm supposed to think.

Last edited:
How old are you dude? Yc I'm all about being different, but realistic.

Sander's son has made it unscathed sitting in a pristine pocket. He'll see some heat this year, and he's not a big, physical kid.

Don't pretend to know what I or anyone else would prefer in a QB.

If Sims took one snap in a P5 game, that's more than Sanders.
I'm old enough to recognize people trying to shoehorn their personal feelings into "objectivity"

if taking a single snap in a P5 game makes you "a proven P5 QB", the entire point goes into the trash heap

also - this made me chuckle:

You might learn a thing or two from some of these old men.

here is a question, @headcard :

do you think CU will win more than 1 game next year?

his predecessor spent decades working his way up the ranks, including being the head coach of a P5 team. he "busted his ass", didn't skip steps, etc

surely Deion cannot do better by just sitting on his couch and tweeting?

Yes. I think they will win more than one game. And in your mind that would prove Deion is instantly a good football coach? Heck even Korell went 4-2 his first year at CU. Will Deion win twice as many as he loses, because a loser that just got fired was able to do that at CU? Am I doing this right?

Reactions: king_kong_
Yes. I think they will win more than one game. And in your mind that would prove Deion is instantly a good football coach? Heck even Korell went 4-2 his first year at CU. Will Deion win twice as many as he loses, because a loser that just got fired was able to do that at CU? Am I doing this right?
nope.

I am looking forward to seeing what Deion can accomplish. if it's a lot, it will open the door to many and more former players "skipping steps" and taking over college programs (a good thing, in my opinion). the coaching profession is long overdue for a shakeup (again, my opinion).

it's not rocket science, it's business. and it's not a charity, either, like many of the "he got into the job for all the right reasons" folks wish it was.

right now, Deion is 0-0 in his P5 career. I am simply treating him as such. you are what your record says you are.

I'm old enough to recognize people trying to shoehorn their personal feelings into "objectivity"

if taking a single snap in a P5 game makes you "a proven P5 QB", the entire point goes into the trash heap

also - this made me chuckle:

You might learn a thing or two from some of these old men.
You're turning this into a Nikki loves Purdy thread.

How old are you? I'll tell you what I accomplished by that age, and what I've accomplished since.

Well a couple of things. Walters isn't coming off an undefeated season where he beat an SEC team in the Sugar Bowl, as the head coach. Secondly, Walters isn't a Purdue alum, who led them to a national championship as a QB. Lastly, it just wasn't Nebraska fans that thought that hire was going to be successful.
I thought it would be successful, but it would take a few year's to get there.

I went back and read you posts and either you have zero self awareness or you are straight trolling. Have you had a chance to read about Prime Academy or Deion first marriage yet? Or have you moved on from that poor Deion is a great man wrongfully being picked on narrative?

And your prof he is great is we are talking about him? I’m pretty sure if any team had hired a celebrity with no coaching experience and then ran here to talk shit, there would be a reaction. Odd that, in your mind, that proves something.
I don’t remember posting about poor Deion being picked on. Got a link to that?

Also, you’re conveniently ignoring the recruiting ranking part of my post. Seems you keep moving the goalpost. You asked what’s working, and I told you. Sorry if you don’t like the answer.

And who’s running here to talk shit? I’ve seen one moron sCUm fan doing that…the one you keep engaging with for whatever reason. You got links to all of that too?

• Haha
You're turning this into a Nikki loves Purdy thread.

How old are you? I'll tell you what I accomplished by that age, and what I've accomplished since.
doxxing posters
laughing at divorces
applauding failed business ventures

these are the things Deion Sanders has caused grown men - men with absolutely zero skin in the game, no less - to resort to on an anonymous internet message board

hilarious

Reactions: Landomatic
I don’t remember posting about poor Deion being picked on. Got a link to that?

Also, you’re conveniently ignoring the recruiting ranking part of my post. Seems you keep moving the goalpost. You asked what’s working, and I told you. Sorry if you don’t like the answer.

And who’s running here to talk shit? I’ve seen one moron sCUm fan doing that…the one you keep engaging with for whatever reason. You got links to all of that too?

I haven’t moved the goal post in any way. You and your Coach Prime fan club are doing that constantly. You have gone from 4 and 5 stars will flock to play for this super cool guy to look their class isn’t terrible. It’s like you had your mind made up and any commit they get, even completely average kids with no offers, is just an amazing feet. All while continuing to just look past the fact that he hasn’t actually proven he knows how to run a college program.

Last edited:
doxxing posters
laughing at divorces

these are the things Deion Sanders has caused grown men - men with absolutely zero skin in the game, no less - to resort to on an anonymous internet message board

hilarious

As usual you seem to be ignoring, or intentionally leaving out, a lot.

His divorce was brought up because of posters claiming he is an upstanding moral man, blah, blah , blah. The President of the Neon Deion fan club even mocked Mickey Joseph’s domestic violence arrest, not knowing Deion was arrested for assaulting his first wife.

His “failed business venture”, PrimeAcademy, was brought up in response to your claim that Deion “has never failed at anything in his life.” I would say Fraud and Assault say otherwise. But let’s just ignore all this, who he really is, because he was once a great player, and assume he will kill it running a major college football program.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I haven’t moved the goal post in any way. You and your Coach Prime fan club are doing that constantly. You have gone from 4 and 5 stars will flock to play for this super cool guy to look their class isn’t terrible. It’s like you had your mind made up and any commit they get, even completely average kids with no offers, is just an amazing feet. All while continuing to just look past the fact that he hasn’t actually proven he knows how to run a college program.
Show me a post where I, or anyone not named @Scavenger has said Deion getting completely average kids with no offers is just an amazing feet. Hell, I don't even think Scavenger has ever said anything like that and he's a sCUm fan.

Are you always this insecure, or just about Nebraska football?

His divorce was brought up because of posters claiming he is an upstanding moral man, blah, blah , blah. The President of the Neon Deion fan club even mocked Mickey Joseph’s domestic violence arrest, not knowing Deion was arrested for assaulting his first wife.

His “failed business venture”, PrimeAcademy, was brought up in response to your claim that Deion “has never failed at anything in his life.” I would say Fraud and Assault say otherwise. But let’s just ignore all this, who he really is, because he was once a great player, and assume he will kill it running a major college football program.
Wait, I thought I was the President of the Neon Deion fan club? Make up your mind.

Show me a post where I, or anyone not named @Scavenger has said Deion getting completely average kids with no offers is just an amazing feet. Hell, I don't even think Scavenger has ever said anything like that and he's a sCUm fan.

Are you always this insecure, or just about Nebraska football?

Give it a freaking break. You are pumping up this recruiting class and all things “Coach Prime” nonstop, and it’s just not that amazing.

I get it you used to have a Neon Deion poster on the wall and worship all things Deion. But you could wait until your hero actually does something to jerk off on the Nebraska Board about it.

And how in that hell is not being sold on the “Coach Prime” sideshow have anything to do with being insecure about Nebraska football? That doesn’t make a bit of sense. No one is talking about Nebraska football in this thread at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
doxxing posters
laughing at divorces

hilarious
Align your comments with the person(s) who made those comments. I mention Nikki and Purdy a couple of times, you've done so 50 times.

Show me where I said anything about divorces or failed business ventures.

I'll own what I post or say. I don't defend what someone else said when you attach their comment(s) as mine.

How much skin do you have in the game besides betting a few bucks?

Since you've made age an issue (old men/geezer), I've asked you a couple of times how old you are, what's the big secret?

Give it a freaking break. You are pumping up this recruiting class and all things “Coach Prime” nonstop, and it’s just not that amazing.

I get it you used to have a Neon Deion poster on the wall and worship all things Deion. But you could wait until your hero actually does something to jerk off on the Nebraska Baird about it.

And how in that hell is not being sold on the “Coach Prime” sideshow have anything to do with being insecure about Nebraska football? That doesn’t make a bit of sense. No one is talking about Nebraska football in this thread at all.
I'll take a look at all the links for me "pumping up this recruiting class and all things Coach Prime nonstop" too. And no, simply mentioning he seems to be getting good results so far as he's got a top 25 class isn't doing that.

Still waiting on all the links for all your other bullshit claims too, BTW.

Deion living rent free in your head, son. It's entertaining, I'll give you that.

I'll take a look at all the links for me "pumping up this recruiting class and all things Coach Prime nonstop" too. And no, simply mentioning he seems to be getting good results so far as he's got a top 25 class isn't doing that.

Still waiting on all the links for all your other bullshit claims too, BTW.

Deion living rent free in your head, son. It's entertaining, I'll give you that.

It all on this very thread and the other “Coach Prime” thread you obsess over.

Your man crush with this guy is beyond creepy. And the fact you go to a Nebraska message board to stalk posters who doubt your little hero is beyond bizzare.

Seriously why does this board care what Deion does or doesn't do. Sure we play CU the next few years. But they are in the Pac 12. Could care less if he succeeds or fails. I'm much more concerned about Fickell over prime.
Agreed. Just a few posters touting how great Sanders is and the heights he will take Colorado to. But who really knows?

Gonna be a blood bath here if we lose to them (CU) next year … although I don’t see how it is possible we lose

I don't know who's making these assumptions?

you yourself said you expect him to be better than their last coach

Someone in this thread or the other Prime thread did say 4 and 5 star players would flock to him. When I have a chance I’ll search for it.
BuckysBoys1 said he had multiple 5 stars at JSU and would have 30 5 star players at Colorado in the Rhule vs Sanders comparison thread. Doubled down on that prediction in fact…

BuckysBoys1 said he had multiple 5 stars at JSU and would have 30 5 star players at Colorado in the Rhule vs Sanders comparison thread. Doubled down on that prediction in fact…
I think he only had 1 5* at JSU

Seriously why does this board care what Deion does or doesn't do. Sure we play CU the next few years. But they are in the Pac 12. Could careless if he succeeds or fails. I'm much more concerned about Fickell over prime.
I agree. The only focus I'll have on CU is when the Huskers play them. Of course, I'll note how they are doing game to game, but I note how about 50 teams are doing on a game-to-game basis.

If the Huskers are progressing how we all hope they will, CU will just be another non-conference opponent with just a lot more vitriol among each team's fan base. At the end of the day, it's just a W or an L.

I don't know who's making these assumptions?

you yourself said you expect him to be better than their last coach

I said I expect him to win more than one game next year. The previous coach won twice as many as he lost his first year at Colorado, do you expect “Coach Prime” to do better than that?

I said I expect him to win more than one game next year. The previous coach won twice as many as he lost his first year at Colorado, do you expect “Coach Prime” to do better than that?
I have no expectations aside from headlines

I really hope we beat them

Any thoughts on a way too early spread?

I have no expectations aside from headlines

I really hope we beat them

Any thoughts on a way too early spread?

Pretty hard to predict, given how little we know about both teams and what their rosters will look like. My way to early guess is something like Nebraska -5.5. We were probably less bad last year, but still bad, and are on the road with a history of shitting the bed in these type of games.

Pretty hard to predict, given how little we know about both teams and what their rosters will look like. My way to early guess is something like Nebraska -5.5. We were probably less bad last year, but still bad, and are on the road with a history of shitting the bed in these type of games.
Game 1 will def be interesting

Most people say the improvement between game 1 and game 2 is the biggest

Whatever their best shot is, I suspect we’ll get it

Game 1 will def be interesting

Most people say the improvement between game 1 and game 2 is the biggest

Whatever their best shot is, I suspect we’ll get it

Need 6 wins next year to get the bowl practices. A CU win is almost a must

Failed 1st year if less than 6 wins

ADVERTISEMENT