ADVERTISEMENT

Rhule’s staff

Maybe I missed it but is there any new information about a new WR coach or is Rhule waiting to hear something about a former coach before making a final decision.

I laughed when the Lincoln High coach said "hey, somebody finally found our address in North Stadium"

Has a Class A high school in the last 10 years won less than them?? I don't mind Rhule playimg the game here of visiting everyone, but I also don't care if a coach decides his time is better spent visiting schools with players that can help them win football games. I doubt even Lincoln High's coach is shocked that college coaches didnt spend much time at his school.

Reactions: king_kong_
Has a Class A high school in the last 10 years won less than them?? I don't mind Rhule playimg the game here of visiting everyone, but I also don't care if a coach decides his time is better spent visiting schools with players that can help them win football games. I doubt even Lincoln High's coach is shocked that college coaches didnt spend much time at his school.
does northwest still field a team?

They had a Power 5 level player this year, Ben Ngoyi. He chose ISU over us earlier this year.

And you never know though if they will have a great player down the road, like Coleman at Lincoln East.

Plus what players from Lincoln High have done well at OTHER P5/Div 1 teams?

If they have a great player down the road hes going to transfer

I get that...but you also never know if a young coach at Lincoln High now will be coaching at a better program down the road, and he might have some great players at that next school. You don't want to burn any bridges. For example, the coach at Westside now used to be at Burke. The coach at Bellevue West came from Fort Calhoun.

He probably only spent like 30 minutes there, and it's what a 5 minute drive from campus? It's not like he spent all day there.

Last edited:
Coach Macke has done an awesome job at Lincoln High. They were dominant a few years ago. Put up crazy numbers when Cedric Case was the qb there.

They had a Power 5 level player this year, Ben Ngoyi. He chose ISU over us earlier this year.

And you never know though if they will have a great player down the road, like Coleman at Lincoln East.
I think Nebraska fans need to temper their excitement level on Coleman. He was highly touted coming into his senior year. Why? Because he is 6’5” and very fast. If you look at his high school production, you might be surprised. Do you know how many receptions he had as a junior? 17. We were drooling over a kid that didn’t really do much in a wide open offense at LEHS. He will be a project with an extremely high ceiling. He hasn’t dominated at the high school level though.

Maybe I missed it but is there any new information about a new WR coach or is Rhule waiting to hear something about a former coach before making a final decision.
Think you need to sit back and stop thinking about every little thing. It will happen soon enough. This guy knows what he's doing!!!

Love watching some criticize coaches for building in state relationships while moaning for years that we don’t keep what talent we do have in state.

It is a process. You build relationships with staff, not just players. These guys talk, move to new jobs, etc. It will pay off down the road.

I think Nebraska fans need to temper their excitement level on Coleman. He was highly touted coming into his senior year. Why? Because he is 6’5” and very fast. If you look at his high school production, you might be surprised. Do you know how many receptions he had as a junior? 17. We were drooling over a kid that didn’t really do much in a wide open offense at LEHS. He will be a project with an extremely high ceiling. He hasn’t dominated at the high school level though.
I mean he is perfect for what Rhule wants out of a player.

Dumb takes are are dumb! If you can’t visit a high school that’s less than ten minutes from your office, maybe the job isn’t for you. It doesn’t hurt to stop in and forge a relationship, so you might be a lock for that Diamond in the rough down the road.

Dumb takes are are dumb! If you can’t visit a high school that’s less than ten minutes from your office, maybe the job isn’t for you. It doesn’t hurt to stop in and forge a relationship, so you might be a lock for that Diamond in the rough down the road.
That’s what I believe has plagued the program for two decades now is complacency. Both the administration and coaching staffs have believed that NU can win on it’s brand name alone.

If he is indeed a project, I like Rhule’s track record with projects.

Coach Macke has done an awesome job at Lincoln High. They were dominant a few years ago. Put up crazy numbers when Cedric Case was the qb there.
He's done a great job and has been there for 10 yrs.

In HCMR's PC he said for NU to get back, EVERYBODY in the state has to do their part. Maybe the Lincoln coach will never send a 5 star to UNL. But by having a relationship with the guy and showing him you give a damn about him, maybe he can help in other ways.

Seemed previous staffs have expected many kids locally should commit without much communication or they should take a walk on spot.

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT