ADVERTISEMENT

Rhule’s Situation: A Tortured Scenario

Clevinger

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 26, 2007
In 2018, Scott Frost was tossed the keys to the Husker car by the AD. He immediately told the world that they had better get him now because he was going to be the best driver they had seen. He proceeded to repeatedly crash the car and ultimately lose his license for reckless driving.

Inexplicably, the AD decided that the only conceivable driver for the Husker car was Scott Frost, so he reinstated his license and gave him a new, meritless driving contract.

A sobered Scott Frost announced that he was making changes and would drive more carefully. Instead, he immediately went out and caused a multi vehicle pile up with numerous injuries.

A new AD sent the Matt Rhule ambulance to the scene and also called Mickey’s Towing to help bring the Husker car back to the shop for repairs. While the Rhule medics were trying to help victims of the latest Frost crash, the driver from Mickey’s Towing inexplicably lost his temper and crashed into the Husker car, causing an explosion.

So began the Rhule era.

In 2018, Scott Frost was tossed the keys to the Husker car by the AD. He immediately told the world that they had better get him now because he was going to be the best driver they had seen. He proceeded to repeatedly crash the car and ultimately lose his license for reckless driving.

Inexplicably, the AD decided that the only conceivable driver for the Husker car was Scott Frost, so he reinstated his license and gave him a new, meritless driving contract.

A sobered Scott Frost announced that he was making changes and would drive more carefully. Instead, he immediately went out and caused a multi vehicle pile up with numerous injuries.

A new AD sent the Matt Rhule ambulance to the scene and also called Mickey’s Towing to help bring the Husker car back to the shop for repairs. While the Rhule medics were trying to help victims of the latest Frost crash, the driver from Mickey’s Towing inexplicably lost his temper and crashed into the Husker car, causing an explos
Nebraska Fans: You probably won't see all miracles in this first year of Matt Rhule coaching, but be patient, he will have successes and the future will bode well.
Don't expect Conference Championships from his outset, but he will get there and sooner rather than later: From a Baylor follower who saw him work eventual 'Miracles' and set a FOUNDATION FOR YEARS TO COME at Baylor.
sO BEGIN to Sic, your corn huskers =WILL Be= rebuilt.

Nebraska Fans: You probably won't see all miracles in this first year of Matt Rhule coaching, but be patient, he will have successes and the future will bode well.
Don't expect Conference Championships from his outset, but he will get there and sooner rather than later: From a Baylor follower who saw him work eventual 'Miracles' and set a FOUNDATION FOR YEARS TO COME at Baylor.

Thanks for stopping by.

He is definitely a builder. I am patient.

Do you think he will be able to recruit to Nebraska? We admittedly don’t have the recruiting base in the area that Baylor does.

Feels like we’ve been hearing this ‘gonna take time to build the foundation’ from several coaches over the last decade or two. Hopefully this time it gains traction

Feels like we’ve been hearing this ‘gonna take time to build the foundation’ from several coaches over the last decade or two. Hopefully this time it gains traction

I don’t think Nebraska has a recruiting base that allows for instant fixes. We have to be patient.

Rhule at least has a record of building successful college programs out of bad situations.

Reactions: BleedRed78
it's okay, OP, Rhule prepared for this job at temple and baylor

anyone think Nebraska Football has made our new coach cry for a 3rd time yet?

Reactions: Clevinger
I think Rhule must have wondered what he signed up for when Mickey’s situation hit. Suddenly our wr commits bolted and numerous players hit the portal.

I appreciate how gracefully he has handled that. Has to suck.
live look at Rhule handling the Mickey situation gracefully:

scrooge-mcduck.gif

Thanks for stopping by.

He is definitely a builder. I am patient.

Do you think he will be able to recruit to Nebraska? We admittedly don’t have the recruiting base in the area that Baylor does.
Must remember that Baylor did not have bad players but rather players with bad behavior. They left and some others transferred out and thus Ruhle began. Agree he had a very easy time recruiting to Baylor thereafter. Great school, great location for all the Texas kids. Got great recruits the second year in. Not sure this is going to happen at NU. He will start with a very barren recruiting class, may get some transfers though. Situation at NU is totally different than what he faced at Baylor and that is my main concern.

Why are there essentially no Runza restaurants still outside of Nebraska? My family from Minnesota loves them.

Not everything makes sense.
We still have one in Council Tucky. Yes...you could throw a baseball from Omaha and hit it but its still outside Nebraska. Lol

• Haha
the deal about rhule is he proceeds with logic

solich, when his dan and buck started fumbeling..he made Nebraska one dimensional, as in crouch right, crouch left, lord right, lord left.......rhule would of fixed the fumbeling issues..pdq

callahan, when he had a wet paper bag defense, he just ignored the fact..
rhule would have been on the case correcting defensive play.

bo, what part of taylor martinez and passing do I have to delve into?
rhule would of had the correct qb in place, and not be in NU fans face

mr. riley, it's all a blur now, maybe my mind has blocked the riley years..we lost alot
rhule of course, is not west coast pass happy nor going into retirement

and ole scotty boy, I want everyone here to reflect on calling a onside kick up by 11, against northwestern..
and please have a report about it on my desk by friday morning...
rhule, well, lets just say mr. rhule can walk and chew gum at the same time...

speaking of walking and chewing gum at the same time..lets just by pass commentary on our interim coach.

so thats 6 fails above...mr rhule is the 7th coach since dr. tom..
and I sense we got it right this time.
we as a fan base are going to give rhule time to do the rebuild right,,
from here hence forth every man, womens and child will proceed with logic.

We still have one in Council Tucky. Yes...you could throw a baseball from Omaha and hit it but its still outside Nebraska. Lol

My wife likes Runza, and she looked at their map to see if they were in Minnesota. She remarked that almost every decent sized city in Nebraska had one but virtually none beyond Nebraska.

My wife likes Runza, and she looked at their map to see if they were in Minnesota. She remarked that almost every decent sized city in Nebraska had one but virtually none beyond Nebraska.
They are going downhill anyways. Just like every other place. Prices rising and food sizes and quality are going down. I could ship her some runzas if she is craving them that bad.

They are going downhill anyways. Just like every other place. Prices rising and food sizes and quality are going down. I could ship her some runzas if she is craving them that bad.

I offered that. She is a big runner, and she said calorie wise she would only dare eat them on our once or twice yearly Nebraska visits (not more).

Reactions: donahues17
No way to go but up from where we are. Rhule is what Nebraska needs. He's our coach now and we should all root for him to succeed.

The only "remains to be seen" things are completing his staff, and recruiting (Guinta?).

Needless to add S&C and development, OL and DL.

If an IHC and make-shift DC in BB improved the team towards the end of the season, and beat Iowa, which has never been done by Frost, then Rhule should be able to get us the wins. GBR

I thought there was one in Fort Collins and some in Kansas. When I go back to Lincoln a lot of times I just fly from Spokane to Denver on Southwest then drive over. Ogallala, Gothenburg, North Platte, Kearney and York all of have a Runza. The one at Gothenburg is the easiest one to access so I usually stop there.

I see Rhule as a competent coach who will win games. I expect us to get back to Pelini levels without the circus. The question is can Rhule win the big games. When both Nebraska and Wisconsin are 8-1 in a few years, can Rhule go up to Madison and win the game instead of getting absolutely destroyed? We'll see.

I think by year 3 or 4 he will have us back to 9-10 win seasons. His ceiling is unknown. Unlike Pelini, he is likable and has aspirations for bigger things. He has embraced the job, rather than acting like he is too good for it.

By the way, how did Miami work out for Pelini after we kissed his ass out the door? :D

Reactions: coyote11
True of any coach. Rhule was a good hire though this cycle, and I hope everyone will unite behind him.
Im all N!. But not going to start pounding the champions drum until I see some proof that we can start winning games that we are supposed to win.

A new AD sent the Matt Rhule ambulance to the scene and also called Mickey’s Towing to help bring the Husker car back to the shop for repairs. While the Rhule medics were trying to help victims of the latest Frost crash, the driver from Mickey’s Towing inexplicably lost his temper and crashed into the Husker car, causing an explosion.

So began the Rhule era.
Can you tell us the same story but instead of writing it, can you draw it for us in pictures?

Reactions: BigRedBeliever

So began the Rhule era.
You left out, "Once upon a time".

• Haha
I see Rhule as a competent coach who will win games. I expect us to get back to Pelini levels without the circus. The question is can Rhule win the big games. When both Nebraska and Wisconsin are 8-1 in a few years, can Rhule go up to Madison and win the game instead of getting absolutely destroyed? We'll see.

I think by year 3 or 4 he will have us back to 9-10 win seasons. His ceiling is unknown. Unlike Pelini, he is likable and has aspirations for bigger things. He has embraced the job, rather than acting like he is too good for it.

By the way, how did Miami work out for Pelini after we kissed his ass out the door? :D
Clev has a better take. I wouldn't try to compare Pelini pre-NU to Rhule pre-NU. One had no background in program-building and the other does not.

Last edited:
Im all N!. But not going to start pounding the champions drum until I see some proof that we can start winning games that we are supposed to win.
That’s it right there! Win the 1’s you are supposed to win and tjrn throw in a couple upsets

No guarantees obviously, but I feel that we’ll see more development in Rhule’s first year than we did in 4+ with Frost.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Thanks for the input, and I don't mean to laugh at you, but you used "Nebraska Fans" and "patient" in the same sentence.
😂

I think Rhule must have wondered what he signed up for when Mickey’s situation hit. Suddenly our wr commits bolted and numerous players hit the portal.

I appreciate how gracefully he has handled that. Has to suck.
He MAY have actually looked at the MJ problem as a potential relief for himself and the program.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I won't be surprised if he goes on a run that looks like TCU under Dykes this season. His portal hunting has been impressive so far, which of course he didn't have the luxury several years ago or before.

Reactions: donahues17
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT