ADVERTISEMENT

RG III

we need rhule to wreasle up two or three rg3's on his texas trips..

I hope everybody realize it was an honest mistake and move forward without firing anybody. But next time the shoes on the other foot let's remember both cases. As an example it's seems everybody wants Brett Favre arrested for fraud because Antonio Brown is being arrested for assault. We need to stop relating every single wrong people do based on their skin color. Let's get over racism and penalize all people when they need penalized.

Man I hate Cancel Culture... the dude said something he probly regrets, who the F cares... move on... same for all the crap we see today... people like to get worked up over the stupidest shit...

Mike Leech may turn out to be one of the last truly genuine men to grace our TV screens...

To date, Aikman's comment about taking the dresses off the QB's has caught far more flak than RG III's comment. Interesting....and I'm tired of the cancel culture shit to, which is why I hope this is seen for what it was, an honest slip of the tongue No freaking way he was thinking that or would dare say it on purpose.
And who doesn’t agree that they‘ve put dresses on the QB’s..I see nothing wrong with that statement….

Bump a QB and it’s personal foul..

It's really odd to me that there's even a question as to whether jigaboo is a racial slur, it probably just means that I'm that much older than those who are questioning it - I'm in my 50's. There's a long list of racial slurs people used in the past, I realize now that it's a good thing that many people today don't know these words as it means they're not being used. But just because a person isn't aware that a word was once used as a racial slur, that doesn't mean that it isn't a slur. For those who are asking what a jigaboo is, just freakin' google it (some info on the internet actually is accurate).

It's really odd to me that there's even a question as to whether jigaboo is a racial slur, it probably just means that I'm that much older than those who are questioning it - I'm in my 50's. There's a long list of racial slurs people used in the past, I realize now that it's a good thing that many people today don't know these words as it means they're not being used. But just because a person isn't aware that a word was once used as a racial slur, that doesn't mean that it isn't a slur. For those who are asking what a jigaboo is, just freakin' google it (some info on the internet actually is accurate).
Racial slurs of a bygone era wasn't a class offered in college.

Reactions: aNUstart
Racial slurs of a bygone era wasn't a class offered in college.
If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? Like I said, I think it's a good thing that people aren't aware of and don't use them. Things were definitely different growing up in the 70's and 80's.

Don’t take the bait.

It is ridiculous to pretend that a black guy who was praising another black guy used jigaboo as some sorta insidious comment about black people in general.

Again, I’ve yet to see a single black person mad that he said it, and I guarantee you that white people outnumber blacks 10:1 in being outraged over a harmless comment.

It is ridiculous to pretend that a black guy who was praising another black guy used jigaboo as some sorta insidious comment about black people in general.

Again, I’ve yet to see a single black person mad that he said it, and I guarantee you that white people outnumber blacks 10:1 in being outraged over a harmless comment.
I went down a rabbit hole discussing whether or not jigaboo is a racial slur, as far as RGIII goes, I actually agree with you, he simply misspoke.

From my post on the previous page:

"A white broadcaster would be deemed a racist and most likely fired for using the word, so I think it's fair that a black broadcaster should at least admit using the word was inappropriate and apologize.

As to who was offended? I don't know, maybe nobody."

I went down a rabbit hole discussing whether or not jigaboo is a racial slur, as far as RGIII goes, I actually agree with you, he simply misspoke.

From my post on the previous page:

"A white broadcaster would be deemed a racist and most likely fired for using the word, so I think it's fair that a black broadcaster should at least admit using the word was inappropriate and apologize.

As to who was offended? I don't know, maybe nobody."
Do you get offended when listening to rap music and the n-word is said?

Nope. I don't know how that is relevant, is your takeaway from this that I was offended by what RGIII said? Because, no, I wasn't.
It’s relevant because he’s drawing a moral equivalent, and you had a long essay earlier being indignant about people not recognizing it as a racial slur.

It’s a word. If you’re so weak-minded that you let a single word hold that much power over your attitude, you probably need to assess what that says about you.

It’s relevant because he’s drawing a moral equivalent, and you had a long essay earlier being indignant about people not recognizing it as a racial slur.

It’s a word. If you’re so weak-minded that you let a single word hold that much power over your attitude, you probably need to assess what that says about you.
You'd better flush out your head, new guy. This isn't about freedom; this is a slaughter. If I'm gonna get my balls blown off for a word, my word is "poontang".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT