ADVERTISEMENT

Rex Burkhead may be done

He will be back, probably by the start of the season. Rehabbing an ACL, if done right, won't necessarily cost him speed and sure won't cost him his toughness, his hands, his vision or his football IQ. Those are the things that have kept him playing, IMO. I think he comes back, and I think he contributes for several more seasons. Sure, it could get torn again his first play back, but there are a lot of guys in the NFL playing on a reconstructed ACL.

He will be back, probably by the start of the season. Rehabbing an ACL, if done right, won't necessarily cost him speed and sure won't cost him his toughness, his hands, his vision or his football IQ. Those are the things that have kept him playing, IMO. I think he comes back, and I think he contributes for several more seasons. Sure, it could get torn again his first play back, but there are a lot of guys in the NFL playing on a reconstructed ACL.
Depends if he still loves it or not. I don't know what his future ambitions are. He goes down in history as a beloved Patriot and super bowl champion. He was on a one-year deal I believe, so they may not bring him back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT