ADVERTISEMENT

Revelle

No idea what the investigation will show but she needs to be gone anyway. The team was lifeless this year. We should be competitive in the Big Ten almost every year. Mr. Moos, time to continue your roster turnover as well.

No clue what the investigation is about, but I had heard that they tried convincing her to retire at the end of the season, but she refused. I think she was a good coach at one time, but they have been beyond awful for the last couple years and I think it’s time that she goes.

If they were going to reinstate her, it would have been done by now IMO.

Seems like it was just about 4 years ago that they were in the CWS. How things can change . I dont know how she could stay on now if there is that much discord. She could easily coach several more years.....hope she can find a good place to land. For someone who played here, who coached her 25 plus years, and was once part of athletic administration.........sure hate to see her go out this way.

Seems like it was just about 4 years ago that they were in the CWS. How things can change . I dont know how she could stay on now if there is that much discord. She could easily coach several more years.....hope she can find a good place to land. For someone who played here, who coached her 25 plus years, and was once part of athletic administration.........sure hate to see her go out this way.
Their last appearance in the WCWS was 2013 and their last NCAA tournament appearance was 2016.

Their last appearance in the WCWS was 2013 and their last NCAA tournament appearance was 2016.
I will say a couple of her problems are She’s not getting the Nebraska high school players or the high school softball talent is down and her overall recruiting hasn’t been good or the recruit doesn’t pan out. IMO her time has passed her by, time for some new coach to come in

I will say a couple of her problems are She’s not getting the Nebraska high school players or the high school softball talent is down and her overall recruiting hasn’t been good or the recruit doesn’t pan out. IMO her time has passed her by, time for some new coach to come in
I remember a few years ago there was a girl that NU recruited from the Omaha area that broke a bunch of Peaches James pitching records as a freshman and was going to be the next great thing. She committed to NU and ended up getting the yips and couldn’t throw strikes to save her life. She saw pitching coaches and psychologists and couldn’t ever figure it out. I think she ended up switching positions and went to a JUCO and ended up at Syracuse and was a pretty decent hitter.

Reactions: saluno22
Sometimes changes are good for both parties.

Reactions: Baxter48
No clue what the investigation is about, but I had heard that they tried convincing her to retire at the end of the season, but she refused. I think she was a good coach at one time, but they have been beyond awful for the last couple years and I think it’s time that she goes.
Agreed. She was darn good for what she accomplised here and I totally appreciate her years of service. But time to move on. She definitely deserves Nebraska Hall of Fame

First...no one cares about softball so there is that.
Second...this is wrong...you don't let people twist in the wind like this...period. If you are a boss and you do this to someone you are an asshole.

Exactly. She is a coach of a non-revenue generating sport. She probably has a family. She isn't making millions like some other coaches who deserve this kind of microscopic scrutiny. I don't know what her salary is (probably not much more than 6 figures), but unless she committed some egregious act, let her finish her career.

Amen...Shoot, if I was Moos and I would have called her in at the end of the season and said "What is your name? Okay...here is the deal...you can retire now with your buyout or have one more year, you pick" unless like you said, it was something bonkers which we all know it wasn't.

Second...this is wrong...you don't let people twist in the wind like this...period. If you are a boss and you do this to someone you are an asshole.
It’s probably no moos that’s handling this, my guess it a associate AD that is dealing with the issue. But yes I agree, why drag this out unless there are other legal issues that were not privy of

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
It’s probably no moos that’s handling this, my guess it a associate AD that is dealing with the issue. But yes I agree, why drag this out unless there are other legal issues that were not privy of

There probably are legal issues and that sucks too...this is why this all sucks...I get it is a public school...but it isn't right.

There probably are legal issues and that sucks too...this is why this all sucks...I get it is a public school...but it isn't right.

Any time you have a "contract" you have legal issues. The attorneys on here can chime in but it involves property rights under the 14th amendment. Unless she did one or more of the predetermined items listed in her contract, things get gray in a hurry and that provides leverage for her and obstacles for Moos. All speculation of course.

This is much different than an at-will employee. JRE, you have a teaching contract so you should be familiar.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Any time you have a "contract" you have legal issues. The attorneys on here can chime in but it involves property rights under the 14th amendment. Unless she did one or more of the predetermined items listed in her contract, things get gray in a hurry and that provides leverage for her and obstacles for Moos. All speculation of course.

This is much different than an at-will employee. JRE, you have a teaching contract so you should be familiar.

Oh I get it, it doesn't mean it is right. There is zero reason for this to be public. All of this could have been done without anyone knowing she was on leave.

Oh I get it, it doesn't mean it is right. There is zero reason for this to be public. All of this could have been done without anyone knowing she was on leave.

Not sure it is possible for no one to know about it. I have had to suspend teachers during investigations, it was not fun. Never talked to anyone about what was going on but in the course of the investigation word gets out - right or wrong, good or bad, correct or incorrect, too much to control. So you are then faced with the question do I just let rumors fly or do I address it with a minimal response?

In these days, keeping stuff like this private is very difficult. How many people do you think were interviewed?

Reactions: huskerfan66
Not sure it is possible for no one to know about it. I have had to suspend teachers during investigations, it was not fun. Never talked to anyone about what was going on but in the course of the investigation word gets out - right or wrong, good or bad, correct or incorrect, too much to control. So you are then faced with the question do I just let rumors fly or do I address it with a minimal response?

In these days, keeping stuff like this private is very difficult. How many people do you think were interviewed?
Especially at Nebraska during the off season.

Reactions: Husker.Wed.

I totally understand what you are saying and I know that is how it goes. I am just saying that it is wrong. It sucks that it is that way.

Sounds like there's more to this than a simple firing for poor performance. I suspect negotiations over her exit are why things are dragging out not anything Moos is doing.

Reactions: chopter
Still no word on the status of Revelle. Is this going to be like the Yori incident.....they will negotiate a resignation?

When one dies they burry her outside the stadium and get another one. A cadet has to bring her to class and if she barks class is dismissed. Also if she is sleeping in your bed you find a different place to sleep.

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
My guess is that Moos already has the next coach lined up......school is starting soon. I think it may be LS....would make sense

My guess is that Moos already has the next coach lined up......school is starting soon. I think it may be LS....would make sense
Honestly, they could hire Ted Bundy and I wouldn't care. I will never go to a game or look for a score (just like all of us), I just hate that stuff like this is public.

Honestly, they could hire Ted Bundy and I wouldn't care. I will never go to a game or look for a score (just like all of us), I just hate that stuff like this is public.
Being here in Nebraska, the local sports follow Husker softball although it takes the backseat to Husker BB, baseball, spring recruiting news etc. I've gone to baseball and softball games in the same day albight rare. I root anything Huskers.

Being here in Nebraska, the local sports follow Husker softball although it takes the backseat to Husker BB, baseball, spring recruiting news etc. I've gone to baseball and softball games in the same day albight rare. I root anything Huskers.

Now that I think about it...if Ted Bundy was the coach I would go see a game! I would "Kill" to get a seat.

How was this ever not going to have been made public? As soon as she was suspended, people on both sides were going to leak the fact she was suspended.

Maybe not suspend her and just do your "investigation" while she is still "working"...maybe just fire her?

I don't know...It is stupid...that is all I know.

Maybe not suspend her and just do your "investigation" while she is still "working"...maybe just fire her?

I don't know...It is stupid...that is all I know.

Really? cmon you are a smart dude. If they don't suspend her and she is doing something wrong, and continues to do so, you are setting yourself up for a lawsuit. If they just fire her, and it turns out she did nothing wrong, you set yourself up for a lawsuit.

Stupid or not, and I agree it is taking way too long, you have to cover your ass as an institution, especially in the litigious world in which we live.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT