ADVERTISEMENT

Reps for Florida and Frost Meeting per ESPN

“Florida is the best job in the country.” “Florida is a Ferrari.”
RollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaugh

Spurrier, Meyer and shark f*cker all bailed on that job. So it would seem they certainly disagree.
And the Gators just above .500 record over the last 7 years really shows how elite they are. Nick Saban and Bama were lucky to have ever slipped by the Gators those years! Laughing

Florida’s biggest problem right now is turning down offers from Saban, Dabo, Carroll and Belichick to work there for free! RollingLaugh

UCLA is better to some coaches. Chip Kelly would rather be there than Nebraska. It depends on what you’re looking for as a coach.

UCLA? When have they even been top dog in LA? They have had four coaches during the same time the Huskers have had four coaches. I don't even compare them to the Huskers as far as history and tradition are concerned. I think Chip can go there and win games, but I still think he his going to have a hard time duplicating his four years in Eugene.

Bunch of tools up in Gainesville. They had a shot at Kelly but spurrier and Foley (ex AD) kept meddling and wanted Kelly to keep some assistants. No way Kelly wants to deal with that crap and neither will Frost.

If you believe what the UF grunts were reporting Kelly was a lock and I’m sure they will say the same about Frost.

UCLA? When have they even been top dog in LA? They have had four coaches during the same time the Huskers have had four coaches. I don't even compare them to the Huskers as far as history and tradition are concerned. I think Chip can go there and win games, but I still think he his going to have a hard time duplicating his four years in Eugene.
Chip wouldn’t even give Nebraska a second thought. UCLA is a better job to him. If Frost didn’t have Nebraska ties he would never come here. Nebraska isn’t as great of as a job as many think it is here. Don’t get me wrong it’s a solid place for a coach, but there are plenty of places most coaches would rather go. We would be considered the fourth or fifth best job in the BIG to most coaches and people.

Reactions: ryandnicholson
Florida HAS to be in play first, whether real or perceived. NU will not get the first offer, but they better be ready to outbid UF or they won't deserve SF. You have to be in the driver's seat, & makem beg for you...
(wallet in hand).

Its not good enough to be smart on the field, but in life and business as well. So get ready to dig deep or stay on this nasty carousel.

Reactions: keilwitzg
Bunch of tools up in Gainesville. They had a shot at Kelly but spurrier and Foley (ex AD) kept meddling and wanted Kelly to keep some assistants. No way Kelly wants to deal with that crap and neither will Frost.

If you believe what the UF grunts were reporting Kelly was a lock and I’m sure they will say the same about Frost.
Kelly always seemed more like a PAC 12 guy. He can go out in California and no one will bother him. The weather is better and the pressure isn’t there compared to Florida plus he still has a great recruiting base.

So this is what Frost sees in Florida:

1. A program that fired a coach , who won two league championships, half way through his 3rd season. Apparently because of cultural differences...well a dude from Montana and a dude from sandy creek are pretty culturally similar.
2. A program that just started a 100 million dollar upgrade that is 10 years too late.
3. A program that has to compete with Miami, Florida State, Clemson, Alabama, and Georgia for the best players...and has to beat those teams to keep from being fired after 3 years.
4. A program that has had a month to put a deal together with Frost, but chose to go after Kelly, who stiffed them logically, and are now scrambling for his services.
5. If Frost chooses Florida, we didn't want him anyway...we DO NOT WANT FROST if he has to settle to coach us, we want a confident Frost who can coach anywhere in the country but chooses us because he loves husker football.

So this is what Frost sees in Florida:

1. A program that fired a coach , who won two league championships, half way through his 3rd season. Apparently because of cultural differences...well a dude from Montana and a dude from sandy creek are pretty culturally similar.
2. A program that just started a 100 million dollar upgrade that is 10 years too late.
3. A program that has to compete with Miami, Florida State, Clemson, Alabama, and Georgia for the best players...and has to beat those teams to keep from being fired after 3 years.
4. A program that has had a month to put a deal together with Frost, but chose to go after Kelly, who stiffed them logically, and are now scrambling for his services.
5. If Frost chooses Florida, we didn't want him anyway...we DO NOT WANT FROST if he has to settle to coach us, we want a confident Frost who can coach anywhere in the country but chooses us because he loves husker football.
We do fire 9 win coaches here and did fire a coach who won 3 division titles in 7 years. We aren’t much different in that regard.

I figured. But Bo was fired because of his mouth, actions and attitude. If those tapes never surfaced and his sideline antics were cut back a bit he is still our coach. We also hired a young AD with a ego that bit off way more than he could chew. So yeah.
Eichorst was a hired gun. Harvey fired Bo and has his hand prints all over the Riley hire. Harvey got what he wanted.

3 our of 7 doesn’t compare very favorably to 2 our of 2...
Florida won a weak division and was getting blown out with McElwain. Doesn’t that sound familiar. Nebraska’s expectations aren’t much different than Florida’s. Frost will probably get more time here due to his roots. That is the biggest difference.

Florida won a weak division and was getting blown out with McElwain. Doesn’t that sound familiar. Nebraska expectations aren’t much different than Florida. Frost will probably get more time here due to his roots. That is the biggest difference.
Yep agree with this.

Chip wouldn’t even give Nebraska a second thought. UCLA is a better job to him. If Frost didn’t have Nebraska ties he would never come here. Nebraska isn’t as great of as a job as many think it is here. Don’t get me wrong it’s a solid place for a coach, but there are plenty of places most coaches would rather go. We would be considered the fourth or fifth best job in the BIG to most coaches and people.

The average Joe's reaction is that UCLA is far sexier than Nebraska. I get that. Lincoln can't compete with Brentwood. I can see why Chip didn't give Nebraska a second thought. What I am questioning his choice of going to UCLA over other schools like Florida. UCLA has always played second fiddle to USC and it always will. Chip caught lightning in a bottle at Eugene. The uniforms, the modern hi -tech lockeroom, the zone read and the no huddle offense have all been copied. He's no longer the new whiz kid on the block.

Frost would also have to deal with a lot less booster meddling here. I'm pretty sure Frost would have a lot more freedom to run things how he wants here than he would at UF.

The average Joe's reaction is that UCLA is far sexier than Nebraska. I get that. Lincoln can't compete with Brentwood. I can see why Chip didn't give Nebraska a second thought. What I am questioning his choice of going to UCLA over other schools like Florida. UCLA has always played second fiddle to USC and it always will. Chip caught lightning in a bottle at Eugene. The uniforms, the modern hi -tech lockeroom, the zone read and the no huddle offense have all been copied. He's no longer the new whiz kid on the block.
I think Chip will be just fine at UCLA. You saw what happened to Oregon after he left. The guy can coach.

I think Chip will be just fine at UCLA. You saw what happened to Oregon after he left. The guy can coach.

What I know is he was a great coach for four years with the Ducks. A lot of things have changed since then. Do I think he will be better than Mora? Yes, that shouldn't be too hard. Do I think Chip will duplicate his Oregon years? No.

Reactions: Husker-NJ
We do fire 9 win coaches here and did fire a coach who won 3 division titles in 7 years. We aren’t much different in that regard.

Different ADs did those things...At Florida Frost has to deal with the administration that created the mess and hasn't been held accountable, At NU there is pretty much a blank slate. And open check.

Different ADs did those things...At Florida Frost has to deal with the administration that created the mess and hasn't been held accountable, At NU there is pretty much a blank slate. And open check.
So, no one really knows what Moos is about yet. The expectations at Nebraska aren’t much different than at Florida. Thats all I’m saying. The reason Frost comes back if he does will be due to family, Osborne, and his friends back here more than anything else.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-frost-ucf-knights-coaching-rumors/894149001/

Nebraska will tug at the heartstrings. A few weeks ago, Frost and his quality-control administrator, former Nebraska linebacker Barrett Ruud, sat in Frost’s office and took a quiz: name the 300 most populous cities, towns and villages in Nebraska in 20 minutes. The pair got more than 200. His parents still reside in Wood River, Neb., and Tom Osborne still looms over the university and its football program. At some point, if he hasn’t already, Osborne will place a call: Are you ready to come home, he’ll ask. Frost would have to say no to his mentor and “hero in coaching,” as he called Osborne in a recent interview with USA TODAY Sports.

Scott Frost’s wife is the wild card in all this. Wives wield incredible influence.
Maybe, but the whole wife thing is overplayed. He's the one going to be making close to 5 million a year. It's going to be his decision.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-frost-ucf-knights-coaching-rumors/894149001/

Nebraska will tug at the heartstrings. A few weeks ago, Frost and his quality-control administrator, former Nebraska linebacker Barrett Ruud, sat in Frost’s office and took a quiz: name the 300 most populous cities, towns and villages in Nebraska in 20 minutes. The pair got more than 200. His parents still reside in Wood River, Neb., and Tom Osborne still looms over the university and its football program. At some point, if he hasn’t already, Osborne will place a call: Are you ready to come home, he’ll ask. Frost would have to say no to his mentor and “hero in coaching,” as he called Osborne in a recent interview with USA TODAY Sports.

I don't know. TO picked Bo over godson Turner Gill. Seemed the safe choice at the time since Bo was popular among Husker fans and TG was still considered too green (even than Bo?). He might make that call, but only if asked, IMO.

I don't know. TO picked Bo over godson Turner Gill. Seemed the safe choice at the time since Bo was popular among Husker fans and TG was still considered too green (even than Bo?). He might make that call, but only if asked, IMO.

Turner would have been a hard sell at the time.....he was 7-17 after 2 years at Buffalo. Frost is 17-7 with an 11-0 team and the top scoring offense in the nation, in a better conference than Buffalo. Other big-name schools want to hire him. Big difference between the two.

Reactions: saluno22
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT