ADVERTISEMENT

Representation?

pahusker139

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Jan 12, 2008
The Villages, Florida
Just bought a house in the Villages in Florida. It's a 55+ years old mega community with tons of cold climate transplants. Everyone drives around with tricked out golf carts. Tons of Ohio State and Wisconsin fans. So far no Nebraska Alumni/fans. Weird.

Reactions: CBurns05
Just bought a house in the Villages in Florida. It's a 55+ years old mega community with tons of cold climate transplants. Everyone drives around with tricked out golf carts. Tons of Ohio State and Wisconsin fans. So far no Nebraska Alumni/fans. Weird.
I was told northeasterners go Florida. Midwesterners go to TX/AZ. Not sure how accurate it is in reality today but 6 yrs ago there was a ton of new yorker accents when I was briefly in FL. Last winter saw a bunch of NU and a few IA shirts in AZ. Heard lots of GBR when wearing my Husker gear in AZ

I was told northeasterners go Florida. Midwesterners go to TX/AZ. Not sure how accurate it is in reality today but 6 yrs ago there was a ton of new yorker accents when I was briefly in FL. Last winter saw a bunch of NU and a few IA shirts in AZ. Heard lots of GBR when wearing my Husker gear in AZ
Some truth to that. Midwesterners do not want to be around obnoxious New Yorkers.

being around too many blue hairs gives me the creeps. it's like existing in a living mortuary. give me a population proportionate envirement and a few fully loaded automatics and i am just fine.

Reactions: pahusker139
I'm grieved to report sightings of many Iowa Hawkeyes. I was at an outdoor market looking at team logo golf towels (found my Husker towel) when a pack of them walked by wearing their Hawkeyes fan gear. Looking forward to beating them this season.

you can drive to Phoenix fairly easily from Omaha. Lots of non-stop flights from Omaha and Denver to Phoenix. Much much easier. I have a friend who commutes back and forth in the winter between Phoenix and Omaha.

Last edited:
Reactions: pahusker139
ADVERTISEMENT