ADVERTISEMENT

Report that Martinez practiced today

well this is a message board to talk about football right?
sorry you don't like my posts.
The part about being coy on the injury to AM bothered me because he felt he had to hide the starting quarterback from Troy? So yeah, I question that openly. Sorry you're still in the honeymoon phase.. I've alread hit the Defrost setting :)
Look around you... I’m sure there’s an eject button nearby as well. You might feel better after hitting it. I know I will.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
well this is a message board to talk about football right?
sorry you don't like my posts.
The part about being coy on the injury to AM bothered me because he felt he had to hide the starting quarterback from Troy? So yeah, I question that openly. Sorry you're still in the honeymoon phase.. I've alread hit the Defrost setting :)
You hit the defrost setting after two games? Lol. Sorry, but that is just pathetic.
Yes, this is a chat board. So chat. Have I challenged your right to speak? No. All I have challenged is the quality of your posts. But you certainly have a right to spew any stupidity you want. Just as the rest of us have the right to call them stupid.

You were referring to HuskerDana! Here is what was said very succinctly of what the players thought about AMart winning the competition:

You are directly contradicting the main argument of a few weeks ago that kidofSN and HuskerDana were leading the charge on.
I am? I don't think I misread it, but it's possible. He was also saying the TG was upset because Frost didn't tell him eye to eye. He had coach V do it, when apparently he had said he would tell him.. I dunno.. maybe it's just more of the same from coach frost, or not

You hit the defrost setting after two games? Lol. Sorry, but that is just pathetic.
Yes, this is a chat board. So chat. Have I challenged your right to speak? No. All I have challenged is the quality of your posts. But you certainly have a right to spew any stupidity you want. Just as the rest of us have the right to call them stupid.
it was a joke.. sorry you can't take a joke

it was a joke.. sorry you can't take a joke
Lol. I can take a joke. But your posts make it seem as if you are not a fan of Frost. So when you accuse me of being in a honeymoon phase and claim you are already defrosted, there is a plausibility to that. Hard to see that it was a joke.
So ok. It was a joke then . Hahaha

Reactions: NikkiSixx
I am? I don't think I misread it, but it's possible. He was also saying the TG was upset because Frost didn't tell him eye to eye. He had coach V do it, when apparently he had said he would tell him.. I dunno.. maybe it's just more of the same from coach frost, or not
You are smarter than this so don't deflect to "TG was upset b/c Frost didn't tell him eye to eye." That has zero to do with what you have been trying to sell us about OTHER players being mad at how Frost handled it with Gebbia.

You know why other players were NOT upset? Because Frost didn't bring in each 2nd teamer and tell him that he wasn't starting. You really want us to believe that players who were told by their position coaches who was starting and who wasn't are upset that Frost didn't tell the qbs face to face? C'mon man!

At this point I'm pretty sure you don't even know what you are arguing.

Last edited:
I thought the CV was that Gebbia left because of a business decision/had to what was best for him, not because of hurt fee-fees.

You are smarter than this so don't deflect to "TG was upset b/c Frost didn't tell him eye to eye." That has zero to do with what you have been trying to sell us about OTHER players being mad at how Frost handled it with Gebbia.

You know why other players were NOT upset? Because Frost didn't bring in each 2nd teamer and tell him that he wasn't starting. At this point I'm pretty sure you don't even know what you are arguing.
There are multiple things being argued here.. one of them was that Frost may have lost some credibility, and that eye to eye thing, is another example that was brought up on this board.

The other players being mad, I don't know what that really means, but coach and others are talking about buy in, and problems on the line, so I thought it could be relevant.

The part about how Frost handled the QB situation, is absolutely messed up, because he shot himself in the foot by trying to avoid a transfer, and likely ended up causing one instead. I have no proof that is the case, but it looks pretty sketchy to me.

The other players being mad, I don't know what that really means...
If you don't know what that really means, then don't argue garbage about it meaning they were mad at how Frost handled the situation with Gebbia. You act like you are talking from evidence when you are doing nothing but throwing darts in the dark.

Last edited:
yes, from 104 to 90th

you want to win some games this season or no? if no, keep playing aggressive D

We had like four 3 and outs in a row against Colorado and ended up with what? I think it was 7 points. Take advantage of what your defense feeds ya and we’re whistling a different tune. Point being that our defense has offered the opportunity and the offense didn’t take advantage. Keep them in that position all game long and they’re eventually going to break.

If you don't know what that really means, then don't argue garbage about it meaning they were mad at how Frost handled the situation with Gebbia. You act like you are talking from evidence when you are doing nothing but throwing darts in the dark.
It's okay Bob. Life will go on.

We had like four 3 and outs in a row against Colorado and ended up with what? I think it was 7 points. Take advantage of what your defense feeds ya and we’re whistling a different tune. Point being that our defense has offered the opportunity and the offense didn’t take advantage. Keep them in that position all game long and they’re eventually going to break.
we did play pretty good against CU during the second quarter..

For what it's worth, maybe we need to slow the defense down and speed the offense up.. and do something about the special teams too.

Just stop, already. This is getting beyond ridiculous.

Sure I do. Andrew Bunch said he was told he would start late last week. It's right there in his interview.

Ok, so let me get this straight. Andrew Bunch says in his post game comments that Frost told him late in the week that he was “going to get a shot...” and somehow you equate that to knowing Martinez’s status on Saturday AND Frost lied to you and ruined his credibility. Anyone that doesn’t have shit for brains knew that Martinez was a long shot to play against Troy in the first place, yet everyone was hoping against hope that he would somehow be able to play. Here’s a news flash in case you think Frost May lie to you. Martinez May practice this week, but he’s a long shot to play on Saturday against Michigan. But we’re all going to hope against hope that he can go. Just don’t want you to feel lied to if Martinez dresses but doesn’t play on Saturday.

Really this is all about you. If Frost doesn’t tell YOU, what YOU want to know about the extent of a player’s injury then YOU make up some bullshit that fits YOUR agenda. Nevermind the fact that Frost said from the outset that he would not speak to the media about player injuries unless it was season ending, so the fact that he has said anything at all is more forthcoming then he indicated.

Go watch Tanner Farmers Interview

Again, you’re making shit up. Tanner said he was making throws, making good reads, running around a little but not a lot. What from that 15-20 second sound bite makes you think that you know anything about Martinez’s status or the extent to which he practiced?

Frost was asked about it every day, and he kept putting off a decision, until he thought he was safe from a transfer. Then woah, the school with a quarters system all of a sudden was in the mix. Frost got outplayed.

Proof? Are you a 5, 6, 7 figure donor? Do you have some inside info you are privy to? Do you know, for a fact Frost delayed the decision to name a starting QB so that one wouldn’t transfer, or are you just making shit up again? Do you really have proof that was Frost’s motive or was there truly a QB battle taking place? And even if he did what is that to you? If one is on the fence and he can get that player to stay and contribute, why would he not try? QB battles take place at every other program, why is it so hard to believe that a true QB battle took place at NU? Or are you Gebbia’s mom and just pissed that junior got beat out so it’s easier to play the Frost lied card?

Nothing that you are saying or proposing is even remotely logical. I just don’t understand the vitriol towards Frost at this juncture. Unless you’re still butthurt over Solich or Pelini, or you’re a Riley die hard there is absolutely no logical reason to be down on this staff at this point, and the arguments you’re making are long shots if not completely asinine.

Okay.. if you say so.

I don’t have to say so. You’re doing a good job of saying so yourself.

Ok, so let me get this straight. Andrew Bunch says in his post game comments that Frost told him late in the week that he was “going to get a shot...” and somehow you equate that to knowing Martinez’s status on Saturday AND Frost lied to you and ruined his credibility. Anyone that doesn’t have shit for brains knew that Martinez was a long shot to play against Troy in the first place, yet everyone was hoping against hope that he would somehow be able to play. Here’s a news flash in case you think Frost May lie to you. Martinez May practice this week, but he’s a long shot to play on Saturday against Michigan. But we’re all going to hope against hope that he can go. Just don’t want you to feel lied to if Martinez dresses but doesn’t play on Saturday.

Really this is all about you. If Frost doesn’t tell YOU, what YOU want to know about the extent of a player’s injury then YOU make up some bullshit that fits YOUR agenda. Nevermind the fact that Frost said from the outset that he would not speak to the media about player injuries unless it was season ending, so the fact that he has said anything at all is more forthcoming then he indicated.

Again, you’re making shit up. Tanner said he was making throws, making good reads, running around a little but not a lot. What from that 15-20 second sound bite makes you think that you know anything about Martinez’s status or the extent to which he practiced?

Proof? Are you a 5, 6, 7 figure donor? Do you have some inside info you are privy to? Do you know, for a fact Frost delayed the decision to name a starting QB so that one wouldn’t transfer, or are you just making shit up again? Do you really have proof that was Frost’s motive or was there truly a QB battle taking place? And even if he did what is that to you? If one is on the fence and he can get that player to stay and contribute, why would he not try? QB battles take place at every other program, why is it so hard to believe that a true QB battle took place at NU? Or are you Gebbia’s mom and just pissed that junior got beat out so it’s easier to play the Frost lied card?

Nothing that you are saying or proposing is even remotely logical. I just don’t understand the vitriol towards Frost at this juncture. Unless you’re still butthurt over Solich or Pelini, or you’re a Riley die hard there is absolutely no logical reason to be down on this staff at this point, and the arguments you’re making are long shots if not completely asinine.

I don’t have to say so. You’re doing a good job of saying so yourself.
I couldn't disagree with you more. I'm quite confident in what I'm seeing and my interpretation of it. You can take the personal attacks somewhere else, because the last I looked, I didn't attack you, nor anyone else on this board. You don't like what I say, fine, don't read it.

I couldn't disagree with you more. I'm quite confident in what I'm seeing and my interpretation of it. You can take the personal attacks somewhere else, because the last I looked, I didn't attack you, nor anyone else on this board. You don't like what I say, fine, don't read it.

Fair enough.

Not sure how I feel about this from Troy Walters today when asked about Martinez:
“He’s making progress. He looks better and better every day,” Walters said after Wednesday’s practice. “We’ll see come Saturday what his status is. We’re going to make the best decision with the team in mind, and the future in mind.

Not sure how I feel about this from Troy Walters today when asked about Martinez:
“He’s making progress. He looks better and better every day,” Walters said after Wednesday’s practice. “We’ll see come Saturday what his status is. We’re going to make the best decision with the team in mind, and the future in mind.

Basically a repeat of what Frost said on Monday. From what has been said by players and coaches this week, we know:

a) he is practicing, but still limited (i.e., he is "improving" and so not 100%)
b) "running around some" (Ozigbo)
c) he is not taking any hits (green jersey, no significant risk of further injury)
d) they will not play him if there is a risk of further injury (Frost, Walters)

Based on a) and d) above I don't think it's likely he will play Saturday. If he is still limited it's generally the case that there is risk of further injury. I hope I'm wrong, as I would really like the Huskers to play a competitive game on Saturday.

I don't think he plays ... and I hope to hell they are working on running play clock ... we need to shorten this game as much as possible

we start running up tempo and our defense is going to get gassed really quick ... lots of runs and bubble screens to keep the clock moving

Yeah, he ain't playing.

Reactions: footnfan1
Yeah, he ain't playing.
Even if AM is only 90% chances are sf will play him because he gives you guys a genuine shot at upsetting Michigan. He may not run as much but the kids arm is special enough to put him out there.
In fact, Sf allusion to "the future" implies I think that AM will be played in 3 more games this season-- Michigan, wisconsin, and Iowa. Am gives you shot in these games. Osu is pointless because you aren't beating the bucks this year period.

Even if AM is only 90% chances are sf will play him because he gives you guys a genuine shot at upsetting Michigan. He may not run as much but the kids arm is special enough to put him out there.
In fact, Sf allusion to "the future" implies I think that AM will be played in 3 more games this season-- Michigan, wisconsin, and Iowa. Am gives you shot in these games. Osu is pointless because you aren't beating the bucks this year period.
No way in hell AM redshirts unless he's seriously injured. As long as he's healthy he'll play every game.

Reactions: scarletred
Ask @HuskerDana he is the guy that said there were guys loyal to TG that were upset at how that all was handled.

I don't know if that influenced line play last Sat.

I never said that the line was pi##ed and wouldn't block for a quarterback other than Gebbia. There were some that felt that Gebbia had won the competition and was a better leader than AM.

Still no decision on who is starting. Coach Frost said this morning that martiMar will definitely travel with the team....sHocking.

Or good thing he doesn't play defense or special teams. He would always have a flag thrown at his feet

There are multiple things being argued here.. one of them was that Frost may have lost some credibility, and that eye to eye thing, is another example that was brought up on this board.

The other players being mad, I don't know what that really means, but coach and others are talking about buy in, and problems on the line, so I thought it could be relevant.

The part about how Frost handled the QB situation, is absolutely messed up, because he shot himself in the foot by trying to avoid a transfer, and likely ended up causing one instead. I have no proof that is the case, but it looks pretty sketchy to me.

The data of the last 6 years says this board knows absolutely nothing about the NU program. The "insiders" are completely clueless on this board and the pay board. Anybody who says TG was angry doesn't know first hand, and heard 2nd or 3rd hand or just made assumptions that became fact. Frost has to deal with 105 about 75 of them rarely play..so him sitting down with TG made no sense. And we all know that Frost chose the best qb, and TG was destined to leave because he is 2nd or 3rd best.

Reactions: bshirt73
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT